Thanks

Question What kind/brand of yogurt is OK on low carb diet?

I used to eat Yoplait fat free yogurt. Now I eat Blue Bunny carb freedom because it has less carbs than the Yoplait. However, I don't really like the Blue Bunny low carb, it has an aftertaste.

I found out after gaining a few pounds last week, that I am very sensitive to carbs. Does it matter with yogurt, since yogurt counts as a protien?

Should I be able to switch back to Yoplait with no consequences? If so, should I go with the regular, or fat free? whichever one has the less carbs? I don't think Yoplait makes a low carb. Seems each brand of yogurt has their own taste.

thanks!
    35 yrs old
    TTC for 1 1/2 years, Kieran born July 6 2006
    Hidden Content

Life begins at conception SaraW26's Avatar
    Thanks

HI...i know you said you don't like the blue bunny LC, and i agree it does have an aftertaste. but i really like the vanilla creme flavor by blue bunny. i've added strawberries or blueberries which make it really yummy! i live in a very rural area, so we don't have a lot of choices.

sorry if i wasn't much help.....hopefully someone else will have more ideas for ya.
    [CENTER] ME~33~DH~38~DS~2
    3 Angel babies~Hidden Content
    10/26/2007...Septum Resection Surgery for septated uterus

Thanks

I really really like the Dannon Carb Control yogurts. I think they have 3g carb per serving. They taste a little different than yogurt, but they are yummy. I don't like regular yogurt, but I enjoy these.
    Happily married; 1 amazing daughter born 12/06.
    short term weight loss goal: 20lbs by year's end
    long term weight loss goal: 65 lbs overall
    Hidden Content
    "I'm not lazy. I'm simply judicious about excess movement." -Jen Lancaster

Thanks

Dannon Carb Control is great, but for the price, Kroger Brand Carb Master, I like them as well, 3 ng, .39 each.

Thanks

Make your own flavored yogurt. Get a nice brand of plain yogurt -- depending on where you live, Stonyfield farm is good (even the fat free and low fat have good mouth feel, and the regular is really good), the best is Total Greek style (available at Trader Joes and Whole Foods). The Total comes in fat free (which is awesome) and in 2%, which is so incredible you wouldn't believe it. I have found that many of the mass market brands are too watery, sour and thin, especially the fat free ones.

Add your own sweetener -- like a packet of splenda, some flavor extract (vanilla, almond or lemon all do nicely), and some fresh berries, or some of the flavored sugar-free syrups do well. (Davinci makes a blueberry one). Here's what I do at work each day -- I keep in my desk drawer splenda packets, a shaker of cinnamon and some dehydrated coffee granules -- either regular or the nescafe flavored ones. I put in a packet of splenda, a healthy dash of cinnamon, and a small spoon of the coffee granules. Makes a lovely yogurt. I've never liked any of the sugar-free preflavored ones. If the yogurt is tripping you up, it may be because of the the additives the flavored ones have.

Thanks

I used the Hood Carb Countdown yogurt but they have discontinued making them because of poor sales.
    Meds: Glucophage 1000 mg 2 x a day. Byetta 5 mcg 2 x a day, Chromium 500 mg 2 x a day,