Thanks

Unhappy No Period but CRAMPS!

I had my PCOS under control until 3 months ago, when I stopped getting my period. All the usual (weight gain, hair in odd places, breaking out) are coming back, and one new thing: cramps! I am having terrible cramping, I wake up once a night barely able to breathe the cramps are so bad, and my husband has to get me painkillers to stop it. During the day if I reach too high, or turn in a funny way, I get a sharp pain on my right side usually. This has never been a symptom. Sadly, my insurance doesn't start until next month, so I can't get it checked. Anyone ever had this before???

Thanks

sounds like scar tissue forming.
    When you stretch, it "pulls" so you end up with that bad pain.

All I can suggest is kegal exersises and tylanol at this point.

Once you get your insurance set up, ask to see a physical therapist that can treat "pelvic floor muscles" Not every therapist can, so make sure you ask specifically when you call for an appt.

Sorry your having so much pain.

Patty
    Endometriosis (Infertility Cause)
    Andnomyosis (Infertility/Miscarry Cause)
    Fibroid tummores(One reason for Non stop AF)
    Tubal ligation syndrome(Sister of PCOS)

Check this link out for more information!!

Hidden Content

Thanks

Why would scar tissue form, do you know? I've never had cysts removed. I've always had my period enduced by something, and the cysts would go away after a couple months. I have had 2 miscarriages... would this have anything to do with it? The last one was a year ago.

Thanks

The only cramping I get is when a cyst is bursting...it kills that's for sure! I take some pain relievers and curl up in the fetal position. Recently I have had other cramping. I was just Dx with Endometrial Hyperplasia (benign endometriosis)...it causes your uterus to swell up (bloating), cramps, nausea with or without bleeding. So...if none of these fit..I think it could be a bursting cyst or like Patty said possible scar tissue..I would go get checked out...keep us posted!
    -US NAVY FAMILY
    -10+ years of PCOS, SAHM & full time
    college student
    - Me, Laura (31)... DH, Sam (30)
    - DD's: Kassie 10 and Kateri 4
    - Not taking PCOS med's
    - Depression, anxiety, panic attacks
    - Acne, excessive hair growth, IBS
    - GERD, dark patches around groin
    - Overweight, hyperplasia,high triglycerides, elevated testosterone, no periods

Thanks

Sometimes your fallopian tube or ovary can become "twisted", but I think the only way you can find out is via an intravaginal ultrasound.

Hang in there, and I hope you get an appointment when your insurance is straightened out asap.

Hang tough.

Thanks

I had the same type of pain several years ago. It was a large dermoid cyst growing on my left ovary. It also caused lower back pain.

Thanks

Default Cramps, Cramps, Cramps

I also have cramps off and on. Sometimes they are worse or more frequent than other times. This past week or so, I have had mild cramps off and on. They don't hurt too much, but they are terribly annoying. I've also experienced pain, occasionally, if I reach up high. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it hurts. PCOS is such a joy, isn't it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've been getting cramps too, but these have been going on since last year, I've been to GP and Hospital once where they thought it was my appendix, but I've just learnt to live with them.
    "I have an existential map; It has 'You are here' written all over it."

Me - Kerry(18) DF - Matt (22)
    DX with PCOS & IR 06/04

Meds:
    Choline & Inositol
    Natural Progesterone Cream

Soon to be on:
    Glucophage SR
    Dianette

Derby University 2008.Hidden Content

Down with Ninjas! Purple_monkfish's Avatar
    Thanks

I get the stabbing pains too, sometimes I get this feeling.. not pain.. but I know if I move i'll be in all kinds of agony.. I call these "threats"
    Other times i'll be doing something and BAM, stabbing burning pain in my ovary. I think it's cysts.
    I get cramps too, rather nasty ones that only last a few minutes then fade for several hours, sometimes even days. It's infuriating.

My newest symptom is heartburn/indigestion.. oh fun fun fun.

I really don't know what to tell you other than you aren't alone! my periods seem to have gone awol too, the last one wasn't even a proper af and was 3 months late. *sigh* it's slightly depressing really.
    Anyway, as soon as your insurance starts get down to that doctor!
    Cian David St. John - Born 13:33, 27th Nov 2006. 36 weeks, 5lb 4oz
    Hidden Content

M/C 05/08/08, 25/01/09 Moved to adoption.
    Surprise BFP! Finn Samuel Louis - Born 06:33, 10th Dec 2011. 8 days overdue, 7lb 15oz
    Hidden Content

Niall Francis Alfred - Born 5:17am, 3rd April 2013. 37+4 weeks, 6lb 10oz
    Hidden Content

Thanks

My cramps have been getting gradually worse. Today has been pretty bad. I've looked up cramps with PCOS on google but the search did not pull up any actual medical sites which surprised me. I haven't had a period since January. I will, maybe, have 2 a year. It's ridiculous. Thankfully, DH and I were able to get pregnant after just 2 rounds of Clomid and now have a beautiful 7 month old daughter. Hopefully next time will be as easy!

Thanks

I had the same problem several years ago and still do sometimes. I did an ultrasound and it turns out the reason for my pain was a little fluid retained in my right ovary causing it to become slightly enlarged. My doctor said the pain would subside when my body reabsorbed the fluid and it did...eventually. Any abnormal pain should be checked out by a doctor though, since it could be something serious.

Thanks

that sounds so much like what I'm going through. Except I only got diagnosed late 2009. But i'm having pain in my right side, and since I've had a small kidney stone already I know its not that because its more forward.

I had some minor back pain one day. and I'm getting this weird cramping that comes on then goes in a couple of minutes or one that is less painful which then stops, and this is repeats itself several times over a couple of a minutes then stops completely.

All I can say since I don't know much is hang in there.

Thanks

I often get a dull ache in my left hand side of my back - I thought it was just a pulled muscle but it seems it may be something relative to PCOS - I need to see my GP in the new year so I'll bring it up with him (among the hundred other things!)
    Becca (25) Hidden Content Robert (31) - getting married Dec 2011!

DX - March 2006