Thanks

Default sore glands, but not swollen?

i have really sore glands, on the right side under my jaw,,, this has been for about 1 week now,, they are not swollen at all,, my throat is not sore.... i went to the doctor who was not too concerned ans said that it might be a viral infection and will go away,, he did do blood with, and i am waiting on the results.... over the weekend though i have been extremly tired,,, and the pain has not lessed at all,,, anyone have this or know what this might be?
    i had the thought that maybe it is a dental issue,, but none of my teeth inside my mouth are sore? and i would think if it was dental it would get worse?

Stays crunchy when wet PaintedDaisy's Avatar
    Thanks

It could be a dental issue, especially if your ear and head is hurting too. Dental issues don't always get worse. . .sometimes the nerves die and then you don't feel anything at all. Definitely not good when that happens, but usually you'll go through a period of intense pain before it goes away.

But if it's just your lymph nodes, then it's really nothing to worry too much about. Whenever we get sick, our bodies attack the infection and send the bad guys to the nearest lymph nodes for "processing". Since the lymph nodes in your neck hurt, then whatever infection it found was probably in your throat or sinuses, or someplace nearby. But the thing to know is that lymph nodes can get sore and swollen easily, even if you aren't aware of an infection in the first place. Since you said you've been tired, that tells me that likely your body WAS fighting something, it just didn't give you any obvious symptoms and now your lymph nodes are taking care of the critters for good. The other thing to know is that lymph nodes can stay swollen or sore long past the inital infection, so don't necessarily expect the soreness to go away immediately. With me, they usually stay sore for a few weeks at the minimum and when I got mono a few years ago, they hurt for about 8 months. Annoying for sure, but not terribly alarming. Now, I'd say that if they stay sore for a very long time, then go back to see the doctor because it could have something more serious. But if it they hurt for a few weeks, then it's not something to really worry about much. After all, that's what lymph nodes are for.

So basically, it sounds like your doc is doing everything right. Follow his recommendations and take it easy. I hope you have an easy recovery and start feeling better soon. {{{HUGS}}}

Leila (28), DH (32)
    Darling girl E - 4/27/05
    Darling boy N - 4/1/08

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content