Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Will Nair work better on my chin???? HELP!

Hi guys! I have been using "Sally Hansen Creme hair remover for face" and I have found that is works pretty well for my upperlip but NOT for my chin. I shave 1-2 times a day (and I totally hate it and feel very unfeminine) so my chin hairs are course....I have dark hair and light skin so even the hair under the skin shows up. I don't seem to get much off the chin when I use this product. Would "Nair" be stronger and get those tough hairs better???

Thanks for your help!
    Brenda in UT
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"]Brenda in Utah
    37 years old
    dx in 1996
    dealing with infertility for 17 years
    R. ovary removed 9-2007
    stopped metformin Oct 2009.
    Started Zoloft Jan 2010.
    Going back on Metformin and now off Zoloft.
    Mommy to Brenley 11, Haley 8, Camden 5 & Spencer 22 months - Adoption.
    Hidden Content I Believe in Miracles!

Thanks

honestly... from experience... plucking them is my only option... its the only thing that makes it smooth for me... because shaving that area i get bumps and it feels rough... the wax wont even pick those coarse hairs up... so good luck.
    Miracles do happen... Hidden Content
    TTC . TTC . TTC . TTC .

Metformin 2250 mg
    DX 2001 PCOS - Amenorrea (primary) No AF EVER w/o drugs.

NO AF for years!!!!
    8/20/08 - Clomid / Femara together
    9/12/08 - 1 "large enough" follie / TRIGGER
    9/24/08 - B/W to be done

Thanks

I have tried Nair before without any luck. I also have to shave. Plucking seems to leave me with zit like sores. Good luck.
    Melissa Hidden Content

4 furbabies
    Mystic (wolf hybrid), Sargeant (german shepard), Pooh (dashund), Harley (cat). Hidden Content Hidden Content

[url=Hidden Content http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/3;0;7;0;0/c/0/t/-60/k/bec1/weight.png"

Thanks

I was just about to ask this same question but with on the legs. I just bought the Nair microwave wax and what a waste of money. It doesn't do anything...or maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

nair doesn't work....just irritates the skin.

Thanks

I've not had good luck with Nair. I still had hair left and it irritated my skin badly. I usually wax my upper lip and chin, then pluck any stray hairs.
    Janet (31) DH (41) ttc 7 years
    Miscarriage 1/19/1999 at 10 weeks
    Met ER 2000 mg daily
    HSG to be scheduled next cycle after af
    Waiting on dh's SA results
    Expecting to start Clomid after test results are in

Thanks

The only thing that works for me is to pluck the coarse hairs (which I swear are multiplying as I type), and then to Nair to remove the finer ones.
    -diagnosed 1/2004
    -treating with diet and exercise
    -mom to 5 furkids, Patrick the greyhound, Gretta and Samantha the rabbits, Sophie and Rosie the guinea pigs, and 4 guinea pigs waiting at the Bridge.
    -working on a PhD in American History

This Cyster Is Losing It! Miss Maren's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree that Nair is extremely irritating to the skin for a lot of women. ICK!
    "Life is full of blessings, not all are seen."

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I pluck my coarse black hairs & I wax my lip or pluck it... (It stays gone the longest that way, which it should cause it takes FOREVER to do) Anyway...

I "cream away" all the "other" hair on my face about once a week with surgi-cream... (You get it @ Sally's) It comes in regular & sensitive skin... There is a trick to make it work better without irritation... Wet your face with warm water first & keep it wet... put it on thick & keep it wet by getting warm water on your palm & patting it over the cream to REWET it... Then take if off with large cotton disks or pads (not the kind that come apart easy) & barely dampen them & wipe it off firmly (I go opposite of growth... I put my cream on in that direction first too, then smooth it back the direction of the hair growth to make sure I get it all saturated with the cream... This works really well for me. It DOES make your skin feel slicky & your (head) hair will "cling" to your face for a couple days...lol... NO biggy!

I think I have medium texture medium colored hair all over (where a mans beard would be including my upper lip but my lip is very dark) I have about 6 dark coarse hairs around my jaw/sideburn area (long sideburn hair) on each side, a bad patch of black hairs on my right side front jaw & it wraps under chin... I pluck as many of the black ones I can see with a lit 5X mag mirror & cream the rest. It grows about 1/2 inch long & some of my "crazy ones" grow way longer than that!! I mention this b/c this cream works good for me but I guess depending on the hair it may not work as well or it could work better... A lady @ work told me about it years ago when I came to work with my lip burnt up from one of those "buffer" things... I've used it faithfully ever since!!
    Shave Face

This Cyster Is Losing It! Miss Maren's Avatar
    Thanks

dragonfly,thank you for the tip! I'll have to look for that.
    "Life is full of blessings, not all are seen."

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I tried Veet for my legs, and it worked really really well!! I was pretty amazed! I don't know if they make Veet for the face though...

i have to shave too, even though I do pluck, but it leaves those little sores if I pluck too much.
    Kristi Hidden Content 25
    What have you done today
    to make you feel PROUD?

Thanks

Sometimes I get baby pimples 5 max after I tweeze my WHOLE mustash... I pull in the direction of growth... Now the hairs slide out painlessly... What kind of little sores? I only got them when I "tryed" shaving once...

I'd almost swear by that Surgi-Cream... I leave it on about 6-7 minutes (full minutes) & don't burn *if* I kept it wet!!

Best of Luck!! I freakin hate the HAIR part of PCOS the most!! YUck, I mean really?

Thanks

Thanks you guys!!!! You are all awesome! I have noticed that if I wipe off the cream in the opposite direction then I seem to get more off. But it doesn't work much for my chin. But I will try the cream you mentioned Dragnfly. Thank You.

I actually get those pimple things with this cream.....I guess it causes ingrown hairs or something. I am very tired of being burned...but even more tired of the hair. I always say to my DH "why do I have to be fat, infertile AND HAIRY?" UGH!

Anyway, Thanks for your tips and support!
    Brenda
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"]Brenda in Utah
    37 years old
    dx in 1996
    dealing with infertility for 17 years
    R. ovary removed 9-2007
    stopped metformin Oct 2009.
    Started Zoloft Jan 2010.
    Going back on Metformin and now off Zoloft.
    Mommy to Brenley 11, Haley 8, Camden 5 & Spencer 22 months - Adoption.
    Hidden Content I Believe in Miracles!

Thanks

Dragnfy:
    Thanks for the info on the surgi-cream. I will give that a shot!! The little sores are like pimples that are open and never quite heal. It is VERY unattractive and is VERY hard to cover up with makeup. The whole area under my chin has really tiny bumps, with those sores innerspersed. It is really weird, and very hard to explain.
    Kristi Hidden Content 25
    What have you done today
    to make you feel PROUD?

Thanks

Also, the only kind of nair I can use on my face is the kind that comes in that little tube so you don't have to touch it, any other stuff causes me to breakout.
    -diagnosed 1/2004
    -treating with diet and exercise
    -mom to 5 furkids, Patrick the greyhound, Gretta and Samantha the rabbits, Sophie and Rosie the guinea pigs, and 4 guinea pigs waiting at the Bridge.
    -working on a PhD in American History