Thanks

Unhappy Anyone have "mustache" shadow?

I have pretty severe shadow on my upper lip that makes me very very self conscious. I do apply concealer and have become quite a pro with the make up to hide the shadow. I shave daily every morning.

Does anyone also have a problem with shadow? How do you deal with it? I could deal with just the hair alone, but when the shadow starting getting worse, it just changed me. I hate that I can't go out without make up. If it's early morning and I haven't put on my face, and gosh forbid the doorbell rings.... this is torture! I pretend I'm not home. One time my husband's cousin stopped by unexpectedly and I about died!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her that I was about to get in the shower and was in a towel, so I unlocked the door and told her to make herself at home while I ran back to my room to "prepare" my face. I absolutely hate what it's come down to.

I am really interested in laser treatment but would like to know if anyone with severe shadow had laser and how well it solved the problem. Please help!
    Last edited by lilac; 04-07-2005 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks

some meds can help with the hair, i had laser done a few years ago, and i still have hair, i shave mustache and under chin every day, but i really think it is better than it was....i also keep a razor and some moisturizer in my glove compartment in case i think i need it during the day...good luck...Lisa

laser has evolved since i had mine, also the color of your hair can make a difference..

Thanks

lisadukk
    Thanks for your advise. The lady I spoke to regarding my laser tx did mention that with PCOS it was likely that the hair may keep growing back. I am still interested in having it done even if it can deplete the majority of the hair I have now.

Do you have a problem with shadow as well?

Thanks

i dont know how much of a mustache shadow i have, but i seem to notice the chin getting heavier during the day, might also be because i have been looking for it(ya know what i mean??) also depends on how much it costs and if insurance will help...some people have been fortunate to have some help insurance wise...hope i answered your question...
    good luck...Lisa

Thanks

From what I've read the reason the hair will grow back is b/c you don't have your hormones under control. So as long as they're out of whack b/c you're not on medication or not on a high enough dose or it hasn't started working yet any money spent on laser therapy is wasted money.

I started laser two weeks ago for the first time. I can tell a huge difference as far as the shadow goes.