Thread: ingrown hair

aka Mommy2JL/Stacey newlywedmommy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ingrown hair

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had an ingrown hair around their nipple? I think i have one and it hurts a lot. I was able to pull it out last night and now i think that wasn't a good idea and it hurts even more. I so do no want to have to go to a dr. about this......any advice?

Thanks

Don't you just hate having hair around your boob?
    I hate tha with a passion...Until this day i don't think my boyfriend even knows i have them because i try very hard to hide them from him...makes me feel a little weird. Anyhow, what i do is i pluck everyday...this prevents them from becoming and ingrown. I get some really good tweezers and i pluck. Sometimes they do get infected and for that i use..hidrogen peroxide. Also, after i pluck i use an oil control lotion. Everytime we pluck we open a pore and oil builds up where the hair was. ..I personally think that that's the reason why they become ingrown. So the oil control lotion around that area really helps prevent them getting infected.
    Hope that made sense

aka Mommy2JL/Stacey newlywedmommy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default THANKS

Thanks for the insight. I will have to try the peroxide idea. I never thought i could get an ingrown hair there and now that i know i am terrified of removing the couple of hairs i have there but i also don't feel attractive if i have hair around my nipples even if it is a few :op

Thanks

My husband swears by this remedy for pimples and ingrown hair: damp washcloth, a little dab of boric acid. Apply that to the pimple/ingrown hair and it should flatten out. I have NO idea where you get boric acid in the US...he is from a land far away.

I have always used the hot washcloth method...these suckers are a pain. Of course if it's a sensitive area, you have to be extra careful.