Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy Any solutions for uneven breasts?

My breasts are totally different sizes. My right one is beautiful, firm, round, and a C cup. My left one is about an A or small B cup, it is not round but kind of pointy and it is not firm. I am so embarrassed by this. I had a BF for 3 years and I never just let him see my breasts inless we were laying down or something. Having these lopsided breasts really makes me feel like a freak.

I am considering getting an implant in my left breast but this option really scares me.

Will losing weight (which I am trying to do, I am 5'8 and 175 pounds) help or make it worse

Are there any suggestions out there? Anyone else with this problem?

Currently on Yasmin
    Live in Manhattan and go to NYU ! Would love to hang out some time!

25 y/o

**All the things we like as human beings are either immoral, illegal, or fattening**

Start weight: 175
    Goal: lose 35 pounds
    First Day on Nutrisystem: 1/27/06

Thanks

Surgery is one option but I can't recomend it.

You can fix your bras though.
    All fabric stores sell "implants". it would be easy to tack a pad on the inside of the bra side you need to.It could even be done in the colors you need.

If you get cosey with a man I hope you are close enough to discuss it if he asked. Do not be ashamed or imbaressed.
    You have enough stress in your life with out being tormented on this subject. By the way shame on mom for doing that to you.
    That is still better than my mom trying to adjust my sisters "tubetop" in public. OH yA you guessed it.
    Size D's hangng there for all to see!!
    But I don't mention that to sis. We just never let mom adjust anything after that!! Not even me!

I do feel for you, I have a heck of a time finding a bra to fit.
    I have to make my own adjustments.
    Let alone with dif sizes is not a fun shopping trip.
    So check out your local fabric stores and happy sewing!

Patty
    Endometriosis (Infertility Cause)
    Andnomyosis (Infertility/Miscarry Cause)
    Fibroid tummores(One reason for Non stop AF)
    Tubal ligation syndrome(Sister of PCOS)

Check this link out for more information!!

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi! I hear ya on the mismatched booby thing!! I was going to suggest walking with a twist so that both breast make their entrance into a room at the same time, but of course, that would be tongue in cheek...
    have you ever gone to a chiropractor?? maybe some of it is because your back is out of wack, causeing your breast to appear to be different sizes... Also, most women do have one breast larger then the other... because of muscle development on our dominant side... I am left handed.. so my left breast is smaller then my right.. How to fix it? it is not necessarily a total fix, but exercise (I know, I hate it too!!) does help... push ups, bench presses... to get the muscles evened up on both sides really does help!
    Not ttc
    Dx over 25 yrs ago
    Spiro 100mg a day

Thanks

When you were describing the shape and size of your breasts I was thinking "all right, when did she see me topless??" My left boob is a nice perfectly shaped D, and my right well..it's a pointy C or B. It's Drives me insane. I do the sports bra thing too, I asked my mom is she could tell that they were uneven, and she said that if you didn't know they were, you wouldn't be able to tell.

Rockers
    Currently being Dx
    Clomid - 50mg days 5-9, No O.
    Clomid - 100mg days 5-9 O'd BFN
    Clomid - 100mg days 5-9 No O.
    Clomid - 100mg days 5-9, O'd Day 39, BFN
    Natural Cycle - Aug 5th O'd - Day 29 *crossing fingers*
    Next step IUI
    TTC #1Hidden Content since August 2009

Thanks

My god...I could have written your post, right down to size and which is which--LOL!

I went through my teens feeling freakish. Then, I realized I was the only one who really paid much attention to them other people really couldn't tell. I had my share of boyfriends and they were all ok with it. (One used to say it was like having the "best of both worlds" and he didn't think it was weird at all.) I wear a lot of bras and (sports bras and regular playtex kind) to look somewhat even in public, but to be honest I don't much care anymore. I have a wonderful husband, beautiful son, and the way I feel about myself while I walk down the street is what matters. Unless you are trying to make a living as a swimsuit model, I think surgery is unnecessary...but that is, of course my opinion. I think cutting your body open should usually be considered a last resort.
    "Don't eat less, just more intelligently..."

Free of soy, sugar, high-fructose corn syrup and and trans fats since March 2002...now regular periods, free of cysts, testosterone normalized, more than 70 lbs lost, ovulation and fertility restored, cholesterol total only 145...
    ...and now child #2 born 6/7/04 8 lbs 5 oz.Holy cow--a GIRL this time!!!

Thanks

Cool lopsided me

Have this problem too... I noticed that the breast that has more fibro-cysts is less likely to swell if I stay away from caffeine. Its better for your body, all around to avoid soda, coffee, tea, etc.

Also, as you probably already know, there are a lot of bras out there with removeable padding... just remove the padding from the bigger breast and that should help even things out there.

I was self-conscious about it for a long time, but my husband, then boyfriend, didn't have any problems when I "revealed" myself for the first time and I realized that worrying about it was a waste of time. Plus, he says its more attractive to see a woman flaunt, rather than hide...

Your boyfriend will probably be so happy to SEE you, he will not care.

linni linni bo binni ba.. linni's Avatar
    Thanks

my sister went to the doctor with this same problem before. His advice to her was to join the circus.... i guess that could be an option?? juuuuuuust kidding. my guess is, by his response, that nothing other than surgery or of course like the other ladies suggested padded bras.

good luck!
    lynn

Thanks

I had the same problem F on one side and DD on the other. I used all the little fillers used for masectomies and got bathingsuits for masectomy clothing stores till I got sick of it.

