Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Thank you.....Kat

I am on a herbal diabetic combo with Gymnema in it and saw palmetto....they are WONDERFUL.....hirsutism is 3/4 diminished and AF is regular 28-30 days...I tried Vitex and had adverse effects.....on to try red raspberry leaf tea or capsule....I am being followed by a naturopath...take care ladies...
    Hidden Content
    PCOS since 1999 ---
    Me: (44)
    3 amazing adopted babies -----
    DD: (16)
    DS: (14)
    DD: (13)
    2 beautiful little angels -- Oct 8, 2007 -- May 6, 2013 -- Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lollipop For This Useful Post:

littlewonders87 (11-01-2013)

Thanks

Very intersting
    I choose hope.

Thanks

Question Converting ML to MG

The amounts given for the herbs in the information Kat provided is in mL, how many mg would they equal if I take capsules?

Thanks

This was a really helpful article. I can't post the link, but a google search for the article/author will land you on the herbaladvisor dot com.

Also, people had asked where to find these supplements....you can look on vitacost.com ... they have some great prices and top brands.

Others asked about taking clomid + herbs..... from my understanding, they'll work against each other, or the clomid will overpower the herbs while the herbs make the clomid less effective. everything i've read says to stop taking the herbs if you take clomid.

Thanks

Default Awesome article

Awesome article. I think I may try some of these. I was looking and found most of the supplements on Vitaminshoppe.com, but I couldn't find paeonia lactiflora ANYWHERE. Anyone who knows where I can find that, I would be appreciative. Thanks.

Thanks

If you do a froogle.google.com search, you can find the product in a bunch of different stores online. I was surprised, too, that it wasn't at vitacost. Another place for cheap supplements is e-vitaminstore.com. You also searched "white peony" right?
    In Memory of Kaleb Paul:
    1/9/09 - BFP CD32, 11DPO, HCG 118, EDD 9/15 (Round 2 Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; Met 2000mg, NPC)
    1/26 -- 1st Ultrasound -- saw heartbeat! 133bpm at 6w2d
    2/25 -- 1st Doppler -- heard heartbeat at 10w3d. Dr predicts: girl
    3/25 -- 3rd prenatal appt.
    4/29 -- ulstrasound -- it's a boy!
    5/29 -- could not stop contractions....

TTC since 9/2007
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Default white peony

Thanks, I'll check FROOGLE. I tried white peony and paeonia lactiflora and could only come up with teas or supplements that had peony in it. I couldn't find the pure supplement. I'll have to check out this e-vitamins...too. Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks

great info! I am checking my health store asap!

Thanks

Default great

i loved this thread it is greast alot of great info to share with others

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hello all,

I'm not new to PCOS, diagnosed when I was 17, not new to the message board, been reading for almost 2 years, finally decided to get actively involved and registered and started posting. In fact, this is my first post.

Katcarney, I'd like to thank you for the great bunch of info, although you posted it almost 3 years ago. It's been so helpful seeing all those herbal remedies listed altogether with thorough explanations.

I wish all of you a happy and healthy life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
    Thank you.....Kat

I am on a herbal diabetic combo with Gymnema in it and saw palmetto....they are WONDERFUL.....hirsutism is 3/4 diminished and AF is regular 28-30 days...I tried Vitex and had adverse effects.....on to try red raspberry leaf tea or capsule....I am being followed by a naturopath...take care ladies...

Lollipop, what exactly was there in your diabetic combo? I wanna start from somewhere with the herbal treatment, been put on BCPs 'til now by docs, TTC #1 now, wanna go natural to see if it works before going through all the clomid and metformin route.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Thanks, very informative!!

Thanks

I have heard that you shouldn't take Vitex and Clomid together, but don't have any further info. Maybe do a search on google or here.

Thanks

Hi Sarah Jane,
    Thank you for sharing your positive experience with herbs for PCOS with us. This site is more of an information sharing site than a medium for promoting one's own business though. Perhaps it might be more appropriate for you to share the herbs you have been using? I am a nurse and naturopath myself with PCOS and would be very interested in finding out what has worked for you.

All the best.
    Thx! I wanna collect some good karma, if u like my post can u click on the middle of 3 icons in the bottom L corner of my post? Thx Hidden Content

Soulcysters, I'd love your input into the following polls to try and find out more about PCOS:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi Anne(Belrose),
    Thankyou for your comments. I am sorry that you feel that I am trying to further my own business instead of helping others. You couldn't be more wrong about me.
    I have previously (and in detail) shared my knowledge regarding herbs that help me and others with pcos on this site. I am not using it to promote my business but just answering questions and queries from others asking if anyone knew anyone or anywhere that they can order helpful herbal products from. That is why I left my details for people. I did not ask first for their enquiries.
    I have since been writing another updated list of the herbs and their uses and benefits to pcos that I will soon be posting again on this site as soon as I have finished it so that all of us can benefit in sharing the knowledge- bearing in mind that I am giving away my business's recipes for free here to all the world- I think thats my way of helping others rather than promoting my business!
    My potion has upto 25-30 herbs in it that help pcos. As all women are different and suffer with varying health problems it would be therefor best that they contact me before they try my mix as some herbs may need to be changed to suit them personally. As I'm sure you would agree one should not just take herbs unless one knows how it will affect one's personal health requirements.
    Here is a list of the basic mix- more details coming soon with an explanation why I use each one. I add more to my personal mix and to others' personal mixes if i feel,after doing a confidential health profile, that they may need other herbs for different pcos health complaints...
    PCOS TEA MIX.
    Take one tea spoon of mix three times a day for upto six months for results to really show:-

AGNUS CASTUS, BURDOCK ROOT, CHICKWEED, CINNAMMON, CAMOMILE, KELP, ZINC, B COMPLEX VITAMINS, SAW PALMETTO,CALENDULA, PSYLLIUM HUSK,GINGER,NETTLE,DANDELION,MILK THISTLE,CLEAVERS.ROSE-HIPS,CLOVE,ECHINACEA,DEVIL'S CLAW,LINDEN FLOWERS,LEMON BALM,

Take cider vinegar three times a day.

Hair thickening,regrowth rinse wash contains Rosemary, Sage, nettle, rose-hip, kelp

Facial hair removing/weakening lotion contains Tumeric,lemon,calendula.

Always check with a Doctor or Herbalist before taking any herbal medication.
    Hope this is helpful to you and others.
    All the best,
    Sarah jane x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah-Jane For This Useful Post:

justamanda (04-02-2013)