Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks

I found this really informative and interesting. I'm bisexual and also have PCOS and cycle between feeling ultra masculine, and girly and feminine.

Thanks

It really is fascinating research.

Thanks

I'm surprised by the high number of bi girls on this board, I expected to find more lesbians. I wonder if it means anything in terms of PCOS

Registered User SaphireScorpion's Avatar
    Thanks

I find this interesting. I considered myself heterosexual until I was 18 (and I was for sure boy crazy!) but that summer I started to notice more and more that I was very attracted to women. That is also around the same time my PCOS symptoms became obvious. Connection? Who knows? I prefer to date men because they seem to fit my personality better, but I have met women that I would have pursued had I not been in a relationship at the time. Hubby is also bi, although he didn't know that when we met!

Thanks

I've been with my partner for six years. We joked about my imbalanced hormones being he reason for my gayness - statistically, the evidence is interesting. However love is spiritual/emotional, not physical. And hey, she is gay and has nno pcos.

I think whats more likely, is that the hormone imbalance could effect gender iidentity which in turn, could place you in positions and scenarios that were likely to heighten the chances of your sexuality being fluid.

Thanks

is there any one here who could help me? im a lesbian with pcos would like to hear some sucess storys on this subject please, and maybe help me in which direction to go .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clairebella View Post
    is there any one here who could help me? im a lesbian with pcos would like to hear some sucess storys on this subject please, and maybe help me in which direction to go .
    What do you consider "success"?

Joy

Thanks

I am Bi-Curious and Androgynous, I always have been since I was young. When I found out I had PCOS and Hypo, I often wondered if thats why I am Bi-Crurious and Androgynous. Now I know :3

Thanks

This is interesting, and it makes me curious about it. Most certainly a good read.

Registered User CraftasaurusRex's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey all! I'm new here, and had to join so I could comment. I'm still waiting in my diagnosis, but as the all seeing Magic 8 Ball says, "all signs point to yes."
    It is funny, because I had actually been wondering about correlations between the two, and when I spotted (and immediately clicked!) the "Rainbowed cysters" link on the main page, lo and behold most posts are about this.

I have personally thought several times that it is good that this is happening to me rather than someone who is trying to have children. I realize that me possibly having this doesn't in any way mean someone else doesn't, but I find it bizarrely comforting. My partner and I have been together for 3 1/2 years, and she has Multiple Sclerosis. We don't want kids, but even if we did I don't think we would be planning for any, because dealing with her condition alone is so draining.

It is early in the morning here and I'm waiting for coffee to brew, so this is probably rambling a bit, and I don't even think this is the correct spot to introduce myself, but I'm so new that the board won't let me create a new thread. So, it is what it is.

I was finally seen by a doctor a week ago after a year of trying to get tested for PCOS. I've got an app that lets me see my test results as they come in, and I've been checking them against things I've found on this board. Everything seems to follow the norm for PCOS, so now I'm just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for them to call me in for a followup appointment. I gave my boss a heads up yesterday so that she wouldn't be surprised when I needed time off for yet another appointment, and she informed me that most of the women in her family have PCOS. And most of them have had Hysterectomies. So now, I'm a bit panicked.

Anyway, I think it is great that the Soul Cysters forum exists, and even greater that there is a Rainbowed Cysters subforum. I'm excited to be able to talk to like-minded individuals with the same problem.