I had a breast reduction done on one side. I am so happy I did it, it was the best thing for me I had it done 11 years ago and it made me so much more confident and secure with myself. My insurance covered it because I had back problems due to the heaviness of them and ridges in my shoulders from my bra straps. Even if insurance hadnt paid for it, I would still have saved up for it and had it done. I am not usually pro surgery at all. Hospitals scare me. However, when it comes to feeling better about yourself I say go for it if it will make you happy. My healing was about 2 weeks. I spent three days in the hospital (I think its less now) and wore a special kind of bra and I took a shower five days after surgery to wash my top part. It hurt dont get me wrong but for two weeks of pain it is worth it for my self esteem.

I understand why implants scare you because its a foreign substance. Thats why I chose to reduce. Its a personal decision and I would just think about it and research it thoroughly. If you do decide to go that route make sure your doctor has done plenty of breast augmentation surgerys. They keep pictures of their clients from the neck down and I am sure he has had someone who had assymetrical breasts so you can look at before and after pics.

Good Luck with your decision

Shelly

Thanks

Thanks for the responses girls! I am really glad to know that others have this problem as drastically as I do (not that I am glad that you have it ofcourse!)

Shelly, I was actually thinking about this the other day. The thing is that my biggest breast is a C cup and I dont think I want it shrunk down to an A or so. On the other hand it would be nice not to be lopsided....

Thanks again

Currently on Yasmin
    Live in Manhattan and go to NYU ! Would love to hang out some time!

25 y/o

**All the things we like as human beings are either immoral, illegal, or fattening**

Start weight: 175
    Goal: lose 35 pounds
    First Day on Nutrisystem: 1/27/06

Thanks

I feel for you! I have had the uneven breast thing for at least the last 6 years (I can remember it since 8th grade) I have always hated wearing bras, and I think this is why. I do the sports bra thing ALL the time, partly because I ride horses every day (can't do that w/out support!) but also because I can NOT find a bra that works! Its very depressing too because I have lost enough weight that I feel good enough about myself that I would wear nicer tops, but I won't because my bra shows, or it looks like crap cause of my boobs.
    My left breast is a large C with a large nipple, my right one is pointy, and a small B (if that) and has a small nipple. I recently had an ultrasound because of how different they are.. They're both normal tissue. But the nipple thing is just mortifying. My endo gave me the name of a surgeon cause she said insurance probably will pay for me to have it fixed since it is almost a "deformity."
    In high school I would fight with my mom about going to school, and until my senior year, I would hate school cause I would wear an unsedwire bra that was too small and my big boob would fall out.
    So I've had bad experiences.
    I'm going to talk to some doctors and hopefully have this fixed in January when I have no school for the month.
    I'm very aggravated, but you girls are not alone!!
    Beth

Thanks

Betty Boop,

I wondered if Nutrisystem worked for you? I am trying to lose weight, it is difficult but I lost 22lbs in 4mths. I am doing the Wii Fit Plus, and EA Active for Wii. Also watch what I eat and how much. Oh, I have similar issues with my breasts. My back has been hurting more, now that I have lost a bunch of weight. It is frustrating. How has everything been for you since this? I seen that you posted this message in 01.

Thanks

I'm a good size D on one said and a small C on the other. It took me a while to love my boobs, and my hubby helped a lot with gaining confidence on my lopsided breasts. According to him men don't care if they are two different sizes, very small or very large, they just love breasts...lol.

Thanks

Hmm... I don't think mine are necessarily different sizes but they are noticeably different and I always hated it... I thought I was the only one!
    Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm Canadian and almost 29. Things I love include books, cats, giraffes, snails, Spongebob Squarepants (don't judge me lol), and lots more. Take care!

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

If PCOS strikes early during puberty, it's not uncommon to have hypoplastic (underdeveloped) or 'tubular' shaped breasts. It's unfortunate when it affects one and not the other, but there is really very little to do about it, other then what's already been mentioned (padding or surgery). Women who go on to have babies may also find they have a low-supply of milk production, due to the lack of ducts/tissue. Many women have discovered that the use of Metformin throughout the pg has helped to establish a decent milk supply, so there is hope.
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Registered User ReverseTheCurse's Avatar
    Thanks

Having asymmetric breasts is about as common as having public hair. Most women have asymmetry of the breasts, however one breast may be ever so slightly larger than the other so it's not always noticeable. It's the same with eyes, nostrils, hands, and feet.. and the labia. Any "pairing" of our anatomy is bound to have a slight asymmetry to it. I too have one breast slightly larger than the other.

I would not suggest a breast augmentation. Even with the MRI's they do now for surgically enhanced women, they can still miss signs of breast cancer because of the obstructions (implants). Having breast tissue removed in your larger breast may be a perfect option for you; it would be far less expensive and way less invasive than an augmentation. There are special incisions they can make to move the nipple around without completely removing it and scarring you like crazy. Who knows maybe they might even be able to do laser liposuction on the larger breast, plastic surgeons are getting creative these days. I would suggest weighing your options. Speak with a plastic surgeon about the possibilities he or she has for you, and then seek a second opinion. Do your research, make sure they're board certified and have a great reputation. I understand why you would want to correct the issue, I'm all for plastic surgery and think it can help people immensely both physically and emotionally.
    -D-chiro-inositol
    -Vegetarian / Organic Diet
    -Morning Cardio + Resistance Training
    -Vitamins A, B12, B3, C, D, E, K
    Books- The Ultimate PCOS Handbook
    Treatments- Laser hair removal, Dermabrasion