Thanks

Default Hair loss -- does anything work? Anyone tried Scalp Med?

I've had hair loss for about 6 years (I'm 28). I've seen dermatologists, endocrinologists, and more, and I've come to worry/accept that I may never have a full head of hair again. Several endocrinologists told me that hair loss is the most difficult PCOS symptom to fix. I would love to hear any success stories -- it really seems like they are few and far between.

Also -- has anyone heard of Scalp Med? I try to be wary of infomercial products, but I can be a sucker, and I'm desperate. It looks like the stuff is awfully expensive, and they use the disclaimer "results not typical" on all the before/after pics.

Thanks,
    Hillary
    309/249 (5'7")
    Vegan
    Totally single, no kids, not ttc
    PCOS/IR, clinical depression, hypothyroid
    Persistent scalp hair loss not responding to treatment

2500 mg Glucophage
    200 mg Aldactone
    0.1 mg Synthroid
    30 mg Lexapro
    18 mg Concerta
    10 mg Clarinex

Thanks

I am sorry you seem to have the same problem as me and hair loss is unfortunatly extremely hard to halt or reverse ... has your endo put you on any type of medication .. ie flutamide, propecia, spiro ? doses hae to be high adn Rogaine is the only proven substances to regrow hair .. although I found all of this unsatisfactory...
    Metformin Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HillarysMe
    I would love to hear any success stories -- it really seems like they are few and far between.
    Not what you want to hear, I know...

I'm wearing a really cute wig, Clair by Noriko, and I get compliments on it day in and day out and no one knows it's a wig. I didn't want this hairloss thing to happen to me, but it's not my fault, and I consider it a success story that I'm adapting well to wearing hairpieces and wigs, and that I look way prettier than I ever looked with my own hair anyway.
    "I knew I had a problem when I put my underpants on backwards and they fit better..."
    Age 46
    Obesity, very mild hirsuitism now almost gone with age and met, seriously thinning hair. Regular cycles on met.
    Diagnosed with diabetes 8/2003

Thanks

How about Nioxin?? It's a shampoo and conditioner that my sister (a hair stylist) swears by. I don't use it because I keep forgetting to get it from her (and every time she does my hair, it's right in front of me....). I know it's sold in salons, but you could probably get it at Sally Beauty Store. It's supposed to slow down thinning hair and help it grow back fuller.

My hair hasn't gotten terribly thin, but I had thick hair growing up. About 5 years ago, my sister started telling me my hair was thinning. I still lose a lot, but not as much as I used to lose. Most people don't notice that it's thinned, but I do when I pull it back into a pony tail (it's about 2/3 what it used to be).

HTH (at least a little bit).

Thanks

Yes there are different products you can try. I use a few different things for my hair which seem to be working but I think you just have to try trial and error. I use Nizoral(over the counter) every other day, take extra biotin, and use the Vitatress line from Nexxus. I have tried rogaine and Nioxin and a few other things but I noticed less shed and more hair with my current routine then any other. Good Luck!

Sincerely,

Elaine