Thanks

Default treating PCOS with aromatherapy and essential oils...

i'm reading a book about aromatherapy (which i have little or no experience withyet) and i found some interesting information regarding a treatment with essential oils. thought you all might like it. i don't know if this works as i haven't tried it yet because i can't find a retailer for pure essential oils in my area.

polycystic ovarian disease synergistic blend (EO= essential oil)

10 drops of clary-sage EO
    10 drops of fennel EO
    7 drops of geranium EO
    3 drops of rose EO
    add these amounts to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and gently rub over the abdomen once a day...or..

make the synergistic blend using these proportions and use 6 drops to a bath, and make an oil using 5 drops synergistic blend to 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.

(note: these are not to be used in lieu of treatment by a doctor)
    dx PCOS 3/03 & Metabolic Syndrome 2/05
    I have every classic symptom of both diseases.

current meds: 300mg cardizem CD & 25mg HCTZ for HBP, multivitamin, 2500mcg b12, 2000mg metformin

Hidden Content 6/17/05 - when I write down what goes in my mouth, I am in control & I don't make bad choices! Hidden Content Hidden Content

Finally I get to keep one Phoenix Rising ^^^'s Avatar
    Thanks

That sounds interesting! What's the name of the book you're reading?
    BTW, I was looking at your signature, the describes me almost to a T. Minus the hair loss and AG. What are you doing to help with weight loss?

Gina
    Gina
    Mommy to a beautiful baby girl Victoria Elyse and 1 pampered furbaby kitty Lacey
    Check my album for current pictures

Hidden Content

Mom to 6 angel babies and 1furry angel baby

"My heart is broken, but not my spirit. My desire to be a Mother is greater than my fear of another miscarriage." Gina M.

Thanks

Interesting.... What is the book title? I'd be interested in giving it a read myself.

D

Hidden Content My exercise passion is Pilates...

Hidden Content

Shop for Hidden Content with me...

Thanks

thanks...the book is called The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood. It's pretty interesting and covers everything from atheletes feet to cabbage soup.

what haven't I tried to lose weight...LOL i'm eating 1200 calories or less (all good things, nothing fried and nothing soaked in fat for my cholesterol issues) and i eat a minimum of every 3 hours...i can't let myself get hungry because then i overindulge myself and that's ugly. i try to keep carbs at 100 per day or less, but that doesn't always work and i try to keep fat under 40. i don't kick myself if i screw up and if i do screw up, i allow myself the screw up and go back to what i was doing. that was an important step for me. i heard someone say "when you know better, you do better" and i try to remember that all the time.

thanks for asking!
    dx PCOS 3/03 & Metabolic Syndrome 2/05
    I have every classic symptom of both diseases.

current meds: 300mg cardizem CD & 25mg HCTZ for HBP, multivitamin, 2500mcg b12, 2000mg metformin

Hidden Content 6/17/05 - when I write down what goes in my mouth, I am in control & I don't make bad choices! Hidden Content Hidden Content