Thanks

Unhappy Inner thigh scars

I know there's a thread on here someplace about the boils that we get in warm, moist spots (like underarms, inner thighs, fat folds, etc).

I don't get these since Met's been working. But I still have a LOT of scars from old ones. The scars are deep, too. Does anybody know of a way to get rid of them or make them less obvious?

Thanks!
    Dominici was born May 2006!
    Hidden Content

Miracle Baby Boy Rivelino, born too early to live on October 6, 2004 at 24 weeks and 6 days. Never to be forgotten, always to be remembered, forever my source of inspiration.

Thanks

I wish I did! I have them too! I'll be stuck un boy bottom swim trunks for life! If you find anything, please post! I was thinking of getting Mederma to see if that would minimize the effects.

Thanks

I refuse to wear boy bottoms! They make my waist look bigger and minimize my booty (which I actually LIKE). But I don't think the scars show too much then. It's more that they just bother ME when I notice them, you know? Hopefully somebody can help us both.

If you do try the mederma, let me know if it helps!

Viv

Thanks

I don't have much of a booty, so I am safe. LOL. I have an added issue, I was at 245 when I was younger, then I lost and got to 155, and went back up to 210. All that yo-yo dieting took a toll on the elasticity of my skin in that area. I know that if I ever get back to 155, it will just look terrible! Hence the boy shorts! Once I am at a healthy weight and stay there for at least a year, I am going to get a thigh lift.

I'll let you know about the mederma, it's pretty expensive, which is why I've held off... but with summer, I may try it soon!

Good luck!

Navy Wife & Momma to 2 missyanne's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello

I tried Mederma for mine, and although it hasn't completely taken it away, it HAS helped to lighten them tremendously.

HTH!
    Melissa
    Melissa (24)
    DH - TJ (23)
    DD1 - Olivia, 21 months
    DD2 - Peyton, born May 25, 2007

I am a proud Navy Wife!
    :: Missing my DH::

Hidden Content I am a formula-feeding (by choice), disposable diapering, pro-CIO, pro-vaccination, mother of 2 well-adjusted little girls who sleeps through the night in their own beds. Welcome to the dark side.Hidden Content

Free and confused..... silverhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

I have those too... unfortunately I just started Met 2000mg a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't gotten rid of the boils on my inner thighs.....

just a question, does anyone get those on the top of the back of their thighs or (maybe tmi) butt crack?

they hurt like crazy!
    Janette aka SilverHawk
    on 2000mg Glucophage XR
    25mcg levothyroxin

Pagan Cyster
    Finally Divorced!
    I'm FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Melissa - I'm going to run out and get some mederma tonight!

Boink - I've heard that eventually, toning exercises can help with excess/saggy skin. But if you do go for the thigh lift, we'll throw a virtual online party.

Silver - YES, I used to get them in my butt/thigh crack, too. They do really hurt. I know that once my hormones were regulated by Met, they pretty much stopped.

Viv

Thanks

okay since this seems to be the place, I know (I guess) what boils arethey're teh ones that leave the purplish icky scars right??? My question is does anyone get them on their neck, throat, shoulders, and back??? And does anyone get the scars that are white but kind of glossy once they pop the boil/pimple whatever the heck they are or once they go away by themselves???
    Soft and steady my heart beats true, all hopes and dreams do rest in you. Hidden Content

Thanks

Curious, I've never gotten any on my neck, back or shoulders, so I can't answer that part of your question.

I do have some that are purplish, and some that are white/glossy. It seems that as time goes by, they fade FROM purple to white/glossy. And, if I popped it, the scar's worse - a few of them look more like WELTS!!!

Viv

Thanks

thanks viv
    Soft and steady my heart beats true, all hopes and dreams do rest in you. Hidden Content