Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Hi Sarah Jane,

Sorry if I misunderstood your intentions, I just think that this site is such a wonderful resource for so many of us and that it needs to be protected from people who use it for less than altruistic reasons. I'd hate to see the valuable information diluted by self-promotion and had thought there was a rule to that effect. Something about the most you could do was include a link in your signature to your business.

I think personally, that the amount of information I have gained through this site, far outweighs any free information and advice I have given out. We are lucky that we have the benefit of education about health and physiology and can better understand what is happening to us and what we can do about it. It's frightening enough what happens to your body with this syndrome even with an understanding of why. It must be 100 times worse without that background. Not to mention the masses of people who will gladly take your money in return for negligible information and assistance with weight loss, hair restoration etc. Surely any insight we can offer to our cysters is a good thing, compensation aside?

Anyway, thank you for sharing your knowledge and recipe with us. You have encouraged me to add saw palmetto and devil's claw to my regime. I know I have problems with inflammation (from a motorcycle accident 10 years ago) and I really should have added something in earlier for this. I really look forward to reading your upcoming post about all the herbs you find useful and why.

All the best.
    Thx! I wanna collect some good karma, if u like my post can u click on the middle of 3 icons in the bottom L corner of my post? Thx Hidden Content

Soulcysters, I'd love your input into the following polls to try and find out more about PCOS:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Sarah Jane
    I'd be interested in knowing the reasons for the different herbs. i'm not doing herbal treatments right now, but will go back to herbal treatment after (fingers crossed) the baby arrives. I like that the meds have helped me, but don't want to be on them longer than i have to.
    In Memory of Kaleb Paul:
    1/9/09 - BFP CD32, 11DPO, HCG 118, EDD 9/15 (Round 2 Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; Met 2000mg, NPC)
    1/26 -- 1st Ultrasound -- saw heartbeat! 133bpm at 6w2d
    2/25 -- 1st Doppler -- heard heartbeat at 10w3d. Dr predicts: girl
    3/25 -- 3rd prenatal appt.
    4/29 -- ulstrasound -- it's a boy!
    5/29 -- could not stop contractions....

TTC since 9/2007
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi
    Ive nearly finished the article I'm working on regarding the reasons that I use the herbs that I do in my PCOS herbal mix.
    Hope you find the information helpful.
    Best regards,
    Sarah-jane

Thanks

thank you so much for the information

CatGirl22

Quote Originally Posted by kittykay View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this article!!!

I never noticed Gymnema before. Here is some short info I found just at http://www.pennherb.com:

************************************************** ************************************************** ****
    Gymnema came to be known as "sugar destroyer" after Ayurvedic physicians observed that chewing a few leaves from this herb suppressed the sweet taste of sugar. It is currently being used with much success by many with blood sugar & carb concerns.

Interestingly, some people note that after drinking a cup of Gymnema tea or extract, they're not able to taste the sugar, or it makes sweet things taste bitter for up to 2 hours. Modern research has confirmed that the active ingredient of the herb blocks sugar absorption into the body. Further clinical studies published in India also indicates that an extract not only lowers blood sugar, but may help repair damaged cells in the pancreas- the gland in which insulin is produced- thereby improving insulin production.

that's cool as hell where can I get some?

Thanks

It's a herb so I guess a health food shop would be a good place to start, otherwise search online. There seem to be plenty of places these days where you can buy supplements over the internet, especially in the US. Pharmacies (drug stores) may also have it.
    Thx! I wanna collect some good karma, if u like my post can u click on the middle of 3 icons in the bottom L corner of my post? Thx Hidden Content

Soulcysters, I'd love your input into the following polls to try and find out more about PCOS:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

This is very informative! I've heard of some of those herbs in my research but not all of them. Now I will have to research these too! Does anyone know if these things are safe to take when TTC?
    Prayers and much love!
    ~ Mrs. W

Thanks

This is a very interesting article, I will be passing this one on!

Thanks

Thumbs up I started Vitex and Red Clover four weeks ago

I haven't read a lot of success stories using Vitex, but I've read a lot of articles saying it could help. So, after finding the website babyhopes.com, I found the the herbs in a combo called Fertilaid. Their website had a lot of success stories! I didn't feel comfy at the time spending $30 on one bottle, so instead I researched two of the herbs; Vitex and Red Clover. I found them for under $8 for a 100 count bottle at a local herb store (a health food store) and started with 1600mg of Vitex and 1500mg of Red Clover (the dosage was on the bottle). Make sure the bottles you buy are 100% natural and contain NO other herbs. There is no regulation in the USA for herbs. Visit babyhopes.com or google Vitex. If I have success, I'll post it on so many boards across the world wide web!
    And if anyone knows of another board on soulcysters I should read, please let me know! Thanks!

Thanks

Thanks for posting this article. I'd love to start going this route. If a local store sells these products does anyone think it's okay to just start taking them?? Should we go to a doctor first and ask more questions about these therapies? Does anyone here go to a homeopathic doctor? If so, have you talked about these therapies? What does that doctor say?

Thanks

Sarah-Jane, could you please try and contact me through personal messaging? I can't message you because I don't have enough posts, but I'd really love your help if you'd be willing to give it. Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Really interesting article

This was a great read. I'll want to reference this again

Thanks

good info. we can try the internet to find these herbs.

Thanks

what's the name of the product? and where can i get it?

Thanks

This is good info. I wish there was a product that had all these supplements in them. I'm wondering if fertilaid is close to having the same things. Thanks!