Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default does PCOS cause tiredness, sickness ect

Hey guys,
    This is my first post ever! woah!
    so anyways I have been going to the doctor and finding out I've got PCOS. Going for some more tests soon and bla bla bla...

anyways I just have a question...
    Lately Im always so so so so so tired and I keep getting flu like symptoms, my body is always aching ect... does this have anything to do with PCOs or is it something totally different????
    I'm sick of feeling like crap! (physically... emotionally, nothing can get me down.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freaky Chik For This Useful Post:

janiedixon78 (09-26-2011),KamikazeKitten (08-09-2011)

Thanks

Thumbs up Pcos

Hey, Welcome to our group....

PCOS can cause you to be fatigue and sick to stomach....When you get the cysts on the ovaries that come every month it can make you feel like you have the flu....I get sick all the time with cysts that get to size of golf ball, and the doctor is like lets just see if it will go down on its own....In meantime I am in so much pain....It can make you throwup...I was throwing up vile which is the worse.....I am doing better now, but I hope that does not come back anytime soon....

Please check out my website support group at pcos.meetup.com/196/ if you want to join my support group you are more than welcome too....I am looking for people from Oklahoma or Tulsa, but I am going to try to do some of it online...Right now I am doing a disscussion on Screaming to be Heard...Please check it out....Hope to see you there....
    Carolee

Thanks

Thank you for replying.
    I will check it out but I'm from Australia

So next time I see the docs should I mention that I am always fatigued ect. all i wanna do is sleep! I feel so "heavy" and yuck all the time, I hate it. I'm not seeing the endo or gyno again till december though, argghh

Thanks

That is good to do, but also research symptoms of PCOS on websites pcossupport.org is a good website
    Carolee

Keeper of the Cheerios! Sister66's Avatar
    Thanks

When my PCOS symptoms get worse or seem to be bothering me more, I seem to get sick more. I am tired a lot also but it's worse depending on what other symptoms I am having. I rarely have cysts anymore but anytime I am slipping on taking my met or eating high carb/sugar, I feel more tired than usual.

~*~ ARMY Family ~*~
    Angela & Shaun
    Nate 9, Nick 5, Katie 3, Kaleb 1
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Smile

Alot of Cysters with PCOS also have insulin resistance. If you are IR, the excess insulin can can cause alot of symptoms like fatigue and make you feel sick to your stomach. If you haven't had your insulin levels checked it would be a good idea to ask next time you go to the doctor.
    On another note: welcome to SC.
    Diagnosed-PCOS & endometriosis.
    Symptoms- IR, Irregular AF, & Yo-yo weight beggining at 11 y/o.

sugeries-Laperoscopy w/ovarian drilling, hysteroscopy,D&C.

TTC since 10/08
    BFP 100mgs clomid-M/C at 6 weeksHidden Content

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. Harvey Fierstein

Keeper of the Cheerios! Sister66's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loreo123
    Alot of Cysters with PCOS also have insulin resistance. If you are IR, the excess insulin can can cause alot of symptoms like fatigue and make you feel sick to your stomach. If you haven't had your insulin levels checked it would be a good idea to ask next time you go to the doctor.
    On another note: welcome to SC.
    You're right, didn't think of that, I am IR

~*~ ARMY Family ~*~
    Angela & Shaun
    Nate 9, Nick 5, Katie 3, Kaleb 1
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Default Ir

Praise the lord that I am not IR...I was fortunate in that department....I still feel the fatigue and sickness...It is horrible....
    Carolee

Thanks

One thing that helped my fatigue was taking a B-50 supplement everyday. But, yeah, fatigue is part of this!
    Dominici was born May 2006!
    Hidden Content

Miracle Baby Boy Rivelino, born too early to live on October 6, 2004 at 24 weeks and 6 days. Never to be forgotten, always to be remembered, forever my source of inspiration.

Thanks

HI

welcome to sc. Feeling sick all the time is horrible. I dont get so tired now that I take a good multi vitamin each day. Although i do still get tired..... it's not a sbad.

Eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I feel like I get fatigue pretty often too. I never knew why, and then I found out it can be one of the effects of PCOS. I don't seem to have IR, but I do still get tired a lot. I feel like my immune system has always been compromised, too, because if there's ANYTHING going around, I'm guaranteed to catch it! I have started taking several different vitamins so I'm hoping that will help ward anything off as well as pick me up a bit.
    happily married, both in our mid-20s • dx with 'thin' PCOS in 2005

Hidden Content

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dustybell For This Useful Post:

KamikazeKitten (08-09-2011)

Thanks

fatigue and aching?? Oh yeah...count me in.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Thanks

I'm fatigued and catch everything, but I'm also IR. With IR your cells starve which contributes to feeling run down. When your body is exhausted, your ability to fight off sickness goes down.

I just hate when someone comes to work sick. It's guaranteed that I'll catch it and get it worse than the person that gave it to me.
    Bobbi O.
    Oceanside, CA
    Hidden Content

Thanks

So i'm not being stupid into thinking that me feeling so fatigued, always getting the flu and so forth, isn't just me but part of PCOS?
    The doctors are only assuming i have PCOS at this stage.. my symptoms are excess hair, hair falling out, irregular periods (get it between 2 weeks to three months), acne. I don't have problems in weight gain. The ultrasound said i don't really get cysts or something, i donno, i'm a bit confused. He said i have to get some blood tests done but I gotta wait till i get my period cos that's when they need to take it (whys that???), one of the things they'll be testing for is diabetes so I guess I gotta wait. But yeh I need to wait till DECEMBER cos that's when i have my appointments with the endocrologist and gyno (the gyno didn't want to make it earlier in case i don't get my period between now and then)... so yes... blah... I feel really sick and i'm sick and tired of this

Thanks

Welcome to Soul Cysters.

I'm also always sick, I feel sick every day, for most of the day. Most days I dread opening my eyes coz I know I'm gonna feel sick again

I hope you find some help. x
    DX: May 2004

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Walking & Low Carbing to 146lbs - nearly there!

July 07 : 167lbs
    Sept 07: 153lbs
    Nov 07: 147lbs
    May 08: 144lbs
    July 08: 140lbs

January: Changed my goal weight to 140lbs!