Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Rash under breasts

Okay, so this isn't necessarily pcos related, but hoping someone out there can help. Lately I've developed a kind of rash under my breasts. I know it is from it being so hot and now that I am bigger, the fold under my breast is too and it is from sweating so bad there and having my bra rub. Any suggestions from anyone. I have already tried using baby powder to absorb the extra sweat and I even decided to try my son's desitin to see if that would help. It is getting pretty painful under there.

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Thanks

I took a suggestion from my doctor and used atheletes foot cream, like Lotramin or Tinactin. It doesn't prevent the problem, but it gets rid of it. I noticed once I got rid of the rash, It did not come back very quickly.
    Janna - 27
    DH to be Andy - 28
    Diagnosed 4/02
    Gluc XR 1500mg
    BCP
    375/319/175

Thanks

I found that a cotton bra (no underwires) and a quick spray of Solarcane in the morning keeps my rash away. And my rash was bad, it was red, sore, painful and it would weep pus. Yummy. I think the bra change was just as effective as the medication. Good luck!
    there is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportions.

Hidden Content I taste like Peanut Butter.

I am one of the most blendable flavours; I go with sweet, I go with sour, I go with bland, I go with anything. I am practical and good company, but have something of a tendency to hang around when I'm not wanted, unaware that my presence is not welcome. Hidden Content

Thanks

I use Shower to Shower powder daily...works alot better than baby powder for me. Just lean over and coat the area very well. I have been known to swipe my deodorant stick under there too..not too often and not if you have a rash/broken skin.

Thanks

My doctor told me to use anti fungal cream (actually, she suggested the same cream I was using for a yeast infection at the time!) Never really noticed where this did me any good at all though. The key for me seems to be to keep the area as clean and dry as possible. On hot days I wind up washing under my breasts 4-5 times a day, sometimes changing bras each time as well. I also use Gold Bond powder on it. It burns like CRAZY when you first put it on, especially if the rash has already gotten bad, but about 5 minutes later, the sting from the rash is completely gone, as is the awful smell of the pus. (Just make sure you wash it off before putting your breasts to use! Poooor DH.. :o )
    -Brandy
    Brandy(35) DH Dan(35)
    DS Samuel Sebastian(7) - Adopted from Colombia
    DD Isabelle Caiyi(7) - Adopted from China
    RNY Gastric Bypass surgery 1/30/09
    BFP 5/1/11! EDD 1/7/12!
    Follistim Ovidrel & IUI #5!
    It's a BOY! Hidden Content Bennett Micaiah Hidden Content

Thanks

Hey..

I have the same thing right now and I find if I dont keep after it especially in this hot weather it keeps on comin back...
    I change my bra everyday or everytime I shower and then I put some Penaten (baby arse cream) under there and then some more talc powder.. I find that keeps down the moisture which is the major cause of it down and it goes away...
    Also I was told about the anti-fungal cream but I ran out...but it worked as well...
    And all in the same breath..scented soaps or creams under there seem to irritate them as well....

Anyways good luck to you !

~*~ Everything happens for a reason ~*~

Thanks

Unhappy

This happens to me also. I've found Gold Bond powder to be the best thing to put on it. When I know that I'm going to be sitting for quite a while or when I stand in one spot (doing dishes) I'll place a hand towel under my breasts and that helps to absorb the excess moisture. Just don't forget you have it there and go to town! It might slip out - embarassing!
    Julia

Thanks

Hi ladies,
    I too get this. The best thing you can do when it is bad is to keep a wash cloth in between your skin and your bra. That way your bra won't rub on the already irritated skin. Use the Gold Bond powder also. The gold bond will dry the area and the wash cloth will prevent the bra from rubbing your skin and it will catch sweat.. Change it when you feel like it is wet.. (For any of you that work in a nursing home or know someone who works in one... The "disposable washcloths" work GREAT for this problem!)
    Hope this helps
    Amy-28
    PCOS
    Glucophage 500mg TID (currently not using due to breastfeeding)
    prenatals
    Synthroid 50mcg
    Husband-30
    Once a day multi vit for men
    Hidden Content

visit my website:
    http://alolpn.tripod.com/
    DS- born 8/30/04-8lb 10 oz
    9/1-8lb1oz
    9/8-8lb12oz
    9/15-9lb7oz (2 weeks old)
    11/2-14lb4oz (2 months old)

Thanks

I'm a big girl too and I have this problem, especially under the left breast as it has stretch marks right there that get red and inflamed.

