Thanks

Question IGIA PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL PRODUCTS

Has anybod tried the IGIA PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL PRODUCTS in these links?

http://igia.com/cfm/product.cfm?ID=AT6758

http://www.igia.com/cfm/product.cfm?ID=at940

http://www.igia.com/cfm/product.cfm?ID=AT940P

http://www.igia.com/cfm/product.cfm?ID=AT837

They are supposedly able to remove hair permanently.

"A mild galvanic current is sent to the hair root and after repeated applications the follicle is completely removed and helps to prevent re-growth."

I'm thinking of getting one but was hoping for some feedback from someone who has tried them already
    Symptoms: Obesity, Hirsutism, Hair Loss, Irregular Menstruation, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Acanthosis Nigricans

Daily Medications/Vitamins: 500 mg Flutamide, 137 mcg Synthroid, 1000 mg Metformin, Apri (BCPs),
    40 mg Omaprezole, 300 mg Ranitidine, .5 mg Enapril, Zyrtec, Women's Ultramega Multivitamin

Weight Stats: Original: 230, Current: 209, Short/Long Term Goals: 200/130
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I was a victim of an at home 'permanent' hair removal system. Mine was called Finally Free--got it on the Shopping Channel in Canada. Didn't work a lick. My sister bought an IGIA thinking her luck might be better--it wasn't. I'm sure they keep changing the design of the product but the basic components are the same. I generally don't trust that stuff anymore. Do a search on google for reviews of hair removal systems--it may be on there.
    Hidden Content
    If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it
    age dx:18
    Fiance's age: 31
    aldactone 100mg 1998-1999
    Diane-35 1999-present
    Canadian currently teaching English in South Korea

Thanks

Thumbs down

I have an IGIA hair removal system - SAVE YOUR MONEY! You're supposed to be able to treat the hair and it will "slip out easily" - on the highest setting for 2-3 times the recomended time my hair was still FIRMLY attached! I'm saving my money for laser removal.
    Julia

Thanks

Default Thanks for the info.

Thanks Diana24 and Jewel,

I figured that those things were too good to be true.
    Last edited by Hezzer; 07-18-2002 at 08:55 AM.
    Symptoms: Obesity, Hirsutism, Hair Loss, Irregular Menstruation, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Acanthosis Nigricans

Daily Medications/Vitamins: 500 mg Flutamide, 137 mcg Synthroid, 1000 mg Metformin, Apri (BCPs),
    40 mg Omaprezole, 300 mg Ranitidine, .5 mg Enapril, Zyrtec, Women's Ultramega Multivitamin

Hidden Content

Thanks

Same here....don't waste your money.

I still use mine every once in a while hoping it's changed..silly me!

It was more like plucking than 'slipping out easily'. It was like an expensive tweezer!

What a waste of money!! UGH!

Happily married for 19 years & mommy to 3 beautiful daughters
    ~13 year old (born preemie @ 24 weeks), 5.5 year old & 3.5 year old (both born in China!)~

Hidden Content

Thanks

Despite all that I've been told, I'm still considering getting one of these things.

The more that the hair on my chin grows in, the more I feel absolutely desperate and this little voice says "Well maybe it could work for me".

I know that the hairs are supposed to slip out easily but it usually turns out to be more like plucking. Does that have any bearing on whether the root has been killed though? Is it still effective if the hair doesn't slip out easily?

For those that have used the IGIA machine thingies, do the hairs that you "plucked" come back?

Hidden Content

Thanks

Unhappy

Yes, my hair still comes back.

I don't believe it is getting the root because the current is not killing the root. For me it's just like plucking. It really doesn't work on my thick dark hairs.

Happily married for 19 years & mommy to 3 beautiful daughters
    ~13 year old (born preemie @ 24 weeks), 5.5 year old & 3.5 year old (both born in China!)~

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have been checking out similar products.

One can be found at http://www.hairremover.com
    This product claims to send 27.125 MHz to the hair to kill the root.

I don't know how that compares to the IGIA products. A week ago, I sent an email to IGIA asking how many Mhz their product sends to the hair root. I figured that if it was significantly lower, than maybe this other product would be more effective.

Well, I never heard back from IGIA. They lost a sale.

Hidden Content

Thanks

Smile

For anyone who has questions about hair removal products and methods, I urge you to check out a website- hairfacts.com

It is not sponsored by anyone, so the information is objective.
    It has all kinds of great information on the pros and cons of hair removal methods, hair removal products, scams, etc.

From what I read on this site, IGIA doesn't seem to have a very good reputation, along with a few other companies.

I used a questionaire from the site when I went to my laser consultation. I found it very helpful, it had important questions that I never would have thought to ask.

I hope this may help!

~Rebecca
    Rebecca