Done now! I think my coffee has finished brewing

Thanks

That's so weird about the finger thing. My ring finger is slightly longer than my index. So, women who get this from diabetes or weight changes in life - they do not have the finger thing b/c they weren't pre-disposed to have it? I always thought I got PCOS b/c I became too thin in my late teens and that permanently offset my cycles. I had normal cycles till I was around 18. I've never had male characteristics, I mean other than I have a few irregular hairs here and there and will get a slight mustache if I don't shave my upper lip. This is really awkward to ask, but if you labia is visible and/or goes beyond the outer walls, is that considered a male characteristic? Or I should say is it more common in PCOS women (it's not really a male characteristic but maybe influenced by male hormones)? Mine is visible and sticks out a bit at the bottom. I always thought this was usual b/c I'd never seen other women before. When I changed my cousin's diaper, I noticed hers wasn't that way and when I started looking at adult pictures, I noticed some were, some weren't but it seems most common for the inner labia to be completely hidden.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I was bi-curious for years never acted on it I had the chance many times, but I get disgusted thinking about having sex with a woman. I do however find curvy women beautiful. I don't have any issues having sex with men, so I do believe our hormones can get us to be a certain way. fyi I would never have an issue coming out the closet my father is gay and his mother was bisexual my parents love me no matter what, so i consider myself straight .
    My name Is Barbara. 23 years old. Diagnosed with pcos and Hypothyroid in April 2013.
    I am making lifestyle changes to better control my battle with pcos and my thyroid issues.
    January 2013 230 pounds,August 2013 184.6, September 181.4, November 169.4, December 167.2
    Currently taking Metformin 500mg twice daily and Synthroid.
    "carpe diem" "Seize the Day"

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    Google on "digit ratio" and you'll find plenty.

In a nutshell, it goes like this:
    In women the index finger is normally longer than the ring finger.
    In men, the ring finger is normally longer than the index finger.

It's a function of early fetal exposure to testosterone.

If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, the chances are that your brain has also been exposed to male-type levels of testosterone during its early development as has the rest of your body.

If you're a woman and your ring finger is longer than your index finger, the chances are high that you'll have significant male characteristics and there's also a much higher incidence of lesbianism among women with ring fingers longer than index fingers.

FWIW, my ring fingers are both longer than my index fingers. I'm definitely heterosexual, but I do recognize a lot of male characteristics in myself -- underdeveloped breasts, male-type facial hair etc.
    My index finger and ring finger look about the same but I checked and it looks like my ring finger is longer by a mm I don't have masculine looks or a body the most that I say with me is that I am hairy
    Last edited by barbarella1990; 09-16-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    My name Is Barbara. 23 years old. Diagnosed with pcos and Hypothyroid in April 2013.
    I am making lifestyle changes to better control my battle with pcos and my thyroid issues.
    January 2013 230 pounds,August 2013 184.6, September 181.4, November 169.4, December 167.2
    Currently taking Metformin 500mg twice daily and Synthroid.
    "carpe diem" "Seize the Day"

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maiseycat View Post
    That's so weird about the finger thing. My ring finger is slightly longer than my index. So, women who get this from diabetes or weight changes in life - they do not have the finger thing b/c they weren't pre-disposed to have it? I always thought I got PCOS b/c I became too thin in my late teens and that permanently offset my cycles. I had normal cycles till I was around 18. I've never had male characteristics, I mean other than I have a few irregular hairs here and there and will get a slight mustache if I don't shave my upper lip. This is really awkward to ask, but if you labia is visible and/or goes beyond the outer walls, is that considered a male characteristic? Or I should say is it more common in PCOS women (it's not really a male characteristic but maybe influenced by male hormones)? Mine is visible and sticks out a bit at the bottom. I always thought this was usual b/c I'd never seen other women before. When I changed my cousin's diaper, I noticed hers wasn't that way and when I started looking at adult pictures, I noticed some were, some weren't but it seems most common for the inner labia to be completely hidden.
    Labia vary greatly from woman to woman -- and over a lifetime. The only thing that would point reliably to significant testosterone influence would be a significantly-enlarged clitoris. Post-menopause it's quite common for the labia to atrophy and thus shrink very considerably.

Joy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbarella1990 View Post
    My index finger and ring finger look about the same but I checked and it looks like my ring finger is longer by a mm I don't have masculine looks or a body the most that I say with me is that I am hairy
    Don't make more of the digit ratio than is appropriate. Your ring and index fingers are about the same length so you're not particularly masculinized. If your ring fingers had been shorter, you might not have been quite so hairy. If your ring fingers had been significantly longer -- say 8-10mm longer than your index fingers, you might expect to be significantly more masculinized. Remember that all that the digit ratio indicates is that in the first three months of fetal life you were exposed to male levels of testosterone and your body sensitized to respond to testosterone to which you might be exposed in later life. It doesn't mean that you are actually going to be exposed to high levels of testosterone in adult life.

Joy