Thanks

Default FREEZING cold right hand

Anyone know what can cause this?
    I really suffer from a freezing cold right hand only. If it is cold, that hand will really suffer. I'm sitting in a lukewarm room and my right hand is still much colder than the left.
    I don't think it is reynaulds as i don't get the turning white, blue etc.
    I'm thinking it could be just a circulation thing, but that can't be good can it?
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I notice that I have that problem when I'm using the mouse on my computer. I think it's just the way i'm holding it.
    Synthroid,Celexa,Singulair,Vitamin B,Prilosec
    TTC Since 5/2004, 3 IUI'S A BUST Clomid 100mgs
    IUI 10/27/08 BFP "I'm going to be a Mommy" Beta 15DPO -108, 17DPO - 331
    1st ultrasound 12/1 - strong heartbeat, 2nd ultrasound 1/5 - Heartbeat 162

IT'S A BOY!!!!! EDD 7/19/2009 Luca Allen Maarten, Born 6/28/09, 5lbs 15ozs 18inches
    WLS in April 2013 - Sleeve

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have similar problems with my hands. It used to be just my right, now it can be both my right or left, or even both at the same time. Mine is due to nerve damage. I have been to countless doctors, went through physical therapy, and had too many tests to count. They can't tell me why my nerves act as if I have Multiple Sclerosis, but I don't have MS. I'm a medical enigma. Being on Met can cause symptoms like this due to lack of B vitamins, so if you are on Met or a deriviative talk to your prescribing doctor about this.

BUT! They have to make sure it isn't circulatory first. This is usually painless and no biggie. At least the stuff they put me through was, and they supposedly ran a full circulatory test panel on mine. The worst I went through was a needle stick, just like getting blood drawn, only they injected a dye for a scan. If it's circulatory they really need to know. ASAP!

I empathize with you. It can be frustrating, to put it nicely. But go see your doc about this ASAP hon. The longer you wait the more you risk permanent damage.
    Dana

PS: Holland, just so you don't worry, "mouse hand freeze" happens to just about everyone who uses a computer mouse for an extended period of time. Some types can help this issue. My ergonomic "roller ball" mouse helped me a lot with this.
    Me (33)/Michael (3o)
    Together for almost nine long, happy years!

First PCOS dx: 1989
    Supplements: One A Day Weight Smart, B Complex, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid (B5), B12, Saw Palmetto, Vit C, Vit D3, NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium Piconolate, Cinnamon, Magnesium, EPO, Zinc Gluconate, Green Tea
    Diet: "Modified" Zone plan

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her" -Anon.

Hidden Content

Thanks

thanks ladies.
    i have just changed doctors, and need to go in for my first check in / up, so will mention it then.
    i did have some mouse problems with my hand last summer but it cleared up. maybe it is just nerve damage. hopefully.
    i'd better get it looked into. you always think these things are just annoying little things, but suppose they could mean something else. hope not.
    i'll post if i discover anything revealing!

Thanks

Actually I have had a ball mouse for over a year now. I know that I over use my right hand at work. I use a calculator ALL DAY, so i'm thinking that is a lot of my problem. Thanks for the info.
    Synthroid,Celexa,Singulair,Vitamin B,Prilosec
    TTC Since 5/2004, 3 IUI'S A BUST Clomid 100mgs
    IUI 10/27/08 BFP "I'm going to be a Mommy" Beta 15DPO -108, 17DPO - 331
    1st ultrasound 12/1 - strong heartbeat, 2nd ultrasound 1/5 - Heartbeat 162

IT'S A BOY!!!!! EDD 7/19/2009 Luca Allen Maarten, Born 6/28/09, 5lbs 15ozs 18inches
    WLS in April 2013 - Sleeve

Hidden Content

Thanks

Default cold hands

Just so you know there is a condition that makes you have cold hands, feet, and nose called Raynauds. My grandmother, mother, and I all have it. There are two different types - primary & secondary. The secondary starts around the time you turn 35. You might want to look into that.

Just a thought.
    Polly
    Mommy to Andrew b. 2002 a. 2003
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content