Thread: Blighted ovum

Thanks

Question Blighted ovum

I have read that if this type of miscarriage occurs you start to lose your pregnancy symptoms. Has anyone experinced this type of miscarriage before and if so did you lose you symptoms? TIA
    Me 26 Hubby 31
    Married 12/15/01
    TTC#1 12months

m/c 10/14/04 @ 7 weeks

Thanks

If you have no symptoms of m/c I really would not worry about it. Some women still have all their symptoms even w/ a blighted ovum...I still do & my blighted ovum has already been absorbed back into my body. You are going to make yourself sick & crazy if you worry about m/c's all the time...I know it sometimes can't be helped b/c every women worries about m/c but if you have no signs or symptoms of m/c then please try not to worry. If you are really that worried, please call your dr.

Traci

Married 7 years to my wonderful husband!Hidden Content
    1 DD (B: 9/06; A: 8/07)Hidden Content
    2 fur kitties-10
    9 angels (4 losses 2003-2004) RPL testing "normal" No cause found-'05 & '09. 5th loss 2010 (now 11 angels)Hidden Content

Failed Gonal-F AND Soy cycle Sept 09
    IVF Long Lupron Protocal June/July 2010--ectopic or m/c
    D&C & Lap 8/13/10
    9/2: still in limbo....beta level @ 2000s, nothing found on u/s
    2550mg Met--stopped due to high liver function
    100mcg Levothroxine
    Prenatal--stopped
    Baby ASA--stopped

Thanks

I have just had a miscarriage at what should have been week 12. I had a bloated ovum (5 week development) that they discovered during my first bleed at week 9. When they tested my HGC at week nine it was 45,000. I have been told that is the levels of a 12 week pregnancy, not 9! my pregnancy was progressing, i had all symptoms untill about three days ago when i started to bleed heavily. i miscarried by myself. I too spent most of pregnancy worried about having a miscarriage, i wish i had enjoyed it more. I think you should get everything checked out but remember what will be will be and just enjoy being pregnant, don't stress too much.
    take care
    emma
    Me: 34 yrs old
    DH: 36 yrs old
    M/C September 2004Hidden Content
    DS: Born 11th September 2005
    Hidden Content
    DD: Born 23rd November 2007
    Hidden Content
    Beautiful fur babies - Hobbes and Bella

Thanks

I had a blighted ovum and still had all the pregnancy symptoms.
    I had a little bit of brown spotting that everyone told me was normal. They said it was caused from the progesterone suppositories irritating my cervix
    Other than that I had no symptoms of miscarrying just pregnancy symptoms. Deep down I truly knew something wasn't right. Infact I caught the miscarriage so soon that there was still a fetal pole.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Chances are you are having the same fears that many women have and everything will work out just fine

3 miracles, 4 angels saluki_fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Blighted ovum and loss of PG symptoms

Hi - I am very sorry for your loss.

I found out I was PG on 7/5 and had a M/c in August - it was a blighted ovum too. I never had any nausea throughout my pregnancy (which may have been a bad sign, but not everyone has nausea, so I don't know about that) and my breasts stopped hurting in mid-July, although I did continue to be fatigued up until my m/c.

I had an ultrasound on 7/26 where the baby had a very faint heartbeat and was not as big as it should have been for that stage of development. I told my doctor that I hadn't had any nausea and my breasts stopped hurting in mid-July - however, I just thought I was lucky.

I started seeing light spots August 7 but was told by my doctor's office it was probably from having sex that morning. On August 17th it started getting heavy and I went to have an emergency ultrasound and that's when I found out we'd miscarry.

On 8/17, my doc told me that she been worried that I'd have a miscarriage or blighted ovum because my breasts had stopped hurting and the baby was just way too small on 7/26. She hadn't mentioned her fears at my first u/s because she hoped she turn out to be wrong.

On 8/17 I still had a sac, and I think they could see the "fetal pole", but the baby was already "gone". I bled for another week, but got tired of waiting. On 8/23, I had one more u/s just to be sure and then had a D and C on 8/26. My doc thought that was the best solution and I just wanted to get things over with.

On 8/17 my HCG levels were at 32,000 and my hormones didn't get back to normal until about 9/13 or so. And what a roller coaster ride that was! I did ovulate naturally on 9/17 and AF visited on 9/29. So now things are back to "normal" - or at least normal for me. Guess there is no normal with PCOS!

Feel freel to send me a PM if you have more questions...best of luck to you.
    Lean cyster ~ M/c @ 10 wks after seeing heartbeat 8/04, m/c @ 10 wks after seeing heartbeat 8-09. 2 chemical PGs lost @ 4.5 wks 1/05 & 3/05.
    4/05: Dx w/antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.

DS 1/06, DD 12/07, DD2 7/10. Plus 1 large, neurotic dog.

Thanks

I had a blighted ovum at 6 weeks. Other than some very different cramping, which came before bleeding, it was painful sharp pain type cramping; I never knew what was going on until I had my levels tested. I never lost pg symptoms. Still had sore bb's, fatigue, etc...

You can't worry yourself too much. Every woman is different and I know many women lose early pg symptoms and worry; only to get a whole new wave of different symptoms as the baby grows.

THINK POSITIVE!

Anna
    me: 35 DH:35 - both teachers
    Married 4/21/01
    Diagnosed with PCOS 6/04
    2 m/c in 5 months using Clomid.
    One month of Femara, conceived on a rest cycle the next month!
    2000mg met b/f and during pg
    GD & Bedrest last month of, C-section week 38,

Hidden Content

I sell Pampered Chef! Cysters, PM me for discount information/catalog!

Thanks

Unhappy

Hello Mizzjessie, and others.

I just found out yesterday that I have a blighted ovum. I went in last week for my first u/s after insemenation on 9/18. At that time the Dr. expressed concern. It was too small or I ovulated much later than originally thought. He did the blood test and my hcg was 2650. So we thought we conceived the natural way.
    I just knew something wasn't right my breast stopped hurting as much but I was extremely tired so I was telling myself it was okay. However yesterday the u/s confirmed it was a blighted ovum. I have some large cysts that are sustaining the pregnancy making my HCG levels high or normal. I have an awesome Dr. who explains everything so well and for that I am grateful. I am also looking on the bright side that I did get pg on our first attempt with insemenation. I hadn't tried for over a year because I hadn't found the right Dr.

Dr. Andrew prescribed a strong birth control pill to take for five days starting today and to start taking motrin in 3 days 3xa day.
    Hopefully, I will miscarry on my own and not have to do the d&c. I will take a month off and then see Dr. Andrew again the first of Dec.

I am sorry but I understand and it hurts. We have to move on and find the postivie in things. I just tell myself it's better this way and it just means that something was wrong from the beginning. I was on the June mommy group and there are quite a few that m/c before and now are having healthy pg's, hearing the heart beat etc. So there is hope.

Well take care of yourself. How was your m/c? Just like a really bad period?

Marni
    IT IS NOT MY FAULT THAT I HAVE PCOS, BUT IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
    Clomid 100mg +Femara+Dexmatheson IUI=PG
    M/C 10-27. 2ND IUI Feb 9th D&C 3/15/05 Homocystein levels high DX APS antiphospholipids blood clotting disorder RX Folgard (Folic acid, B6 & B12) & when pg heparin & baby aspirin. PG naturally DS arrived 2/12/06

Thanks

Unhappy

I'm so sorry marnikay.
    My prayers are with you & your significant other during this time.
    My miscarriage was slightly worse than a heavy period but it was because of the medication I was on.
    If you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.
    (((Hugs)))