Thanks

Default White, scaly patches on elbows

This is more than just dry skin, it has a rough texture.

Is this a sign of PCOS?

Suze
    Hidden Content
    60lbs by Halloween!!! Hidden Content

Thanks

Its not neccessarily a sign of PCOS,usually the dry skin patches associated with PCOS are dark brownish color,and happen around the neck,under arms and other places.
    People can have dry scaly elbows and not have PCOS.Since the symptoms of PCOS can mimic so many other problems its important to get it ruled out by an MD.

U can try exfoiliating the dead skin followed by some good lotion,like miracle lotion.

Good luck!

Thanks

I don't think so in particular, lots of people get dry elbows from leaning on them! Or could it be excema? Or even psoriasis? (eg http://www.psoriasisfishcure.com/virtualtour/psoriasis_pictures/psoriasis_plaque.jpg )

If it's irritating you, get a Dr or dermatologist to check it out.

Best wishes!
    Alex

Thanks

Well, the reason I thought it might be PCOS or IR is b/c they've been really hideous for the past year or so... but then I've been on a low-calorie, low-sugar diet for the past 6 weeks and my white scales have almost disappeared. One elbow is now soft and completely normal again and the other one is only slightly white and has no rough texture (just looks slightly ashy).

I was thinking maybe there was some kind of connection with the sugar/IR/PCOS. I haven't changed soaps and haven't been lotion-ing them (which never helped at all anyway). I mean it's just a huge change. Before they looked like the frosted side of a frosted mini-wheat (no exaggeration) and now they are as soft as the inside of my arm.

Weird!!!!!

Thanks for your replies ladies!
    Suze
    Hidden Content
    60lbs by Halloween!!! Hidden Content