Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Registered User hopefullypregnantsoon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Question bumps in between legs(inner thighs)

i was just dx with pcos and i was just wondering if those uncomfortible bumps in between your legs are a part of pcos.i get them all the time.they are more like bouls,they get so big and then they pop,nothing but pus and blood leak out.boy are they painful.does anyone else have this problem?if so what can you do to help it or releave the pain a little bit?please help.

hopefullypregnantsoon

Thanks

I really dont no if they are a part of pcos or not but i get them all the time to. hopefully someone on here will have more info then I do . I would also like to no if there is anything that would ease the pain.

Thanks

Sounds like Hidradenitis Suppurativa. You can find it on google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Hidradenitis+Suppurativa&btnG=Search
    Meds: Glucophage 1000 mg 2 x a day. Byetta 5 mcg 2 x a day, Chromium 500 mg 2 x a day,

Heathly & Happy MiWolverineMommie's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey I have that too. I will check out that web site given by NickOfTime
    Karen
    Karen (34) Dh (34)
    m/c June 2007

(DD) Tiana 11-15-2004
    (DD) Kasandra 5-2-2008

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Thank god you said you have it too. I didn't want to post because I thought I was a freak.

I get these every so often and they hurt. I don't know anything about them but they suck
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Amanda (27) mom to Cooper (born April 2006) Dx: May 2005 after many months of trying and not getting any results. 1st round of clomid:50mg no ovulation, second round: 100mg BFP....my sweet baby boy

Thanks

I get them, too. Youch!! I have started using Dial antibacterial soap (the gold hand liquid wash) every day, and I havn't had a new one in 3 weeks. It seems to be working well for me. Good luck!

Met XR 1500 PCOS, Atenolol 75mg PVCs and HTN,Celexa 40mg Anxiety, Multi prenatal vit.,B12 sublingual1500mcg

"Keep your face to the sunshine and
    you will not see the shadows". - Helen Keller

Thanks

Default Just a lil info

Hey guys,
    I seen a post about this about a week ago. I do believe that in one way or another the boils/cysts/pimples in between the legs does have something to do with PCOS, I also get them under my arms (how gross I know)........ I am going to talk to my doctor about them again, see if he knows anything. However, I have done ALOT of research on how to get rid of them/prevent them/alleviate the pain, and have not come up with much info, so I will share with you what I know out of experience. Clean the affected area at least twice a day with an antiseptic soap-antibacterial. (the boils are a bacterial infection from what i have read) There are a few out there.... I just started using Betadine, and hibclens (spelling?) I have been alternating them. They are a little costly, and what I can tell you so far is that I have not had any more breakouts, still have the ones I had when starting tho (its only been a week). Make sure to dry well after shower. Try not to wear underwear and if you do wear cotton boy shorts (advice per the ladies here) I bought a few pairs, and it has been helping, hence no rubbing of the inner thighs. Most importantly what has worked for me is when they are big and fileld and painful - try hydrocortizone, I dont know why but it helps the swelling and the pain, I have also heard that preperation H cream and Desitin (rash cream for babies) both works also. Importantly, use neosporin or something of that sort after they drain, I never realized thats how mine spread. So now, if they are in spots that I can use a bandaid with neosporin, or hydrocortizone, I do. As far as scarring, even after mine go away, it leaves nasty blueish redish marks (soooooooo gross) I started using stri-vectin (spelling?) last week, and I see a huge improvement. (expensive) They have lightenend significantly, and I am hoping that after a month of use that they will vitually be gone (fingers crossed). I think thats about all I know, if I think of anything else i'll let you know. Hope that was somewhat helpful.
    Nichole

Thanks

From what I have read, about 30% of PCOS'ers have this. It is called Hidradenitis Supprativa. I first found out about it in Dr. Samuel Thatcher's book PCOS: The Hidden Epidemic - though he did not say much that was helpful about it other than giving a name to it.

www.hs-usa.org is one of the major sites that I have found for information. They have a forum board there that is helpful, but not very active. The Yahoo groups for HS are very avtive and they also have a group for natural alternatives on how to deal with HS.

I hope you feel better. I know how painful these things are. For me this is probably one of the most upsetting things about PCOS because I have to deal with it so much.
    Child Free Cyster.

Create the highest, grandest vision for your life, because you become what you believe! - Oprah Winfrey

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - A Friendly, Open Board for ALL Cysters.

