Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Hypochondriacs Anonymous chikilala's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb brown patches of skin under breasts/idea

Right before I got dark patches of skin under my breasts (and stop right here if you do not like TMI) I was getting really sweaty (hot flashes) and my breasts would have a sweetish smell. Anyway, I thought about it, and I looked up rashes on the internet. I'm wondering if the dark patches under my arms and under my breasts might be from yeast/candidia - and maybe is related to IR??? or having too much sugar in one's body....anyway as an experiment, I tried using some clormitazole (sp??) the cream you use for athlete's foot/jock itch...under my breast area and under my arms (3 days now), and it seems to be helping a little. So, not sure if this will be helpful to anyone, but what's there to lose???

Most of the time Upstate NY, sometimes Brooklyn.
    Thanks

Self medical experiments are the best, they run along the same along line as self surgery! What you seem to be describing is Acanthosis nigricans. It is a very common thing with us cysters. It happens to be extra insulin depositing on the skin. It seems that weight loss and getting the IR under control helps, but if that cream helps...go right ahead..lol. GL with it!

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologi...s_nigrica.html
    "I consider myself a good judge of people. That's why I don't like none of em." - Roseanne

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Dance and celebrate YOU! Adoption Momma's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wanted to add, I don't have this under my breasts, but on my inner/upper thighs. I believe it's IR/PCOS related.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'm gonna stop looking back and starting moving on
    And learn how to face my fears
    Love with all of my heart, make my mark
    I wanna leave something here
    Go out on a ledge, without any net
    That's what I'm gonna be about
    Yeah, I wanna be running
    When the sand runs out
    - Rascall Flatts "When the Sand Runs Out"

Hypochondriacs Anonymous chikilala's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL I know some of the patches are from IR, but I know used to get very sweaty and think I got some kinda yeasty um diaper rash thingy......on top of the patchy spots.

Thanks

Exclamation

I also have a rough dark patch between my breasts and darkness on my inner thighs, groin, bikini area....vaginal/anal areas, underarms,under eyes,knuckles (hands/feet),knees, back of neck.....hmmmm you name it basicly. Also have a very strong sweetish smell coming from between and beneath my breasts. Also have a strong smell which comes from my vaginal/anal area.....the skin I think as I just can't figure out any cause.

I have gone to my gyno and gotten checked up for pcos and other things and came out neg for the pcos and bacterial infections. I have also gone to a hormone doctor and came out normal to that too. I shower daily and use antibacterial soup, sometimes organic too and also keep the areas dry and use sufficient amount of summers eve sensitive skin powder on the areas, which helps alot but just not enough.

I know I have acanthosis nigricans and it could be due to being overweight. But I just don't understand the strange smell....its sweet, and if it were mild might even be kind of nice(honey like), but its so strong that it is certain to raise questions when I let my fiance indulge (if you know what I mean). I understand the wetness too, my breasts are big so perspiration is the norm....but it doesnt smell like sweat EVER!

The strong smell and constant moisture in my vaginal/anal area is very disturbing. I've gotten it all checked up by my gyno but all she did was stick some cotton swab like things in me, do some ultrasound things, feel around A LOT!!! and tell me I'm all good.

I need some answers badly......I just dont know what to do or where to go anymore. Everyone thinks it's not so big a deal as I'm making it.........but just think about it, this kind of stuff is near impossible to live with and don't even get me started on the intimacy factor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mumtazg38 View Post
    I also have a rough dark patch between my breasts and darkness on my inner thighs, groin, bikini area....vaginal/anal areas, underarms,under eyes,knuckles (hands/feet),knees, back of neck.....hmmmm you name it basicly. Also have a very strong sweetish smell coming from between and beneath my breasts. Also have a strong smell which comes from my vaginal/anal area.....the skin I think as I just can't figure out any cause.

I have gone to my gyno and gotten checked up for pcos and other things and came out neg for the pcos and bacterial infections. I have also gone to a hormone doctor and came out normal to that too. I shower daily and use antibacterial soup, sometimes organic too and also keep the areas dry and use sufficient amount of summers eve sensitive skin powder on the areas, which helps alot but just not enough.

I know I have acanthosis nigricans and it could be due to being overweight. But I just don't understand the strange smell....its sweet, and if it were mild might even be kind of nice(honey like), but its so strong that it is certain to raise questions when I let my fiance indulge (if you know what I mean). I understand the wetness too, my breasts are big so perspiration is the norm....but it doesnt smell like sweat EVER!

