Thanks

Unhappy Am I alone? Who also has "mustache" shadow?

I can handle the facial hair problem... the plucking, shaving and the bleaching. I've learned to live with that, however, it's my dark mustache shadow that is my biggest problem. Anyone else have this too? I manage to cover it up pretty well, but it has definately interfered with my life. My personality has suffered; I'm not as outgoing anymore. I'm sooo worried about lighting and how it will show my cover up and some days the shadow seems to peek through. I feel so alone! I find myself looking at other women and I have yet to find another person out there like me. I used to be able to go out without any make up, but now, I would rather die than be seen in my natural horror. Support needed.

Thanks

I am so worried about this too, make up covers it mostly.

Thanks

God PCOS makes me SO SO SO SO SO angry how it ruins lives .....

I dont have your prob I have male pattern balding and I get parnoid under bright lights, in the wind, when its wet etc etc ..

Big hugs
    Metformin Hidden Content

Thanks

Default Moustache shadow

Quote Originally Posted by cr
    I can handle the facial hair problem... the plucking, shaving and the bleaching. I've learned to live with that, however, it's my dark mustache shadow that is my biggest problem. Anyone else have this too? I manage to cover it up pretty well, but it has definately interfered with my life. My personality has suffered; I'm not as outgoing anymore. I'm sooo worried about lighting and how it will show my cover up and some days the shadow seems to peek through. I feel so alone! I find myself looking at other women and I have yet to find another person out there like me. I used to be able to go out without any make up, but now, I would rather die than be seen in my natural horror. Support needed.
    I'm not convinced there's an absolute answer on this one, unless the hair is very fine and the growth not caused by a current hormonal imbalance. If there's no hormonal imbalance and the hair's very fine it may be possible to deal with it by electrolysis or laser. Even then, though, you may end up with very coarse or discolored skin on the upper lip which makes it very noticeable that something's been done to it.

Personally I think that heavy makeup on the upper lip is a dead giveaway. Although I don't suffer badly from it, I've noticed that males who've seen me when I haven't shaved for 24 hours and have obvious stubble haven't had "shock, horror!" reactions at all. In fact, their knowledge that "Joy has a moustache" doesn't seem to have done any harm -- and may have done some good -- to our business relationships.