Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default sweaty crotch!!! lol

i have noticed since gaining weight that my crotch sweats???? anyone have this problem? any suggestions? i tried baby power and it doesn't work,,, i am usually clean shaven down there so it not a hairy problem....and i wear cotton under wear..... by the middle of the day i feel gross, like i need another shower,, especailly at work, since i have to wear dress pants,,, great i think i need coochie antiprersprint!!!

Thanks

LOL..you are too cute and you made me laugh soooo hard, thank you hun I think in this weather everyone gets sweaty in their lower regions...but I definetely know what you mean, I do not like the feeling....I wish I could help you out more hun. ::HUGS::
    Your friend and cyster,
    ~*Katrina*~
    Pre-medical Student/Medic
    22 Years old
    Has a WONDERFUL husband named Salem!Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content DOING THE BIGGEST LOSER WEDNESDAY!
    Mommy to her furbaby kitty TankHidden Content , Bunny Scrubs, and lots of fishes.
    Girls- we are cysters by chance but friends by choice. I love you girls so much. You give me strength,courage, guidance, support, and friendship

Thanks

LMAO!!! i know what you mean. wish i could give you advice but i dont have any suggestions. i can say that when it gets bad, a pantiliner helps.
    Cheryl- 27
    Mommy to Erica Shanice 11/22/04Hidden Content
    Married 1/99, Separated 9/04
    Mommy for furbaby Cheech

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

try Gold Bonds MEDICATED powder..in the gold bottle! actually, i just use the generic equivalent and it works wonders in keeping excess moisture under control. I use it "down there", under my breasts, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 486 Posts

There's a web site called amplestuff that sells products for people who are, ummm, ample... one thing they sell is a betadine scrub/soap to help with stinkiness. I guess excess weight and stinkiness go hand in hand (I mean if it's hot and you're big you'll sweat and therefor stink more, not that big automatically = smelly...)

Anyway I too have the crotch sweat issue... I'm actually not that big so maybe it's just my male hormones, who knows? But one of these days I think I will try the betadine scrub... you can buy it at most any pharmacy...

eta here's what I am talking about

http://amplestuff.safeshopper.com/85/cat85.htm?868
    "Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose -
    Every way you look at it, you lose."
    - Simon & Garfunkel

Thanks

I feel your pain, cyster! When I get that yucky sweaty feeling "down there" and can't take another shower to feel fresh again, I use one of those feminine wipes and then a fresh panty liner. It helps-not as good as a shower, but better than nothing. You can get the individually wrapped wipes and keep a couple in your bag to take to work. They clean and deodorize.

Debbie
    Debbie (43), Mike (46)
    DD- Mary Elizabeth 8 DS-William Landers 5 1/2
    4 angel babies - 3 m/c's, 1 vanishing twin

Thanks

I agree with Debbie. Changing out a panty liner (and if you are plus sized, they make plus sized panty liners best invention since sliced bread!!) and carrying around a fresh wipe.

I use baby wipes becuse most of them are flushable and they are cheaper than "femine" wipes. A wipe is a wipe in my book.

Good luck and stay fresh!!

Thanks

silky underware dusting powder from lush.com works great for me, and under the boobs too
    DX: Sept/03 Me 31 & DH 35Hidden Content
    PCOS: Metformin 1500mgs daily(Oct/03).
    Rapid Cycling Bi-Polar Type II: Effexor 225 mgs, .5mgs clonazapam, and 900mgs Lithium daily. litebook therapy(Dec/04).
    Meniere's Disease:Hidden Content 16mgs Serc and 10-20mgs Metoclop

Thanks

thanks ladies!!! i have tried the panty liner,, i don't like it,, after a hour or so it feels mosit and gross and i actually get like a diper rash kinda thing from it,,, even on my period if i wear pads for more then a day or 2 i get a rash.... plus the pad get a little smelly!!! well by the end of the day so do my underwear,,,,, just too gross,, i am going to the store today to have a look... we should invent coothie antipresprint,, we'd be rich!!!!

Thanks

LOL! I actually have the Drysol, and I use it in that general area, but it only helps so much because the crotch and the rear end sweat. Hopping around on crutches in 90 degree weather plus humidity, I have already changed shorts and underwear twice today.

Thanks

I've always had this problem too, even when I was not overweight. I don't like pantyliners because they always end up sticking to my skin. I use baby powder with cornstarch. I've been using the Monistat powder and it seems to help. I use baby wipes at home and carry the feminine wipes packets in my purse when I am out someplace. I did try some of the sprays years ago that are made for that area, but they irritated my skin badly.
    Janet (31) DH (41) ttc 7 years
    Miscarriage 1/19/1999 at 10 weeks
    Met ER 2000 mg daily
    HSG to be scheduled next cycle after af
    Waiting on dh's SA results
    Expecting to start Clomid after test results are in

When it rains it pours! barneyb's Avatar
    Thanks

dove anitperspirant/deodorant works well down there and it also helps keep you smooth if you shave or wax!
    Dayna

diagnosis so far: Submucosal Uterine Fibroid (4/05), IR (6/05), Panic Disorder (12/05)
    Back on Effexor XR Hidden Content
    NEVER AGAIN TAKING LEXAPRO!!!
    Furbabies - Maine "Loon" Cat & Guinea Pigs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 486 Posts

OK just to clarify... this smell problem we are talking about. Is it a vaginal smell, or more of an armpit smell? Because my advice was to take care of an armpit smell. Seems other people are talking about more of a vaginal odor?

I mean I understand the smell is in the crotch area, not the armpit - I'm just saying it SMELLS like armpit. Or BO, if you will...
    "Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose -
    Every way you look at it, you lose."
    - Simon & Garfunkel

Thanks

It's not necessarily the smell that is the problem. It's the wetness. For me, at least, it is a body odor type of smell.

Thanks

you know what i've found that seems to help with oder down south......for lack of a more adult term sorry ladys i'm feeling funny........try desert essence Throughly clean face wash with tea tree oil and awiphii works great for the smell, as well as the sweating which can cause a skin like yeast infection. it's gross.....hope this helps.......if you google it you can find it on line, or try trader joes as i've found it cheapest there. use the liqued kind.