I NEVER wear a bra with a wire. Sports bras are recommended. If you can get those babies up where they belong, you'll get less irritation underneath! A good way to judge is where your nipples are... if your nipples aren't in the nipple part of the bra (or close) then your bra is a bad fit. Most women wear bras that aren't the right fit! Go to Lane Bryant or similar, and ask to be measured for a bra. You might find out you've been wearing the wrong size!

Also I've found that nothing works better to clear up a heat rash like neosporin! Strange and sticky, but it works for me. A little neosporin on the rash overnight and some gold bond medicated powder in the morning (just a smidge) plus a good lift bra works wonders. And no wire!

PCOS+IR, Hypothyroidism
    Sleep Apnea (cured by tonsillectomy)
    30-Something Mommy of 2
    Logan Scott born April 9, 2004!
    Conor James born Nov 1, 2006.

Hidden Content   Hidden Content

Thanks

Default Rash under breasts

I often have this problem and have noticed it is fungal, and ITCHY too. Noticed a GREAT improvement when I bought a bunch of all cotton bras (no underwire either) and use a clean one every morning. Wal-Mart has them pretty cheap. Also use cornstarch baby powder after shower (never use talc!). Plus, make sure you dry yourself completely - everywhere! I use a blowdryer...

If the antifungal creams do not work, try Tea Tree Oil (a little expensive, but a little goes a long way). You can use a q-tip and swab a little on your infected area after your shower. You can usually find these in the beauty section of your grocery store, or at your natural foods stores.

knowlege=choice..thanks! dahvia ford's Avatar
    Thanks

Default crazy

hi i had this so bad once it creeped up to my nipple line and it was too painful. in desperation as it was itching and burning i spayed a little athletes foot spray on it. ohh it felt so cool and nice and healed it in a day!! i was worried it would burn the open areas but it didnt felt cool and nice i sprayed whenever they felt hot or sweaty and now i start at the first sign of redness and dont have this problem anymore.. crazy huh??
    dahvia
    "The mist is lifting slowly,I can see the way ahead and I've left behind the empty streets that once inspired my life..."
    justin hayward-I know you're out there somewhere

Thanks

I actually read about this recently in a magazine. It is actually a yeast infection of the skin- so I guess that is why all the anti-fungal treatments work so well.

Aimee

Thanks

My doc recommended using an anti-bacterial soap. Since then I have been using Dial Anti-bacterial Body Wash and haven't had any rashes. I highly recommend it!

Thanks

I too get this and hate it!! My dr gave me this medicated wash I use, it makes it go away but takes about a week! I've tried the otc yeast infections, they didn't help. I agree that it's fungal, I never thought of the foot sprays!! I'm gonna give it a try.. Lisa

Thanks

Hi,
    Please believe me when I say I have the answer to this. I am the bag balm spokes woman..hahaha...if you'd listen to me about this subject I would rattle on for hours. I swear by this stuff. It is over the counter and alot of times carried in your pharmacy. Just ask the pharmasist. It comes in a small green tin.. Its called bag balm. Farmers use it for cows nipples for chaffing. I had galding so bad under my breasts before I had a breast reduction. Lasted for months..Nothing would work. A lady at work told me about this and I bought some.. I was so inflamed... it was instant soothing..and was practically cleared up in a day. What I did was I applied a little under each breast everyday to keep it at bay. It was wonderful.. I have also burned my hand very very badly once. I didn't know what to do for the pain. Finally I thought of my cureall bag balm..Smeared it generosly over my blisted hand...put a sock over it .. I had those white grayish blisters and in five minutes I never felt pain from it again. Any time I get a oven or curling iron burn...out it comes... Please try this...It is amazing... Best of luck to you.
    LisaBl