Thanks

Default Extreme pain between thighs in pubic area

Hi all, I have been without a computer for quite some time and have missed out on alot. My signature down at the bottom may not be correct anymore. (Ill go and change it)
    My question is ..."Last night I was walking around my house getting ready to leave and I felt a slight pain in my pubic area, mostly right in between my thighs. I got in my car and when I got to my destination, I swung my legs out of the car and yelped in pain. It had gotten much worse in the course of about a half hour. It hurts primarily when I am walking. But couhing, sneezing and rolling over in bed hurts a lot too. While I am sitting the pain nearly disappears. I took a Tylenol when I got home and went to bed. This morning the pain is only somwhat better, so I called my doctor, talked to the nurse who said I may have pulled a round ligament, but could I hold out until Monday? I think I can, but I am still worried. I am not having any contractions and I dont feel any pressure in my cervix like the baby is trying to come out. But the pain is bad and making it difficult to function. I would love to her that this is typical and it will heal within a few days.
    Hidden Content
    Little Lukie

dx PCOS 06/98
    Want to be pregnant again!
    CODY 3(DS) CRISTOPHER 34(DH) LUKE (DS)

>

Thanks

I remember reading about people experiencing this before, and can almost remember what it is called but I'm having one of those days where it just won't come to me. Anyway, I'm sure someone will come along and clue you in. I'm sorry it hurts so badly. If you are too miserable call the doctor back and insist on an appointment sooner than Monday. Good luck.

This Person is a Troll - Report any activity rachelatrandom's Avatar
    Thanks

My SIL is due Feb 8th and she had this a few weeks ago. Her dr said the baby was either pushing or had pushed a round ligament like you said. All they told her was to try and take it easy and take things like tylenol with in reason when neccesary. It lightened up aftre about a week I thikn. Her dr's didn't seem concerned but she was very scared and it hurt. Sorry I don't think theres much you can do if thats it But best wishes to you! and Hugs to feel better!

Rachel

Thanks

Kelsolake - I have not experienced this. But I do hope it gets better soon! I also wanted to invite you to join us on the February due daters thread. The link is below!

http://www.soulcysters.net/showthrea...hreadid=103903
    Stephanie (29) & Virgil (33) 5/27/2000

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mommy to Kiera & Dylan Blue-eyed girl's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had the same pain off and on for about a month now. I think it's called pubic symphysis and there are several people on the board experiencing the same thing. It's the pregnancy hormones loosening the ligaments in the pubic region. My pain is worse some days where it hurts to walk or roll over in bed. Other days I hardly notice it.

You are not alone that's for sure.
    Me (36) DH (36)
    1st angel baby - 1/6/2003 at 12 weeks
    Kiera Frances born 1/6/2005 - 3 years old and mommy's helper
    2nd angel baby - 11/17/2006 at 8 weeks
    Dylan Jonathan born 12/6/2007

Thanks

Default Round Ligament Pain

Oh. . . . the pain.

I had this through MOST of my PG. It went away a while after I gave birth. It is great (as mentioned above) since it means your body is loosening up preparing for the big day!

I would also yelp with pain with it, and Mom swore she had never heard of it and insisted I was nuts. The birthing class lady stared at me like I was nuts. (I was the only one in our birthing class with it) I hobbled along for weeks and couldn't turn over in bed without crying. After the birth everything slowly went back to normal, and then all I was left with was a clicking in my hips when I turned over in bed. This has gone away now, too.

I know it may feel like this is never going away, but it will. My OB suggested nice long warm baths (unless you are on a no-bath precaution from your OB) without any soap or bubble bath (risk of infection the OB nurse said). This was the only thing that helped me.

If it makes you feel any better the round ligament pain was worse for me than the pain while healing after the birth once I got home.
    DD 6 years old ~ DS 9 months old

Thanks

Round ligament pain. Sounds so clinical. I prefer to say that it feels like I've been beaten about the crotch with a baseball bat! :o Apparently it goes away. About the time the baby is finding its way out, creating new pains that eclipse the previous ones.
    Dx 2002 after a year of my own research. That research and much prayer lead to our two blessings, born in 2004 and 2007. Hidden Content

Thanks

Default You nailed it, Girl!