Thanks

Wink ouch!

i get these too. now that i think of it, i honestly haven't had any in while. watch me wake up with one tomorrow....grrr! i've never had any on my armpits, but i've had them on my inner thighs, panty line area, and around my belt line, but i thought it was just irritation from my jeans....don't know much about them except they hurt like hell!

Thanks

I have them but mostly in my armpits, I have tried everything and they still get so bad that I end up with a armpit swollen to the size of a baseball. The last time this happened I went to a surgeon who lanced them but the anesthia didn't work so talk about painful, I screamed through every cut. From what my doctor and the surgeon told me is that the bacteria was breaking down my tissue and causing tunnels so deep that the infection is way down under my skin where the over the counter stuff wasn't reaching. So every now and then I end up having to get a script for antibiotics or have them lanced. I get them on my thighs too but not as bad, and since I have been back on met for 2 months I don't seem to be breaking out as much. But yes I agree YUCK!!!
    ME:32 DH 39
    DSD:19 DSS:15

Diagnosed PCOS in 2005

Finally seeing an RE
    Metformin 1500mg, Synthroid 100mcg
    Going to start Femara after hysteroscopy.

Thanks

Girls!

Some years ago I had these REALLY bad. I had one so big under my arm that they got a LITRE of fluid out of it when I went to the hospital in agony, and I had to have it pack dressed for a fortnight afterwards, which was excruciating.

Anyway doctors just kept giving me anti-biotics that would clear up the "active" one, and then they'd come back when I'd finished the course of meds.

I got really fed up with it and tried a new doctor I had heard was good, and he told me that they are highly infective - and once you have one, you'll likely keep getting them because the "bug" gets in your bedding, towels, clothes etc.

He told me to go home and was EVERYTHING I owned in EXTREMELY hot water with a disinfectant like canesten wash or even dettol in the water. I did so - and they went away for good!! He did tell me that they were likely to come back, but if they did, just go through the whole hot disinfectant wash again and that should get them gone for awhile again.

I still get smallish "spots" (like big pimples) but I just chuck a little canesten wash into my laundry and they go.

Also, he told me not to burst them myself. I was to put hot compresses on them to bring them up to a head, and come in to him, and he'd lance them for me and fill the wound with a very strong antiseptic to kill the bug. And for the couple I had come up while I was still washing all the stuff, I did that and they cleared up much quicker, less painfully and with almost no scarring. But I do have scars for previous ones that I burst myself.

Hope this info helps!
    K

Thanks

Wow sleepydumpling! You got a GOOD doctor. I've had them since I was a youngster and it took me quite a few doctors to get diagnosed. The best way I avoid them is no underwear! When I do wear underwear, I buy breathable cotton ones that look like hot pants. I find that elastic in underwear aggrivates the condition. I also took a more drastic measure a couple of years ago. I had liposuction on my inner thighs so they would not rub and sweat. I doubt this is a very practical method. I also doubt it would be recommended by ANYONE... but I was desperate.

Great advice on this thread, sheesh, I wish I had this sort of WWW access when I started to get them!

Thanks

I also have found that real tea tree oil helps clear them up very fast. If I get a bad one it usually will pop in the shower eventually, and then I will pour a lot of concentrated tea tree oil on. If I feel like I'm getting the beginning of a breakout with them I also rub the oil between my legs, where I usually get them the most. Very helpful for me!

Thanks

at first I thought it was an std, boy was I pissed at Hubby!! lol
    then I just wrote it off as ingrown hairs.
    I had to go to the ER once b/c one got so bad it caused cellulitis.
    It was awful and embarrassing b/c they tell you it's because you're fat and you don't properly wash.
    I was so pissed when they said that.
    I am SO not unclean.
    I've never mentioned this to anyone before, you cannot imagine the relief I felt when I read this thread.
    Amy 35 dh 36 married 7/17/99
    PCOS 2000 IR 2007
    MC 5/08
    Male Factor 7/08
    HSG 2/09 ALL CLEAR
    2009 -2010 clomid/femara/ovidrel IUI all BFN
    certified foster/adoptive home 10/10
    daughter placed with us 1/7/11 currently waiting to adopt
    SURPRISE BFP 11/28/11

Hidden Content

Thanks

Tea tree oil is an excellent anti-septic. It kills all those nasty bugs right away. I use it for everything from cuts and scrapes to insect bites. I also put it in my laundry for a nice smell and to kill any bacteria. I believe you can even buy tea tree laundry detergent now.

Great suggestion BonniRedd