Thanks

Question I have a dent in my thigh

On my left thigh, approximately 5 inches from my knee, I have a noticeable dent in the outside of my leg. I first noticed it about 4 weeks ago, and it just keeps getting more and more pronounced. It's very visible with the naked eye, and you can feel it very well with your hand. The area above the dent, where it bulges out again, is sometimes very sore, and it feels as if there is some kind of knot in there, but I'm not sure. My right leg has only the slighted indention in the same spot, which can only be felt and not seen, but the left leg now has what looks like a huge dimple in it. (And we all know that dimples in thighs are never good. )

Everyone I've shown has been at first shocked and then confused by it, and not one person has a clue what it could be. I suppose I should go to the doctor about it, but I go SO MUCH already that I try to limit my visits to serious problems. Does anyone think this is serious? I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks.
    Me (39), Dan (37), married 5/5/06 Hidden Content
    dx PCOS 1/03
    245/208/140

Thanks

Ive never heard of thiis before. I think you should see the doctor just to be on the safe side.
    Diagnosed-PCOS & endometriosis.
    Symptoms- IR, Irregular AF, & Yo-yo weight beggining at 11 y/o.

sugeries-Laperoscopy w/ovarian drilling, hysteroscopy,D&C.

TTC since 10/08
    BFP 100mgs clomid-M/C at 6 weeksHidden Content

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. Harvey Fierstein

Thanks

This seems to be more common than I would have thought.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=75509&page=5

I think you should see a doc and watch the site for any changes.

Do you take any kind of shots in that area?

Thanks

I have a dent in my hip from where I was hit by a car in 2nd grade. It's just always been there. It was painful at the time, but not anymore.
    Hidden Content Heather (39, DH 42)
    BFP 3/9/11
    M/C 4/3/11 @ 7weeks
    BFP 9/3/11
    Saw and heard hb! 9/22/11
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I have noticed a dent in both my thighs recently but I thought it was from my office chair.
    More than any pill, regular exercise can cure most of the problems of PCOS.

We will either find a way or make one --- Hannibal.

Thanks

Thanks guys for the replies. Jashobeam, I started freaking out reading that other message board. Muscle deteriorating disease?!?! But I seriously doubt that's what I have, and the picture someone posted (on the next page) doesn't look like my leg at all. I've never had a steriod injection or any type of injection in that leg, so I'm still confused but somewhat relieved that someone else has experienced this.

I guess I'll suck it up and go to the doctor. I just hope he doesn't laugh at me.

Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on you guys!!
    dx PCOS 1/03
    245/208/140

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrewM
    Thanks guys for the replies. Jashobeam, I started freaking out reading that other message board. Muscle deteriorating disease?!?! But I seriously doubt that's what I have, and the picture someone posted (on the next page) doesn't look like my leg at all. I've never had a steriod injection or any type of injection in that leg, so I'm still confused but somewhat relieved that someone else has experienced this.

I guess I'll suck it up and go to the doctor. I just hope he doesn't laugh at me.

Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on you guys!!
    If it makes you feel better I once went to the doc with a cold thinking it was strep. I was so embarrassed, but it was better than not knowing

Thanks

I have noticed a dent in both my thighs recently but I thought it was from my office chair.
    Arina, I have been pondering your post all day. I sit indian style in my chair all day long, and the arm rest pushes into my leg EXACTLY in the shape of the dent. Because of the way I cross my legs, it pushes more into the left side than the right, but the small one on the right leg also corresponds to the indention. CAN this be the cause? I NEVER would have thought that my chair could affect my body in such a noticeable way, but it's hard to ignore the fact that the arm rest fits so perfectly into the dent.

Maybe the pressure is redistributing the fat on my thigh. Is that possible? (If this IS the cause, I'd really rather not show it to my doctor.)
    dx PCOS 1/03
    245/208/140

Thanks

I have a small dent where my office chair pushes on my outside thigh. I haven't really worried about it before, I figured it was just an issue with my fat!