Thanks

Default "shapewear" to go under dress?

Just wondering if anyone knows of good shapewear to wear under a formal dress? Im in my friend's wedding in May and the dresses are on their way, its a long (as in, to the floor) strapless, black, vera wang. I am not a tiny girl (6'1", 200lbs), and need something to shape myself a bit under the dress. I tried on something today at Macy's that resembled a strapless leotard, but its not long enough for me.. it went by bra size (so I tried a 38D) and the underwires on the "bra" barely made it 2 inches BELOW my boobs! I'm thinking somehting thats more of a slip, but that will suck in my fat
    thanks if anyone knows where i can find this kind of stuff, and hopefully something that will be flattering!
    Put some excitement between your legs.. RIDE A HORSE!

I'm feeling ... Hidden Content

Thanks

You may want to check out Spanx http://www.spanx.com/pls/enetrixp/!stmenu_template.main They do have your bra size information as a possible size range, as well as a plus size line. What you may end up doing is a combination of a Spanx Body Shaper with what ever strapless bra fits you the best.

You may want to check out Lane Bryant for something like this: http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.co...=LPCR0002&nav=

Or you could go with a basic JCPenny Body Slimer Slip which can be found with their Bridal Shop Intimates information online.

It may end up with a lot of trial and error type shopping because I've found sometimes what fits in the bra area doesn't always fit in the "suck-tuck" areas.

Good luck!

D.

Hidden Content My exercise passion is Pilates...

Hidden Content

Shop for Hidden Content with me...

Thanks

thanks! the pennys site is great. now just wondering, anyone have experience with these types of things? do they stay up if you have a full body ones that are strapless? (Im hating my friend for picking a strapless dress!)

Kansas City, KS formerly from Overland Park but had to change it here since someone asked me to, will not mention any names because Chula might get mad.....lol
    Thanks

I'm also looking for one so I'll too appreciate the input of the other women.

I did try one at lanebryant and God it was horrible. I really don't have big boobs but I am heavy in my middle so it makes it extra hard to find something that fits. The one I tried at LB fit perfect around the middle but the boobs reminded me of what madonna used to wear, you know the cups that looked like tin...I don't know how to explain it. I'm hope you get what I mean. it was horrible.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Fighting for peace is like F*cking for virginity

Thanks

I had good luck with the Lane Bryant body shapers, which I used in combination with a leg shaper from Avenue. I have been looking at some of the longer-leg Spanx to add to my shaping repertoire. One thing I did find with the LB shapers was that when I wore it strapless my boobs sagged in the pictures. Of course, I do have really big boobs...

The other major disadvantage that I've found with any of these is that I can't unsnap the crotch snaps so once I'm in, I'm in! At my cousin's wedding, the event for which I bought the foundation garments, I had to be careful not to drink too much in case I would have to pee! It was a long night!
    Me: 34, DH:37 | Dx July 2002 | Have you visited my Hidden Content ? (Caution: Hidden Content Content)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Being tall, I find that any shapewear that had "legs" is WAY too short in the torso! Getting the slip/dress ones does help (like the Nancy Ganz- I can't remember the name) but then, if your dress is strapless that woulnld't work. I always have a problem getting the bra part to fit- my boobies are wide set and never fit into the standard cups! I reciently found a pair of slimming 'shorts' by Bali (similar to the spanx) that I really like, but they only come up to JUST above my belly button, so in a fitted formal dress, the end around the tummy may bbubble a bit.
    http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=597&CatID=30803&CatTyp=SIZ&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0e42eae&ProdSeq=2&Cat=shapewear&Dep=&PCat=&PCatID=29985&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=27&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=29985&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=29985&RefDeptID=597&Page=1&CmCatId=597|3489|29985|30803

does that link work?? something like this from Penny's may work. I LOVE the delicates plus size line of lingere at JC Penny's.....

Good Luck!
    Current Med Routine:
    -No More Rx meds!
    Inositol 1000mg

I did take Metformin XR 1500 (d/c 9/07)
    Actos 45 mg (d/c 8/07)
    Paxil 20mg (d/c (last dose) 8/07)
    Zantac 150 (as needed)
    LOST 30# after stopping these......???
    Hidden Content

Thanks

JulieM- yeah, that one I was really looking at. Im hoping to find something like that, and I'm still going to get a pair of shorts that I can wear under the slip. But I really want one that goes from my bra all the way down. Nothing spilling over
    I'm going to try some on tomorrow... hope I have some luck ..!

Thanks

I've tried something similar to what JC Penney refers to as the Glamorise® Isometric® Hi-Waist Brief, and had success combining that with a strapless bra. I was worried that it would roll down and I'd not only have my not so shapely figure spilling out, but a hard roll of underthings that I couldn't adjust. But it stayed in place, miraculously enough.

My advice is to put some powder on under it. When I wore it, I felt really warm, and by the end of the day, I could not wait to peel it off. So if you plan to be out on the dance floor, a little powder might soak up that unwelcome yucky feeling.
    Heather

Diagnosed: 07/05
    Spironolactone 100mg/day
    Met XR 1500mg/day
    Yasmin, multi, BComplex
    Metabolic Syndrome Diet (12/05)

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    May 2005 /March 2006 (I hate candid shots)

Thanks

I bought several pieces at Macy's and Spanx are really good too. You can get those online. I would suggest going to a store and actually trying it on though because you will want it to be tight but definetly not too tight. I love mine and couldn't live without them they really help cover up the "bad" areas lol
    Me (27) Dx PCOS 2011, DH (26)
    MC#1 11/05/2002
    MC#2 12/15/2009

Surprise BFP 5/4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beta #1: 5/7, 410
    Beta #2: 5/9, 794
    Hidden Content