Thanks

Question anyone try strivectin-sd for acne scars?

it's supposed to be great at getting rid of stretch marks (i didn't get those, thank goodness) and now it's being touted as better than botox for wrinkles. i'm curious if it will help clear up the horrid scars on my jawline. i bought some on ebay for the face (a little cheaper) but it says not to use if pg or breastfeeding. so i'm going to wait until i start weaning to using it but curious if anyone else has tried it.
    DH 40/ME 41 - diax w/PCOS summer 2003
    DD - Molly 9/14/04 - IVF#1 baby
    DD - Genevieve 2/12/07 - FET#2 baby
    numerous failed cycles and
    8 Hidden Content in heaven
    DS - Clark 12/7/09
    surprise BFP while waiting for 4th and last IVF cycle

Thanks

I have some!!!

My Mom bought me some because she thought it might help with acne scars. Truthfully, I haven't been using it as often as it recommends. I think it says 2-3 times daily on the tube. I use it about 2-3 times a week in combination with my Youthful Essence home microderm abrasion kit and I am seeing a difference! I also started Yasmin 3-4 months ago so that may be playing a roll in keeping new acne away. My scarring is starting to lessen... not sure which factor is causing it but I will keep doing my youthful essence and stri-vectin routine!!!

Anyone else try it?

Anyone try it for stretch marks?
    Shelly (34) DH, Jeremy (32)
    DS Logan James ~ 12-16-03 ~ 6lb.9oz.
    DD Chloe Janene ~ 8-29-06 ~ 7lb. 3oz.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

i can't wait to try it. but it says not for use by pg or nursing women and i'm still nursing dd. the pamphlet in the box says it helps acne scars so i'm excited to try it. it does say 2-3 times a day to apply which seems excessive. i plan on using it in the am and pm.
    DS - Clark 12/7/09

Thanks

I wish you the best of luck... like I said, I am definitely noticing a difference, but am not sure to attribute it to the Stri-vectin, microderm abrasion (Youthful essence) or Yasmin. You can buy the microderm abrasion kits by Neutragina at WalMart too... don't know if you want to try that in combination or not.

I put on the strivectin after I do that so my pores are nice and open and receptive to it.

Let us know if it works!!!

Hidden Content

Thanks

i'll have to try the abrasion kits. i used to have one that i got at Sephora that was a bit expensive but it worked well with my skin. i'm still holding off on the strivectin b/c i'm still BF and it says not too. who knows if it really goes into breast milk, but just in case, i'll wait. thanks for the suggestion!
    DS - Clark 12/7/09

Thanks

The more I use the combo of the two the happier I am... I really do believe that I have found something that works for me. Congrats on the bf going so well! Hope to see you on the Mommy board more!!! =)

Hidden Content

Thanks

Default Already a big difference ! ! ! !

Hi All,
    I just wanted to post to say that I started using the Stri-Vectin (spelling) on Thursday of last week, and I swear, if it continues to work as it has for the last 5 days, I will write to them and ask if I can promte their products (ha ha**joke). Anyway, seriously I have seen an unbelievable difference in just a few days, however, it states clearly on the bottle, dont qoute me on this, but basically that if you do not intend on using as directed 2-3 times per day, dont even bother, I was like wow....lol. But I have been using twice a day, and I already see a major difference, and I have been using more then the recommended dose (sqeeze the size of a quarter into palm), sorry I am trying to get rid of ALOT of stretch marks, it also seems to be also working on my acne scaring. Just a little FYI. I should have taken before pics, and after - maybe ill do it today.
    Nichole

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Nichole!
    Since reading your post, I have been using it more frequently (twice a day), and I do think it seems to be helping even more!!! It may just be my hopeful imagination, but I do think my scarring is getting less visible!!!

Hidden Content

Thanks

Where do you get that stuff from? I have some seriously awful acne scars. I would love to make them look better!
    paisleystarHidden Content

Me-33 DH-36 DS-13.5 DS-12 DD-10
    DX: Endometriosis 6/13/05
    DX:PCOS 2/13/06
    DX: Insulin Resistance 2/13/06
    DX: Hypoglycemia 2/13/06

Metformin ER 2000mg

Thanks

Default RE: Shelly/Paisley

Shelly,

At first I was very very skeptical, but decided hey, what the heck, I spend that much buying the meridia or whatever that other scar stuff is 20$ about 6 times around and it did absolutely nothing. I got lazy and have been putting it on once a day, and I have noticed it IS NOT working as well as 2-3 times, so I will deff start back 2-3 times. I see a huge difference though, at first I thought it could be me being hopeful, but I showed my mom before I started and then about 3 weeks later, and she was amazed so I know it is working. I also noticed that if you rub it well, like massage for a few mintues, it penetrates alot better, and also that if you can afford it, apply a generous amount, I noticed that helps to. Good luck ! ! ! !

Paisley,

I get mine online, I do a search to find it the cheapest. It is usually about $135 a bottle, but I found it for 94.50 with free shipping. I can find the site if you need it, let me know. And also, as far as the acne scars, I use it on those too, but for some odd reason, it seems to be taking longer for those to lighten, though I do see difference in their color, and they are lightening, I wish wish it was at a faster pace.....lol - Let me stop pushing my luck!!! As long as it is working. Good luck!!!

Nichole