Thanks

Default Eyebrow hair growing in different directions

Does anybody have eyebrow hair that grows in different directions? Does anyone also find that their eyebrows don't grow towards the end of the arch?? I don't know if this because of an excess of androgen in the blood or what??? Can anyone shed any light????
    dx 1994
    Metformin 1500mg
    Aldactone 100mg
    Diane 35ED
    Magnesium 140mg
    Vitex 5ml
    Chromium 50mg

Loves to travel cyster! Lovey048's Avatar
    Thanks

Oooh, I think I know what you're talking about! On my left eyebrow, the hairs closest to my nose stick straight up while the other ones point outwards. It's just on my left eyebrow too. I have a waxist tell me that she thought it was cool, but it kinda bugs me. Such is life, I guess!
    DBF - Dan
    Fur babies - 7 cats, 2 ferrets, and fish
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

My left eyebrow does that same sticky-uppy thing. From the research I have been doing about hypothyroidism, the problem you mention at the ends of your eyebrows can be a symptom.

Loves to travel cyster! Lovey048's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually do have hypothyroidism... That's really interesting, Vanessa. I had no clue about that. I guess you learn something new everyday
    DBF - Dan
    Fur babies - 7 cats, 2 ferrets, and fish
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

dreaming of vampires... missysu74's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face

Wow, kmc, I actually thought you'd seen my pic and were decribing MY eyebrows! lol! Then I realized that I'd changed my avatar! Seriously, my eyebrows grow like yours with one horrible exception.............bushiness................... .. if I don't trim them regularly, they'll look like caterpillars! (just like dear ol' grandpa...)
    Sometimes I have to fill in the end of myleft eyebrow or it'll look like I got too happy with the tweezers!

Thanks

Mine does the same thing, but I have never been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I may be asking my doctor though next time I am there.
    I always hated the uneven eyebrows. The one always looked great, then the other one looked like it was waving to people!!

Hypochondriacs Anonymous chikilala's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy moley, isn't that the weirdest thing? Yesterday I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time since they started growing back. I have hypothyroidism and they had sorta vanished at the ends. But now that they've grown back I look like a really cute, uh, Albert Einstein. Ewwww. Anyway, after I got them trimmed yesterday, this morning I noticed how nice and sleek one looked, but the right one looked like it had a party last night and didn't invite me... I would be really interested to hear what a doctor has to say about that!!!

Thanks

My right eyebrow is the one that sticks up & it bugs me so much! Every time I tweeze it always looks like I made a mistake...never thought about filling it in though, I always just leave it & no one ever says anything to me b/c they either don't notice, it looks really funny & they're embarrassed, or they just think I was sleeping when I tweezed!

I'm happy to know it's not just me...don't think I have thyroid issues...

Traci

Married 7 years to my wonderful husband!Hidden Content
    1 DD (B: 9/06; A: 8/07)Hidden Content
    2 fur kitties-10
    9 angels (4 losses 2003-2004) RPL testing "normal" No cause found-'05 & '09. 5th loss 2010 (now 11 angels)Hidden Content

Failed Gonal-F AND Soy cycle Sept 09
    IVF Long Lupron Protocal June/July 2010--ectopic or m/c
    D&C & Lap 8/13/10
    9/2: still in limbo....beta level @ 2000s, nothing found on u/s
    2550mg Met--stopped due to high liver function
    100mcg Levothroxine
    Prenatal--stopped
    Baby ASA--stopped

Thanks

Just in case I have confused anybody, it is the thinning at the outer ends of the brows that is a symptom of hypothyroidism, not the sticky uppy thing.

Thanks

Naughty eyebrows can sometimes be trained. If you can, get your hands on some clear mascara. I think Maybelline makes some. You can use that to shape your brows and if you do it a lot, they should eventually be a bit tamer. HTH!

Thanks

Talking Like we don't have enough issues!

My eyebrows are thick, wiry and bushy. I have to trim them. And I overplucked the outer edges for years, so now they won't grow back right. I'm currently not doing anything to them, just to see what happens (but if a small child runs away from the caterpillars on my face, I'm pulling out the tweezers immediately!).

So how come we end up with hair where we don't want it, but not where we need it?
    Dominici was born May 2006!
    Hidden Content

Miracle Baby Boy Rivelino, born too early to live on October 6, 2004 at 24 weeks and 6 days. Never to be forgotten, always to be remembered, forever my source of inspiration.