Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Soon to be mama of two! sharleenia's Avatar
    Thanks

I am SOO glad I read this! This explains soooo much! I've got the inner thigh stuff too, and it's gross....painful....and embarassing.

I'll try what you all said.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    DS, Wyatt, born 11/18/08 @ 26 wks, 63 days in NICU
    Hidden Content
    SURPRISE +BFP 2/26/09

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Im glad to know Im not alone with this horrible acne problem. I get them alot on my inner thigh but I also get some in my armpit areas. Does anyone get them there as well?
    "Love your fate"
    Me (Kristina)23 & Hubby (Garry)24
    Married November 30,2008
    Furbaby (Saban) Hidden Content
    DX PCOS July 2008
    TTC naturally since Dec 2008

Meds: Metformin 1500mg (on hold)
    Prenatals, Soy 80mg, NPCHidden Content

Thanks

Nope, you aren't alone. I get them under my arms too. I get like blackkeads between my thighs and with occasional big puss, painful, places. But I also have places under my arms that will get red and irritated but if you squeeze them a little white stuff will come out super easily, but on occasion those will also get big and oozy and then afterwords the area is discolored it turns purple.
    I hate it!!!! I've had to deal with the places between my legs forever.
    I actually broke up with a guy I was seeing because he said the inner thigh was his favorite part of a woman, because its so soft and smooth. I knew I didn't want him t see mine.
    Something thats interesting though is that I live in Idaho and I went to a natural hot spring and though it didn't get rid of those places, after I was in the spring all the redness went away for about a week. I should bottle it!

Thanks

Im glad to finally understand what those darn things on my thighs are! lol. In the past 2years I have noticed I have a LOT of white heads on my thighs (which I attack and pop) but every so often, I get boil like ones, that i can feel lumpy and they turn really red and sometimes purple. They are so sore and so embarrassing! Luckily for me my bf is really understanding. What would we do without these great guys eh?

To make it worse, I get skin tags there too... Very very awkward lol

Thanks

I'm with ya girls. I have one place under my arm that is always inflamed. Also, I have the little bumps on my inner thighs and the big nasty ones every so often.

Thanks

I had that REALLY BAD esp when I was younger. I have scars from it. Metformin has helped me a lot with that, plus being on birth control. I sitll get the occasional one but I think they are ingrown hairs. My gyno said to stay on the met because my androgens ???! are causing it. Whatev.

Thanks

aargh! Another Cystic Acne sufferer here... These drive me batty! They come and just simply will not leave for months in the same spot. I've found that if (BIG IF) I leave them alone, they will go down in a few days, but never really go away. I am IR as well, so see the correlation. And the nasty things usually crop up in a place or two that is just simply uncomfortable!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Okay... so I have a couple of questions for you gorgeous ladies.

1. Do you ever get them on your bum as well?

2. Do you get them in the area between your ... area and thighs? Like right in the crease?

3. Where do you find tea tree oil and that salve stuff?

So, on that note, yes, I suffer from this, and I haven't found a fix. But, once again, you're so not alone.

Love my family of 4 :) lisattcbaby's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi ladies! I too have this. I get it between my thighs, the crease between the legs too, right under my belly buttton, and i get them under my arms. I had one one time on my hoohaa so big and painful i couldnt hardley get out of the bed. I also get the under my boobage. I hate it! I think weightloss for me might help because i didnt havt them when i was thinner and when i gained all my weight is when they started appearing. I have noticed though since ive been on metformin they have gotten a little better but not much. Good luck to all of u ladies and take care <3
    Me(Lisa) 31,Dh (Jason) 32 1 miscarriage 2004 1 ectopic 2010 DecemberMetforminER1500mg/prenatal vites
    I have a baby boy named Brantley 1 yr. old conceived on met and clomid
    Conceived again November 2012
    IT'S ANOTHER BOY Hidden Content ------> Chace Edward---> Due 8/18/2013
    Born August 13th, 2013 @ 11:42 a.m. by C-section weighing 10 lbs 1oz

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hello wow glad I found this article I've had my acne mainly on my inner thighs and my bum.They really do hurt alot I'm thinking it is a hormornal thing with me I get AF on time every month and i O'l on my own every month.I'm little over weight and a little hairy too.How do you get diagnosed for pcos

Thanks

Hey Shana,
    I totally get it I have it too. It sounds to me like you may have hidradenitis suppurativa. There is a thread on it with info from some of us that have the same problem. Good luck. I know its painful and embarrassing. Hopefully you can find something that will work for you.

Thanks

I think that mabe you should visit an endcrinologist and see if something underlying is going on. Could this be from insulin resistance? If so, mabe metformin can help. Do you shave or wax the area alot? If so, ingrone hairs could be making the problem worse. Mabe you could get layzer hair removal or electrolysis instead of shaving or waxing. Do you wear tight pants?
    I think you should see an endocrinologist as PCOS comes with many odd symptoms and ailments.

I'm a PC and I have PCOS tattooedfreak85's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amink View Post
    have you tried ickthymol?

it is an over the counter drawing salv. It can help draw out things like splinters to whites and black heads.

It is black though, and needs to be covered with gauze or will stain.
    I have the same problem. where do you find it at?
    Stephanie (23), Phil (DH, 29) Married 6/14/08
    Dx: 11/3/08
    Rx: Metformin 500mg 2x/day
    BFP: 8/07. m/c @ 6 weeks
    TTC #1 (again): 7/08
    BFP!!!!!!!: 2/3/09 EDD: 9/28/09

Thanks

I have not been diagnosed with PCOS and I am sad that so many of you have.
    I am looking for information on cystic acne of the inner thigh. My first memory of it was my mom taking me to the local Dr. about a Pilonidal dimple that I rem. weeping for weeks. I truthfully don't know if the Dr. knew what it was at that time, late 70's, early 80's. I still have a scar from the dimple, although it has not weeped since. I also have early memories of having these sores on my thighs. I truthfully had no idea it actually had a medical name. I can't rem. not having these sores. I have always called them infected blood blisters, for the lack of anything better to call it. I would REALLY appreciate any information on where I could see "actual pictures" of the inner thigh with these sores or what I now believe is cystic acne of the inner thigh. I have googled my self into complete confusion. I can find pictures of the face, but not the inner thigh. I need to see it, to compare it with what I have to be sure that I have what I think I have. I have spent all my life, as far back as I can rem. embarrassed about these sore, it seems hormonal for me and they flare up around the time of my period. I am wondering if I have laser treatment or laser hair removal if it would help at all, I am terribly scared from this disorder.

Thanks

Smile Finally I found others !

[I have had these sores of the inner thigh for so long that I can't remember not having them. They are sometimes so painful that I have trouble walking. I get the blackheads as well as what I call " infected blood blisters" they are very huge at times and very painful. I am so grateful for this site, I have always felt alone and embarrassed with this. Thank you for letting me know you are out there.