Thanks

Default Alpha Lipoic Acid = Oily Skin?

Hi ladies

I've been taking alpha lipoic acid (GNC brand) for about three weeks now. I'm finally up to 600 mgs and I figure I'll try that dose out and see what it does.

Problem is, my normally greasy as heck facial skin is now even worse. I didn't think it could happen, but it sure did.

The capsules I take contain soybean oil and I'm thinking that's the obvious culprit, but I'm not sure. Has anyone who is/was taking ALA experienced anything like this?

Does anyone know where one can get oil-free ALA, perhaps? I'm new to this supplement, so I don't even know if this is possible.

Thanks!
    Me (33)/Michael (3o)
    Together for almost nine long, happy years!

First PCOS dx: 1989
    Supplements: One A Day Weight Smart, B Complex, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid (B5), B12, Saw Palmetto, Vit C, Vit D3, NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium Piconolate, Cinnamon, Magnesium, EPO, Zinc Gluconate, Green Tea
    Diet: "Modified" Zone plan

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her" -Anon.

Hidden Content

Thanks

Default Wild oat and ALA

hey there,

Wild Oats has several brands of alpha lipoic acid. the kind i use is oil free. why do you use it? i use it to help to rebuild muscle tissue from working out.

the brand is Natrol - come in a brown bottle with purple wrapper and top.

good luck.

Thanks

Thank you soooo much Marciafaye! We don't have any Wild Oats stores in this neck of the woods, but we do have Whole Foods and Natrol is a pretty popular brand I believe. I'll order online if I have to! I'm off to get some pronto!

Thanks again! You saved my poor skin
    Dana
    Me (33)/Michael (3o)
    Together for almost nine long, happy years!

First PCOS dx: 1989
    Supplements: One A Day Weight Smart, B Complex, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid (B5), B12, Saw Palmetto, Vit C, Vit D3, NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium Piconolate, Cinnamon, Magnesium, EPO, Zinc Gluconate, Green Tea
    Diet: "Modified" Zone plan

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her" -Anon.

Hidden Content