Thanks

Default Small blood filled bumps on labia

Hello everyone, sorry for this graphic post.

I removed all the hair from down below, and I noticed about 4 small, red, blood filled bumps on my outer labia. They are about the size of 3 pinheads. I have no idea what these are and I'm kind of scared. They bleed very easily and a lot.

Does anyone have any idea what these are, and what I should do?

Thanks so much

Thanks

I would talk to your dr. about this. I'm not sure about what that could be.

Thanks

They are pretty common. I believe they are called Bartholian Cysts? They are caused by some blockage. If you go to the doctor, he will lance them. Or if you want to put warm compresses on them and pop them yourself, you can. Just be sure to put some alcohol on them afterwards.

I get them periodically and know many others who do, too.
    Christy (35) married to Scott (47) since 5/12/12

DD Alyssa Hidden Content born 11/2001
    Regular periods/ovulation until 11/2004
    Self-Diagnosed 2/1/2005 ~*~ Officially Diagnosed "Non-Traditional PCOS" 6/7/2005

Thanks

hi tiggamoo

i agree with innkeepermommy about Bartholin Cysts or glands, here is a good link i found with information which could help you http://my.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/stb117013.asp
    i would still go see your doctor incase it is more serious or they have a better treatment.

good luck
    luv christa xoxoxox
    19 f sydney, australia

Dx with PCOS and IR Dec 2004 but had symptoms since i was 10 !! Hidden Content

Metformin 1500mg per day
    Doxyclycline 150mg per day

Thanks

For some reason I thought these would feel like hardened bumps under the skin...? I didn't know they were blood red and on top the skin.

I have one of those (blood red bubble like mole looking thingies) inbetween my breasts and I brought it up to my GYN and she told me to just leave it alone. I can't remember what she called it (it was over eight years ago). It looks like it could bust, but I try not to bother it. It is small too -- like the size of a sesame seed.
    Last edited by kkat55; 08-24-2007 at 05:14 PM.
    ~Kat Hidden Content
    F, 46, 5'7"
    PCOS Dx: Feb '06
    Diabetes & Hypothyroidism Dx: Nov '07

Metformin ER, 1000 mg: 7/21/07, Increased to 2000 mg 2/8/08
    Levothyroxin, 25 mcg: 11/6/07, Increased to 50 mcg 2/8/08, Increased to 75 mcg 9/9/08, Increased to 100 mcg (get date)
    Vit D deficiency -- started 5,000 IUs daily 6/26/09
    Progesterone Cream Rx - started 6/30/09

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have one of those (blood red bubble like mole looking thingies) inbetween my breasts and I brought it up to my gyn and she told me to just leave it along. I can't remember what she called it (it was over eight years ago). It looks like it could bust, but I try not to bother it. It is small too -- like the size of a sesame seed.

I have a few of these on different parts of my body and my doctor told me that they are called Cherry Angiomas which only means they are overgrown blood vessels coming through the layers of skin. She offers to zap them with a cauterizer but i have left them alone up till now.

I'm pretty sure the Bartholin Cysts on the perineum area are a different thing altogether.