Thanks

Default Progesterone cream for depression/anxiety?

Has anyone's depression and anxiety gotten better on NATURAL progesterone cream? Apparently I barely have any progesterone, so I've been using the cream for a bit now. Anyone?
    Marit
    -29 year old female, dx 2005, symptoms ~10 years
    -High testosterone, cortisol, aldosterone, androstenedione, free androgen index, no apparent insulin resistance however
    -off all hormone meds since having pulmonary embolism in August 2009
    -Main symptoms: weight gain (especially annoying in mid-section/abdomen), high androgens, very low progesterone, no periods unless on OC
    -fortunate to have very good bp, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc., no hirsutism.

Thanks

hmmmm sounds very interesting I hope you get some insight cause I am interested as well!
    DX: Sept/03 Me 31 & DH 35Hidden Content
    PCOS: Metformin 1500mgs daily(Oct/03).
    Rapid Cycling Bi-Polar Type II: Effexor 225 mgs, .5mgs clonazapam, and 900mgs Lithium daily. litebook therapy(Dec/04).
    Meniere's Disease:Hidden Content 16mgs Serc and 10-20mgs Metoclop

Thanks

Marit,

I actually mentioned this on another thread, but, no comments from anyone so far. I'm suffering from all kinds of emotional turmoil at certain times during my cycle. From what I've read, it sounds like it could be a classic case for progesterone therapy.

Also, a friend of mine had similiar issues and her doctor actually recommended it. She found it to be a great help and she was actually able to discontinue it after awhile. She is a massage therapist and a Reiki master, she lives a very "organic" lifestyle and does not like to use medication much at all, so I consider her recommendation a strong one.

I've been considering ordering at least a trial supply. Have you had any positive results so far?

thanks!
    Cari

married to Jim
    happy fur family:
    Amy, silly pointer mix rescue pup,Tessie, chihuaha mix rescue pup,
    & 3 absolutely useless felines - ,Frosty,Agatha & Petey

Thanks

I've only been on it for a couple of weeks so it's hard to tell, but I think it may be helping the anxiety a bit. It can take up to 3-6 months to work fully, I certainly hope it doesn't take that long! Since it's natural it's not supposed to cause the side effects that the synthetic progestins/progestogens do, of course if you take ANYTHING your body doesn't need, or too much of, it can cause problems I'm sure. So we'll have to keep an eye on my levels...I sure hope it works! Any sort of hormone imbalance can mess up a multitude of other things...
    Marit
    -29 year old female, dx 2005, symptoms ~10 years
    -High testosterone, cortisol, aldosterone, androstenedione, free androgen index, no apparent insulin resistance however
    -off all hormone meds since having pulmonary embolism in August 2009
    -Main symptoms: weight gain (especially annoying in mid-section/abdomen), high androgens, very low progesterone, no periods unless on OC
    -fortunate to have very good bp, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc., no hirsutism.