Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User stargazer120101's Avatar
    Thanks

Question how long does it take for vitex to work?

I have started taking vitex 1000mg aday. I bought it from GNC so I hope it works. I was wondering how long you have to take it befoe you see any changes .I also was wondering when and if af came did you experince any cramping and sore bb's. I am having some mild cramping but I am unsure if it is af , I don't have sore bb's so I am confused. I am having pains in my ovaries though. Any replies would be great.Thanks
    Nikki
    DH Jason
    TTC#1Since 2002Hidden Content

Thanks

If you're taking it to regulate your AF, mine worked after 4 weeks of taking it everyday.

I don't know if it will help with TTC-- all I have ever heard /read is that it will help balance hormones.

Thanks

some people it helps right away and some it can take 6mon-year to help

Thanks

For me it seems to help right away
    Melissa 28
    My DH 28
    Angel baby Mason 5/13/07
    DD-Piper born 4/29/09
    Married 11/23/2002
    Dx 2000
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

My skin had cleared a lot within 4 weeks, but I think it can take up to 6 months to work. Also, I read somewhere that you're supposed to take it literally the second you wake up in the morning. I kept mine by my bed with a glass of water and this is what I did, I never missed one either. Although on the packet it said to take it with food.

Thanks

Vitex worked for me in six weeks. I was taking Saw Palmetto, Simplex F, Fish Oil, Vitamin B and Prenatal all along with it. I took it twice a day. I noticed that right before AF arrived I was very irritable and moody. I also got really painful cramping too.

Thanks

For me it took 3 weeks, and then I had first ov in my life.
    But for others I have read it can take up to 6 months.
    Tiina
    -------------
    30 yrs,dh 30

Vitex, L-Thyroxin, Soy

DS Freddy Aleksander born July 22, 2003 (my "herbal" baby)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

TTC #2 from January 2004

Registered User living 2 be alive's Avatar
    Thanks

IT took about a month to work for me.
    I am a Christian Parent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer120101
    I have started taking vitex 1000mg aday. I bought it from GNC so I hope it works. I was wondering how long you have to take it befoe you see any changes .I also was wondering when and if af came did you experince any cramping and sore bb's. I am having some mild cramping but I am unsure if it is af , I don't have sore bb's so I am confused. I am having pains in my ovaries though. Any replies would be great.Thanks
    I take it that you are taking Vitex agnus castus. I started taking it for two months and I have just started my period. I also started acupuncture and had anly two sessions before my period came. I think it was the combination of both that worked for me. I am 25 years of age and only ever had three natural periods but alternative therapy really does work. Dont give up hope. Good luck.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by katlafemme
    Hi All.
    I have been on Vitex just four days shy of a month. Everything was fine but the last few days I have been cramping, very VERY agitated and irritable, feel very angry.
    Is this normal?

The last time I had an actual period was probably 8 months ago. I go a very long time without a period because of PCOS and an ovarian cyst. Should I not be taking Vitex with an ovarian cyst? I am worried about getting endometriosis since I never get my period!

Also I have been using progesterone cream and was having wonderful results with that- but should I be taking Vitex & progesterone cream?

HELP!!!
    I'm no expert, but I don't think you should use the vitex and natural progesterone at the same time. I think the vitex helps to increase your progesterone and if your using NPC at the same time it may be too much. just my opinion.
    Diagnosed-PCOS & endometriosis.
    Symptoms- IR, Irregular AF, & Yo-yo weight beggining at 11 y/o.

sugeries-Laperoscopy w/ovarian drilling, hysteroscopy,D&C.

TTC since 10/08
    BFP 100mgs clomid-M/C at 6 weeksHidden Content

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. Harvey Fierstein

Registered User AFpleasevisitme's Avatar
    Thanks

Been searching EVERYWHERE for answers. I'm currently taking 1000 MG/day as well. Immediately felt cramping, it's been ongoing actually, but still no AF. It will be a month in a couple of days. I hope I can find some more info. on this website...Good luck!

Thanks

i started with 2000mg of vitex and lowered it every 6 weeks, i'm now down to 400 mgs a day but i haven't had any luck. I've been on it for 4.5 months so i'm trying to stick it out and see. i initially got cramps and thought it was going to work but they went away.
    DX with PCOS November 2009
    No Cycles
    July 2011 Supplements/Vitamins: B-Complex, Baby Asprin, 300 mcg Synthroid, Prenatals, Evening Primrose Oil 1500 mg
    Still No Cycles
    Added Metformin ER 2000 mg 9/27/11
    Quit Vitex and got period 12/21/11!!!
    Soy Isoflavones 80mg CD 3-7 (BFN but 30 day cycle!!!)
    Soy Isoflavones Round 2 Start 1/21/12 CD 3-7 (80, 100, 120, 140, 160)

Thanks

I will start out by saying that there is no guarantee it will work at all. However, for some it certainly does. It basically started working immediately for me. But I know for others it took months before it started working for them.

It made me ovulate first. I got pregnant during that unexpected ovulation, but sadly, I miscarried very early. I started taking it again the M/C ended and got AF on CD 40 after the m/c. I think it took so long to get AF b/c my body was still funky post m/c. I think I O'd during that cycle, but not until late and there was no way we caught the eggie, I think we used up all of our good bedroom time earlier in the month, lol. Prior to AF I felt some cramping and some breast pain. But of course AF symptoms can register differently in all of us. I just started it again as AF was leaving the building and we'll see what this month holds. My advice is, if you are feeling something, stick with it for a while.
    Rachel (26) together seven years (married 5) to awesome husband (29)
    TTC for years, no luck with clomid.
    M/C 10-17 after total surprise BFP
    "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." - The Doctor
    Fertility Friend and I are on a break. Not tracking right now, but always hopeful.

Registered User LucasMomTTCing#2's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi there! I am taking Vitex, it's been a week...I just wanted to ask you about you 'herbal baby'...which herbs helped you? I'm TTCing my #2....THank you!

Thanks

Hello, I am currently nursing my 8 month old and have not had a period. I have pcos and wanted to try to get a normal period. Is it safe for me to take herbs and supplements like vitex at this time?