Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Registered User amyhuerta.bodybyvi.com's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm with you!! I started visalus and have been feeling best I ever had! amyhuerta.bodybyvi.com have had pcos for 13 years..

Thanks

Very interesting article. May try for herb medication. Thanks

Thanks

very imformative, I already take vitex (agnus castus) but maybe i should combine it with another herb to see results as i dont see any results even though its been 4 and half months.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tantzyebatb1 View Post
    PCOS is so frustrating. My endo practically insists I try birth control. Doesn't birth control defeat the purpose of really figuring out what's causing the PCOS and its relatively common side effect of infertility?
    It really is and yes I have read Birth Control doesn't really fix anything it does help but doesn't help with any of the underlying issues. From what my doctor told me in order to preserve my ovaries I need to be on BC until I want to have children. I find that PCOS does cause so many other issues too so I just try to take vitamins and eat better and exercise. I also read about a Low Glycemic Diet does help with symptoms of PCOS. Just google it and you will get plenty of information. I have yet to really try it but its just choosing foods that are better for you and definitely not processed.

Registered User jessica4america's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

If I am already taking clomid, can I try these along with?

Thanks

Hi there, I am completely new to PCOS, just diagnosed in April, and have NO IDEA how to handle this. I want to treat this naturally and am working with a naturopath who gives me some guidance. I am 32, 5'5" 126 lbs, and my symptoms from most problematic to least are: hypoglycemia/extreme blood sugar fluctuations, anxiety/irritability, hirsutism, hair falling out, acne, and 42-60 day cycles. My labs state high testosterone. I don't have an overabundance of ovarian cycts. I haven't had an oral glucose tolerance test, and my blood labs don't catch any blood sugar issues but I know this is not always accurate. (sorry if I'm sabotaging someone's thread, I think you have to post 5 times before starting a new thread???)

I'm trying to find the perfect diet, I was low carb, always ate very good, but it didn't matter, I still felt terrible all the time. So I tried Paleo for month and a half and felt terrible. My digestion was horrific. So recently I went to a Dr McDougall based vegan diet (talk about one extreme to another). I felt a LOT better on this diet, digestion has improved immesly, except for my blood sugar, that still is pretty bad.

Also, I've been trying D Chiro Inositol for the past 3 weeks and it seems it may help my blood sugar, but maybe it's my diet...hard to tell...but i feel way more moody, irritable, lower sex drive than my usual low sex drive, and I think my acne and facial hair is getting worse! Has anyone heard of adverse or opposing reactions to d chiro? Can the d chiro form and the myo form act differently?

My naturopath recommended saw palmetto and gymnema too, which I hven't started yet. I'm also thinking about spearmint and cinnamon too.

Can you all recommend the best diet (is everyone different even in PCOS land for which diet is right?), and herbs, natural remedies for my conditons..mostly the blood sugar swings and the anxiety first. Then I'll tackle the other things...

And can someone explain how high testosterone and insulin resistance is linked? Like if you lower your testosterone will your insulin stabilize?

Thanks a million, as you can see I'm way overwhelmed and want to know what to do. I'm leaving on a 3 week trip soon too and am so anxious about it, I deserately want to lesson my anxiety and improve my blood sugar before the trip.
    t

Thanks

I have been on Vitex (agnus castus), an herbal hormone balancer, for 8 plus months. I would like to know if there are any long term side effects if I take about 200mg per day. Is it safe to keep taking it for a couple years? Thank you. My OBGYN couldn't tell me. For those of you considering it for your PCOS, it is worth a try. My menstual cycle used to be so irregular that it was almost absent! Now I have a period every 2 months on Vitex.

Thanks

Thank you for posting this article!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

A great article. I re-read a print out of it today and was so glad to have done that. Thanks, Kat!
    Sympt: '99 (age 13), dx: '05. Diane35 2 yrs & Met500 mg 1/2 yr. No AF from '08. Full-house syndrome.
    In 2013, took hold of PCOS. 2014: Vit D + Met 1500 mg + Mg footpaths + Omega3 + Vit B + cordiceps sinensis + inofolic. June: Duphaston.

My blog Hidden Content and fav PCOS-web: Hidden Content .
    I've decided the only thing standing in my way of managing PCOS is my will power.

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks. Nice article

Registered User TheDivineWithin's Avatar
    Thanks

Fantastic article with lots of information. Thank you!

Thanks

What could help with acne? And stop irregular periods?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

My bloods came back as LH:FSH of 14:4.5 this was taken about 50 days into a long cycle so I don't know if that could of impacted results. Doctor is making me go to be restested. My testosterone came back as 2.2 FA Index (free androgen index) - 4.1
    estradoil as 3.13. Does anyone have any idea what these results mean? I've been taking vitex, but I read that vitex increases LH, and i don't need that increased.....help!!

Thanks xxxx

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi guys,

These are my blood results and i'm so confused by them. Does anyone know how to interpret these? They were taken around day 50 in the follicular phase (started taking vitex 2 weeks before the blood was taken if that makes any difference)

LH - 14 (u/l)
    FSH - 4.5 (u/l)
    Prolactin - 441 (mU/l)
    Testosterone - 2.2 (nmol/L)
    SHBG - 72 (nmol/L)
    FA Index - 3.1
    TSH - 0.97 (nU/L)

Thanks so much xxxx

Thanks

thanks for posting! im gonna go to whole foods now and see if i can find the vitex, white peony, and tribulus! hope it works? :/ TTC and no AF for almost a year now!! but don't want to take any meds. gonna ask for provera and maybe clomid if the natural route doesn't work...