Thanks

Smile Herbalife & PCOS

Hello Ladies...
    Has anyone here tried the Herbalife Meal Replacement Protein shakes?
    I starter with Herbalife just before being Diagnosed with PCOS (1.5 weeks ago).bbI have read that the best kind of diet is High protein, low fat, low sugar, low carb, which Herbalife claims to be.
    Anyone tried it? Will it work to help me loose a few extra kilo's??? Desperate to loose!!!
    Carolyn & Graig
    Diagnosed Dec 2004 - PCOS & IR
    Metformin /850mg 2x daily
    Blessed via IVF

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

The herbalife works. I'm a distributor. I strayed away from it when we moved around but I'm going to get back into it asap.

Good luck!

Thanks

I've done Herbalife - both the gold and the green programs. I have to say that yes the weight came off. But it didn't stay off. I would have had to stay on shakes and all of those "tablets" for the rest of my life. Not something that I am willing to do.

There is no quick fix to PCOS and/or weight issues.

The key is constant and consistent work. Take the weight off slowly by changing your life style and the way you eat and think about food. Slow and steady wins the long term race.

Thanks

Like Bethers, I'm concerned about the liveability of herbalife. I have no doubt that Herbalife shakes and pills can help you to lose weight, but as soon as you stop and start on a normal diet again you are going to gain the weight back.

Gaining and losing weight is not easy on the body, and when you do it repetitively it can hurt your metabolism in the long run.

Are you prepared to to follow the Herbalife Program, replacing your meals with 'health shakes' for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE? Because that is the only way it could ever lead to real and lasting weightloss.

Mod of Diet and Exercise! Maddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't know anyone who has tried Herbalife but I do have a few friends who have done the Slimfast diet which is basically replacing two meals with a shake and then eating a "proper" dinner in the evening.

I have to say they lost their weight and have kept it off. They did realise that the shakes etc. were only temporary and and phased in healthy eating by reducing to only one shake when they were near goal weight etc.

Some people find it easier to stick to a stricter, shorter weight loss plan rather than spend a long time losing a little weight.

In my experience from what I have read whether you lose weight quicker on a stricter plan, or slower on a more moderate plan you still have to work as hard to keep it off

Anyone who goes straight back to eating what they shouldn't will gain weight no matter what the plan.

I think weight loss is very individual and it's as much about what suits you psychologically and your lifestyle as anything else.

Good Luck and if you try it keep us informed of your progress
    I finally have healthy ovaries free of cysts!
    Starting a personal walking challenge for charity - 300 miles in 35 days! August - September Hidden Content

have one son, two beautiful grandsons

Thanks

Thanks so much for the feedback.. It is so great to have a support group like this one!
    I think the best thing for me to do is to just follow a good Low Carb high protein diet... Any ideas about what to eat ? Any Meal plans???
    Thanks again for the help, i need it...
    Carolyn & Graig
    Diagnosed Dec 2004 - PCOS & IR
    Metformin /850mg 2x daily
    Blessed via IVF

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi ladies,

A friend of mine ditributes herbalife and mentioned the hormone balancing products that are available. Has anyone tried these? I have always suffered with very severe hair everywhere - but my biggest concern is the hair on my face and it is only getting worse. I have to shave everyday and even straight after a shave it is visible, I have spent tousands on laser and also on waxing many years ago - no luck. Has anyone tried herbalife's ormone balancing products? My friend who distributes herbalife said it had such a positive effect on her acne that she was able to stop taking the pill.

Perhaps I will take some photographs and try it for a few months and report back. My only other option is to go on the pill - that is a last resort for me.

Thank God for this baby! snfr02chic's Avatar
    Thanks

I am currently on Herbalife....it's been great so far, no complaints...I've consistently lost 3lbs a week since starting a few weeks ago...most of that being because I wasn't eating at all and so I was in starvation mode 24/7. I would eat one meal a day, so maybe 500-800 calories on average. I'm a single mom of two babies and so eating and cooking isn't high on my priority list.

The key to ANY diet is a change in lifestyle....it doesn't matter if you have WLS, weight watchers, Atkins, no carb whatever...if you only follow the diet while you are "on the diet" then of course the weight will come back on when you "return to a normal diet"

To me herbalife has been easy....it takes all the guess work out of it and it is in NO WAY closely related to slim fast nor should be in the same sentence....totally different. I'm actually full on this plan and have enjoyed it very much so! I only have to think about one meal a day which has made it very easy for a single mom!!
    Me 30
    Survivor of domestic abuse for 11 years....I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
    And I WILL raise my boys to repsect their women, starting with me!!!
    DXD August 5th, 2005

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snfr02chic For This Useful Post:

kimg726 (03-12-2014),RosieRose (04-27-2013)

Thanks

I have just started on herbalife having tried everything! My only concern is the soy content.... I know soy gets mixed reviews but living in asia everybody swears by it! Ay thoughts?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Herbalife has just become big here in the UK.
    I personally think it is unhealthy and unnessessary.
    The best way to lose weight is to eat your typical healthy food, regular meals and exercise.
    The quicker the weight comes off, the quicker it goes back on. Herbalife is NOT a long term lifestyle. Not to mention the heart attacks and high blood pressure it causes.
    Slimming World is currently taking off in the US. I swear by it. It is a healthy eating food optimising plan and a definite lifestyle change!!
    Google it.
    Diagnosed in 2009, aged 16.

2 Angel Babies.
    First I lost at 6 weeks on 25/09/12.
    Second I lost at approx 6 weeks on 26/11/12.

Currently pregnant!!

Thanks

Can honestly say i feel great on it! Not bloated, not tired feel the best i have since moving to asia 2 years ago. This was when i put weight on and i have felt horrible ever since. Here eating heathly, low carb meals is difficult and water retention is a constant problem.
    i have a sports science degree i know the limitations of this program but for me its the kick start i needed. My morning shake is far more nutritious than anything i would ever have the time to make!

At the end of the day there is no getting away from the fact that i feel so much better! The weight is coming off slowly and at a safe and healthy rate 3kgs in 3 weeks and ihave been on holiday.... Its easy to manage!

Thanks

I've also been concerned about the soy content in Herbalife. I tried it and for the most part it gave me more energy. However, I noticed after starting on the program I was spotting almost everyday. Sorry, TMI. Would anyone know if this is coincidence or maybe related to the soy content?

Thanks

I looked into doing Herbalife but after reading about PCOS I figured the soy and the high sugar content would go against my efforts in battling PCOS. There is a company called Zeal for Life that sells shakes and they only have 3g of sugar and no soy!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Megan....are you still doing Slimming World? I have been doing it since Jan and lost 1 & 1/2 stone slowly but suddenly I've been gaining every week despite sticking to the plan...have you experienced anything similar? xxx