Thanks

Default wellbutrin didn't work for me

I tried taking Wellbutrin and it only made me feel worse. The mood swings are horrible and I really hate taking all this medicine everyday. Right now I'm taking 1000mg of Met. twice a day and finally think my body is finally getting used to it. I really don't want to take something else everyday. Has anyone else tried take a mild nerve pill (Adavan) for when they are having a bad day? I know I'm driving my family crazy and need to find something to help me.

So in Love with my Kids! sleepy_214's Avatar
    Thanks

Im sorry you're feeling so bad. I haven't been on adavan, but I have been on Paxil and serafem. Neither worked great for me. I did try Zoloft too, but that made me worse. I've been on a combo of Wellbutrin XR and Lexapro for about 3 months now and I feel great. I guess my Psych says that I need both because I am deficient in Seratonin, norepinephrin (sp?) and dopamine... the wellbutrin balances the norepinephrine giving me the get up and go... and the Lexapro does the dopimine... keeping my mood even keel and my sleep more productive. I know that Wellbutrin is a stimulant and can causeyour moods to be irratic if the dose is too high, and it doesn't help everyone...

My point is.... in the past my general practitioners are the ones that Rx the depression drugs and none worked well... I think they only rx what they have samples of ... ie: whatever the drug reps are pushing that month.... My advice is to go see a Psychiatrist. Mine tested me thouroghly (written test and observation, not blood work) and through the results found out EXACTLY what I needed ... It's made such a difference in the quality of my life... I just can't emphisize it enough!
    Don't feel weird about a psychiatrist either... just think of it this way... for a spacific GYN problem you wouldn't see a podiatrist , right? So, why should you see a general Dr for phycological issues? YOu deserve to find what works for you, and to feel good. Good luck and best wishes.
    6/08 Dx with Cushing's Disease , surgery date TBA
    Thanks for the advice all these years and good luck to all.

Thanks

I'm sorry you're having a hard time too. I know what you're going through. I've now been on 3 different antidepressants in the last 2 and a half months! I started with effexor which made my bp go up and I had awful nightmares then my doc switched me to wellbutrin and my bp was still up and the last couple of days I've been moody and fighting with my husband. Yesterday I went to my doctor and she now has me on zoloft 25mg. It's so frustrating!! sleepy_214, I like what you had to say about a psychiatrist. My doctor has set me up an appointment to see one so I can make sure I get the right meds for me. I hope It finally gets worked out!