Thanks

Default Syracuse NY area Endocrinologist

I am looking for a decent endocrinologist who is good at dealing with PCOS in the Syracuse area. I have been to the Joslin Diabetes Center and did not like them at all. I am currently seeing Dr. Myra Genjaleski but I am beginning to feel very uncomfortable with her. It seems like she has very little respect for me, and any time I go into her office without a parent it feels as if she is being rude and condescending to me. I can't talk to someone when I don't feel they are respecting me. I need to find someone else. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Default .

This probably won't really help, but I'll say it anyway. I'm in Rochester NY. I go to the endocrinology ward at Strong Hospital. Originally I went to Dr. Szoke, but he has since moved to Highland Hospital. I had the choice to follow him or stay at Strong and I decided to stay at Strong and get another Dr. Strong is part of the Univ. of Rochester, so they do a lot of research. I don't mind being a guinea pig, except in the realm of experimental medications.

I can't say that I particularly liked Dr. Szoke, or that he was particularly helpful. He explained some things about PCOS to me and other things I learned doing my own reading. He was pleasant enough, but I admit I didn't want to hear some of the things he had to say. So I don't hold that against him, or the nutritionist he sent me to.

I know it would be a long drive for you from Syr to Roch, but I think Strong offers good treatment, as far as they are cutting edge. Hopefully they would not be condescending to you. Perhaps your doc just doesn't know how to deal with younger people well.

Hope this helps in some way.
    Rachel

Originally from upstate NY in Southeastern Manitoba, Canada
    Thanks

I live in Binghamton and work for a health insurance company. We refer a lot of people to Dr. Kiltz for infertility. Not sure what a lot of the diagnoses are for the ladies as when they come in from him, they just state, "infertility." However, he is a repo endo and I was even told that I may want to consider seeing him.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default my endocrinologist goes to hamilton

he is wonderful with pcos. His name is Joseph Hughes. He's bassett healthcare affiliated. Private message me for more details.

take care
    Teri (39) & ds brandon 14 yr & twins Michael and Matthew born 2-22-06 Hidden Content Angels :march + July 12, 2002
    Chronic back pain, RSD, reflux, diabetes II, pcos,
    lap band September 16, 2008, RNY 1-11-11 [url]Hidden Content http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wVGrMyT/s-weight.png"

Thanks

I saw Dr. Fish in Watertown, NY which is an hour north of Syracuse. I really liked her.
    Symptoms: Obesity, Hirsutism, Hair Loss, Irregular Menstruation, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Acanthosis Nigricans

Daily Medications/Vitamins: 500 mg Flutamide, 137 mcg Synthroid, 1000 mg Metformin, Apri (BCPs),
    40 mg Omaprezole, 300 mg Ranitidine, .5 mg Enapril, Zyrtec, Women's Ultramega Multivitamin

Weight Stats: Original: 230, Current: 209, Short/Long Term Goals: 200/130
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I saw Dr. Robert Kiltz at CNY Fertility Center in Syracuse. He and his staff are nice people. I'm not sure but I think he only treats women who are trying to conceive, which is why I went to him, and that's how I found out that PCOS was my problem, and he did help me conceive. PM me if you want any more details.

Kira

Your will not mine Lord! HISIRISHGEM's Avatar
    Thanks

Dr. Maher In Auburn NY is Excellent! He DX'd me in 2000 He's older but he knows His stuff!
    ~Rebekah~

38 y/o DH Doug: 38 y/o
    ~Mommy to my angel baby, Jackson Jeffery born at 22wks gestation on October 22, 2009~Hidden Content
    ~Mommy to Amelia Gabrielle 9/2011 after 10 yrs of trying. Achieved with injectables then 17P injections and a cerclage stitch to keep her in there due to an incompetent cervix.
    *ttc again for a 2nd full term healthy baby in March 2013.
    *Waiting to adopt too!Hidden Content