ARMY wife cyster! bakergirljennie's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Vitex and spotting

I've been taking Vitex for over 2 months, and about a week and a half ago I started spotting. It has been brown, not red. Is this normal? I have had some af cramps, and some backaches. For a while I thought I was pg, but took a test and it was negative. Any other girls take Vitex, but spotted, and how long afterthat did af come?
    Me 23 Dh 24
    Dx with PCOS 4/01
    ------------------------
    Momma to 1 furbaby!

Thanks

Vitex takes a while to work for some people and it sounds like your body is trying to regulate itself so please be patient and keep taking it. I know from past experience that the brown spotting is because you may not have had a period for a while and your body is cleaning out the old buildup in your utereus. I know that when I wasn't getting a normal AF the first one was always longer, and the first 2 days it would be dark, dark red and kind of clotty. When I asked my dr she said that it was just my body cleansing itself. Hope that helps.

msvon

Thanks

I started vitex in June. I had a light AF two weeks later. Thirty-five days after that I had AF again, only two days and very spottie. Normally when AF would come it would be heavy and last for 7-14 days. But that was 100+ days between cycles. Anyway after the two day very light AF I ovulated on cd14. I'm 14 dpo and AF hasn't come yet. I'm hopeing she doesn't for the next 9 months. . It's possible that an ovulatory cycle is right around the corner for you. Good luck.

Gaylyn
    I have two miracles.
    dd Jordyn (12 yrs)
    ds Ryan (7 yrs)

Since starting my new life on May 24/05 of calorie counting, exercising and taking 2000mg of met faithfully I now have 'regular' ovulatory cycles and have lost 75 lbs going from a size 22 to size 10.Hidden Content

Thanks

Many of us spotted with Vitex. I spotted more then a week and it was the same kind of brown stuff as you did. I have taken Vitex for 5 months now, and the spotting happened on the second month.
    Brown spotting is old blood in your uterus. When it comes out, it shows that the Vitex is doing it job, and jour body is starting to work the way it should.
    Tiina
    -------------
    30 yrs,dh 30

Vitex, L-Thyroxin, Soy

DS Freddy Aleksander born July 22, 2003 (my "herbal" baby)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

TTC #2 from January 2004