The strong smell and constant moisture in my vaginal/anal area is very disturbing. I've gotten it all checked up by my gyno but all she did was stick some cotton swab like things in me, do some ultrasound things, feel around A LOT!!! and tell me I'm all good.

I need some answers badly......I just dont know what to do or where to go anymore. Everyone thinks it's not so big a deal as I'm making it.........but just think about it, this kind of stuff is near impossible to live with and don't even get me started on the intimacy factor.

I have everything you mentioned there. I am SO glad I'm not the only one! I'm so self conscious over that. And add being extremely obsese to that. Ugh.

Thanks

I think I have what you'e describing too. I have patches underneath my breasts near the center of my chest, but when I reasearched AN, I notice it really doesn't look like that. It's a bit more reddish and not so much brown. I think mine might be something closer to a yeast infection, because i know it gets worse in the summer and when I'm really controlling my sugar intake, it goes away.

I understand the smell. It was baaaad last summer, one day - I came home smelling like red wine vinegar. It's a little disturbing! I couldn't shower quickly enough.

Thanks

I have the same issue with the breast, groin, and my waist. My waist is the worst because my pants rub and the skins just flakes away.

My gynecologist recommended gynelotrimin. I'm not exactly sure what it will do though...

Mommy of My One & Only elocinintherain's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem. One summer, it was like the world's worst diaper rash right along my bra line... I couldn't do anything but lay on my back under a fan and use a big plastic spoon to smear excema cream all along my sides, armpits and breast.
    I also have that "sweetish" smell thing going on.
    One good thing though... I'm on 2000mg of metformin and 50mcg of synthroid, and yesterday when shaving "down there", I noticed that the mons and lips and inner thighs were MUCH lighter!

Summer here I come! heartincart's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm darker in the groin area, a little on just top of thighs near that area... boyfriend thought it was a birthmark

Thanks

Well I have it around my breast, under my arms in the arm pit area, on my back and around my neck and in the elbow area on my arms, i noticed it gets lighter when I dont eat that much sugary stuff, but my neck itches totally bad when its wet like after i get out of the shower or pool. I asked my dr about it and he said it was cause of the IR stuff. But he also said that its my weight too. has anyone ever gotten any lotions or anything to put on it? When i was younger my mom took me to a skin dr. and he gave me some lotion to put on it and it helped it from itching but if i put regular lotion on my neck it kinda burns.
    Last edited by shannapayne; 02-28-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks

WOW.....I thought I was the only one with such an abundance of "issues". My god this is such a surprise to me...I think I'm going to cry. You know what.....I'm going back to my doctor and INSISTING (by insisting I do mean kicking and screaming untill I get what I want...always worked at my parents house !) that I get my insulin levels checked once more.....also, back to my gyno for another PCOS test. It's just, you guys all described the same thing as me and it's all because of IR and the sorts.....it just gets me thinking you know.

THANX SO MUCH EVERYONE.......I feel so relieved! YAYYYY....Im not alone

Thanks

oh yea, i've been to 3 different doctors and they all say the same thing. the doctor here where i live wouldn't never actually spend time with me, she always sent the nurse in to do everything so i switched to a special in texas which was 2 hours away and i didn't like him, he was just to pushy about my weight and stuff and i know weight is a big deal with pcos but when a doctor tells me he won't treat me unless i lose 100 pounds just isn't to much wanting to help me get better. so i finally found dr. hansen in oklahoma city which is 2 hours away but he is so great! he always checks my levels and he always calls me personally and tells me my results and doesn't have the nurse call at all. so you might want to get a second opinion from another dr.
    Add me
    ~~~~~~~~~~

DH - Mark 32
    Me 26
    Hidden Content Married on April 26, 2002 Hidden Content

Summer here I come! heartincart's Avatar
    Thanks

Same thing, as the skin tags thread... what causes it to be in certain areas?

Thanks

i dont know why its in certain areas, but it started on the side of my neck when i was 13 and now i'm fixing to be 25 next month and i've got it 5 different places.
    Add me
    ~~~~~~~~~~

DH - Mark 32
    Me 26
    Hidden Content Married on April 26, 2002 Hidden Content