Thanks

Default Hair under the skin -- yuck

Now I really feel like a freak! As I was looking in my magnifying mirror, I saw what looked like 2 pencil marks on my face. Upon closer inspection, no it's not pencil marks, but hairs growing below my skin. The entire length of the hair is under my skin. I poke at it with a needle and pull it out so I can tweeze it, and I'm absolutely mortified. They are literally 3/4 of an inch long. Anyone else ever have these?
    Hidden Content
    2 "furkids" (Labs)

Thanks

Yes, I HAVE had this happen to me too! it wasn't on my face- I noticed it on my shin when I was talking to a friend on my phone- I pulled a almost 3" hair from my leg that was growing under my skin! Hmmm....kinda fun!
    Current Med Routine:
    -No More Rx meds!
    Inositol 1000mg

I did take Metformin XR 1500 (d/c 9/07)
    Actos 45 mg (d/c 8/07)
    Paxil 20mg (d/c (last dose) 8/07)
    Zantac 150 (as needed)
    LOST 30# after stopping these......???
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I've had this happen. Take comfort--my husband has too. Maybe it's not just a PCOS thing.
    J. I.
    Married 6/4/05, DSS, 12 and DSD, 9. Dx 7/8/2005.
    Prenatals, Calcium only.
    R1 of Clomid--50 mgs O'd very late in cycle, BFP, M/C 11/4/05.
    R2, R3, R4--all Bust-no O. Round 5--200mgs 5/26/06, O!! P4 at 18.something, BFP 6/19/06!!

Hidden Content

Loves me...Loves me not Dazee52's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey girls....

That was another thread I started about ingrown hairs. ....
    I too use a needle to tweeze them out, but it leaves a scar on my face. It drives me nuts!! I exfoliate using a facial cleanser by aveeno but after a few uses my skin drys up and cracks...I find it worse after I use my nair face cream. Anyone else??
    Oh the joys of PCOS.....
    Hiritism, IR, Hair-AN, Irregular Periods, Right side dull pain.
    Currently on 500mg extended release Met and trying for organic diet.

Thanks

I have had that before too...it cracks me up to pull a huge long hair out of my chin!!

Well doesn't crack me up too much, it is really kind of mortifying! I also have had those long hairs just suddenly pop out of the skin, and it looks horrible!!
    Kristi Hidden Content 25
    What have you done today
    to make you feel PROUD?

Thanks

Alpha hydroxy acids cured mine straight away! I hated them, too.
    MD formulations or Murad

Thanks

I get these too - and there is a perverse kind of satisfaction in finally getting the little buggers out!

I find exfoliating works REALLY well in preventing them (I exfoliate right before I shave) as does keeping your skin moisturised and soft. If you do get them, then try not to dig with a needle, as this gives scarring. Put a hot face washer on your skin, or steam your face to open up the pores (or have a good hot shower). Then try to find the pore opening and then give a little squeeze to ease part of the hair out. Then use tweezers to pull it out or the tip of a needle to just hook the hair to give you enough to tweeze. Don't break your skin with the needle - just use it like a crochet hook to pull the hair to an accessible point.

Hope this helps!
    K

Thanks

[QUOTE=sleepydumpling]I get these too - and there is a perverse kind of satisfaction in finally getting the little buggers o

I get the ingrown hairs and the pervese satisfaction of getting them out...I get alot of mine on my stomach and breasts though...DF had one on his back EW!

Thanks

not had these yet, touch wood, but im worried that i might start gettin em. .......*hugs to my gorgeous cysters*
    Hidden Content http://runtime.widgetbox.com/syndication/track/9e9f6b2b-b81b-4c2c-a3e1-5ffdf7431f92.gif" />Hidden Content

Formerly KimbearlySue Ka Mai Kim's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never had them on my face, but I do get them on my chest alot. They are terrible. I am too scared to "dig" them out with a needle, as the couple times I have tried I have ended up with terrible red marks that took a while to go away. Sometimes the ingrown hairs get infected too, which really sucks.
    -- Kim --

Hidden Content Me - 28 DH - 34 Hidden Content
    Married 6/29/2007!

Hidden Content

Dx February 2003

Thanks

Hi all, I'm one of those women who has low male hormone levels, but high in my skin... Per my Endo. I have some hair on my chest, a lot on my chin and sides.

I get ingrown hairs from tweezeing, and after many many years of tweezing I have a larg long dark ring under my chin and other small dark spots on my sides that I find unpleasing and depressing.. I'm African American medium dark complexion, like Oprah. The dark spots are right there for everyone to see. I just started two wks ago using an organic all natural exfoliate bar, created by this Jamaican guy. It was suggested by a make-up counter sales woman at Marshall Fields and this Jamaican gentleman (who owns his own spa) He said just use it in the specific areas 4x a week. They both said, it should help with lightening the ring up, as well he suggested African Shea butter. Not just any.. I notice the African Shea butter he had was more softer and brokedown easier than the ones I've bought in the co-op grocery stores. I did read they are not all alike, and that they are good for getting ride of dark spots.. I want to buy a facial cream bleach, but I am afraid to use them, except for the ones I read are all natural organic from plans and herbs.

I'm talking to a man with possibility of getting married. I've told him I have facial hair and in other places, he feels that's between me and him, and no one else. Oh, well.. We'll see.. I plan on getting my act together and going laser.. In a few wks I"ll be 40, starting to really like myself, and want this clean look for me.

Denise, who needs to re-join WW like yesterday.
    In God, I put all my trust...

Thanks

I've done this surgery on myself, too. Just make sure you use the smallest-gauge needle you can find, and use neosporin after you're done. It will help prevent scarring.
    Dominici was born May 2006!
    Hidden Content

Miracle Baby Boy Rivelino, born too early to live on October 6, 2004 at 24 weeks and 6 days. Never to be forgotten, always to be remembered, forever my source of inspiration.

college going cyster! oaktreegirl's Avatar
    Thanks

I get ingrown hairs on my legs sometimes. Usually I only notice them after the shower when my skin is soft. Sometimes I can gently scratch away the skin covering the ingrown hair with my fingernails.
    Although now I may try Sleepy's technique.
    I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
    - Helen Keller