Originally posted by Ajani
    Round ligament pain. Sounds so clinical. I prefer to say that it feels like I've been beaten about the crotch with a baseball bat! :o Apparently it goes away. About the time the baby is finding its way out, creating new pains that eclipse the previous ones.
    Yes, Yes YES!! That is EXACTLY what it feels like!! Just could not bring myself to say it. I will continue with the Tylenol and try to rest that area, (how?) as best I can.

When the nurse suggested the she was afraid the baby was trying to come out, I felt panic.
    Thanks for letting me know I am not alone!
    Hidden Content
    Little Lukie

dx PCOS 06/98

>

Thanks

Default Symphysis pubis pain

I have a friend that has this right now too. Here's a web site with some info on it...
    http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm

Thanks

I wish I could say it goes away before the baby gets here, but it doesnt. I have had this going on for a few months now. Let me tell you, there is nothing worse than being so completely uncomfortable while laying down but not wanting to move because you know you will go through a hell of a lot more pain just to turn over. I cant even begin to describe it but it is horrible! It hurts for me when rolling over in bed, when getting out of bed, when sitting or standing (especially in and out of the car), when getting dressed, and undressed too. It hurts to sneeze, cough, laugh, and it hurts worse for me if I need to pee or poop. It is straight across my lower tummy, in my whole vaginal area, my hips and in my inner thighs. The thread Smilie gave tells a lot about the technical stuff including the name. That thread was such a relief because it was the first time I realized I was not alone in this pain.
    Cheryl- 27
    Mommy to Erica Shanice 11/22/04Hidden Content
    Married 1/99, Separated 9/04
    Mommy for furbaby Cheech

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Default WOW!

Hey thanks so much Smilie! THat is a great page you directed us to. That describes pretty much all of the pain I am experiencing. I am almost positive this is what ails me, in some degree. Mine, thank God, is not as severe as it apparantly can become. I love finding out about the wealth of information out there on the web. I never would have guessed it had a name or was so common. Makes me feel better somehow.

Thank you all so much!
    Hidden Content
    Little Lukie

dx PCOS 06/98

>

Thanks

Default Pain

Originally posted by cheryl79
    I cant even begin to describe it but it is horrible! It hurts for me . . . when getting dressed, and undressed too. .
    The most helpless I felt was trying to get into my maternity jeans without moving my legs. DH would find me almost in tears stading in the middle of the bedroom, unable to get more than one leg in them.

Thanks

Ahhhh...there's finally a name to go along with my pain. I thought I was going crazy or having some serious pregnancy complications. It even hurts to wipe the area after peeing because the outer part is just so darn tender to touch. I can't even roller over in bed without shooting pain in my butt, groin,crotch and were my old c-section scar is. I'm concerned that in a week I have to have a level 2 u/s and I can't imagine the tech pressing down. I'll shoot right off the table. When I get up in the middle of the night to pee of course, I can't even move. Of course my bladder is so full that one wrong move and I'll wet my pants. I'm not looking forward to the next 21 weeks in agony chasing after a one year old but I know in the end no pain no gain. My precious bundle of joy will make all this worth it.

Thanks for all the info and now I'm a little more relaxed about what I'm feeling. It's very hard to describe. I wouldn't even know where to begin to describe it to my ob.
    Iggy
    me (33) DH (33)
    Dx pcos 9/94
    ttc since 7/01
    Fertility treatment since 7/01
    Laproscopic and hysteroscopic surgery 2/14/02 for septate uterus and removal of polyp blocking r fallopian
    Clomid x3 no luck
    Follistim x 2 with IUI no luck
    Provera 8/02 waiting for AF
    Hoping to cycle with Follistim and IUI again this month (9/02)
    Avandia 4mg/day
    Flax seed oil 2000mg/day
    Baby Asprin 81mg/day
    Prenatal vitamins 1/day
    Just started to do BBT charting
    1st IVF canceled on 12/02
    2nd IVF began 2/24/03
    1st ER 3/7/03....14 eggs retrieved
    waiting for fertilization results