Thanks

Exclamation Itchy Underarms/Nipples?

I do know that the dark patches on the back of my neck and in my armpits are from my IR.

My question is WHY WHY WHY do my armpits itch so much? My neck has NEVER itched. But my armpits itch almost constantly. Sometimes it is so bad that I'l itch them raw. Yes, bad, horrible, painful, all that, but sometimes it seems like a great alternative to being itchy. I dont itch them on purpose it just happens, and it is PAINFUL. I've tried the OTC creams with the anti-itch stuff in them but they dont work. Does anyone else have this problem? It's horrible, because it feels sooooo good to itch them, like in the shower, but it's hard to say "STOP" (gosh I sound like my itching is a drug!) and stop itching them.

THEN NEXT... my nipples. I started taking met/provera on 3/2, stopped the provera got AF, just before that though my nipples started itching BAD. I tried the anti-itch cream with that too and it didn't work, or it would for a minute then they'd itch again. It's come and gone, didn't matter whether I was on the clomid or now again the provera, it just comes and goes... can anything make it stop? What do you do? It's driving me nuts! Have you ever tried to itch a nipple? Seriously?!?! IT'S HARD TO DO!

HELP! Please!
    Tammy
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    "The true measure of a life and love is not how long the flame burns here on Earth, it's how strong it burns in the heart.
    - Tammy Doern~Christopher Allen Doern~ Born July 4, 2009 @22 weeks to incompetent cervix.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Arrow Itchy itchy

Hee hee. My underarms and nips itch, but it only started when I got preggers. I don't know. I just kind of suffer with it. Thought I'd at least commiserate!

Hope someone has an answer.

Liz
    Liz - wife, mother of three, dachshund caretaker

Thanks

I have had problems with my underarms, but I think it was because of the deoderant I used. I changed and it helped (especially after shaving!!) Maybe you need to try something a little more gentle like Dove or something.

Also, I know what you mean about itching being like a drug. I itch my legs raw ALL the time. When you are scratching, it feels soooooo goooood, but then you stop and the itching comes back and it hurts because you are raw. The skin on my legs is really dry. That's another reason I suggest Dove because if it is caused by dry skin, then Dove has moisturizers in it.

Oh, yea - I get dry skin on my nipples, too. I just lotion them up. Not with anything anti-itch, but just regular moisturizer.
    Sounds alot like me - do you moisturize at all? You might just have dry skin!

HTH!

Thanks

I have incredibly dry skin, always have... moving to arizona where there is next to no moisture in the air doesn't help. I never thought of moisturizing my armpits but will try. I've been using secret since I was about 13 because everything else made me break out in rashes... but I guess 11 years later I can play around. I had been thinking about the dove stuff they keep advertising on TV about how it will give you under arms in stead of arm pits or something like that.... Still looking for any information, because none of this started until I started the meds??? go figure. I'm also making sure to drink TONS of water now. I found out I'd been really dehydrated when I went to get my blood test for pregger at the gyn. She couldn't get the vein, and did a dehydration test something where you lay down they take your blood pressure and then you stand up or something like that, and she said my skin wasn't bouncy like it should be, so more water! LOL

Thanks for all the imput!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    "The true measure of a life and love is not how long the flame burns here on Earth, it's how strong it burns in the heart.
    - Tammy Doern~Christopher Allen Doern~ Born July 4, 2009 @22 weeks to incompetent cervix.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Ooh, I know that! I get underarm/nip itch too - and around my ankles and tops of feet. I'll scratch until I bleed sometimes.

I HAVE found that aloe vera gel, kept in the fridge, does help. Particularly at night when I'm trying to sleep. It just seems to ease it up enough for me to forget it.

Hope this helps
    K