Thanks

Default Baby aspirin vs regular 81mg aspirin question

Ok, I know it's probably been asked before, and I apologize I don't have time to do a search for it right now. I was thinking as I was choking down my meds this morning...is there really a difference between the 81mg BABY aspirin I've been taking and regular swallowable 81mg aspirin??? I know what it's for, I've been taking it for 19 months now while we've been TTC...but does it have to be those nasty chewable disgusting BABY aspirin? Or can I take a regular adult "low dose" 81mg aspirin that I can just swallow? Any ideas? I'm really getting grossed out by the baby aspirins, but didn't know if there was really a difference. Thanks in advance!!!
    Rebecca ~ 35
    DH Matt ~ 39
    Married 11-20-04

TTC for 5 years...never pregnant.
    Hoping for a miracle...

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

3 miracles, 4 angels saluki_fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Rebecca - actually, baby aspirin is the 81mg dose. I can't remember exactly what dosage "adult" aspirin is, but I remember baby aspirin is 81mg.

I was told there is no difference between the chewable aspirin and swallowable aspirin, but that too much of the chewable aspirin was like eating too much candy (because of the sugar.)

I usually took the Bayer Women's low-dose aspirin because it had extra calcium in it.
    Lean cyster ~ M/c @ 10 wks after seeing heartbeat 8/04, m/c @ 10 wks after seeing heartbeat 8-09. 2 chemical PGs lost @ 4.5 wks 1/05 & 3/05.
    4/05: Dx w/antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.

DS 1/06, DD 12/07, DD2 7/10. Plus 1 large, neurotic dog.

Thanks

I am pretty sure that my RE told me recently that the ones you swallow are fine. In fact I am kind of freaking out because that is what I have been taking. When she calls me with my Beta results I will ask her.

Thanks

Any form is fine. Baby aspirin is 81mg's - you can buy that dosage in an adult pill form too. I quit taking the chewable kind when I read that with daily use it can be bad for your tooth enamel. I also read that it's better to wait until after ovulation before starting low dose aspirin therapy. I take aspirin as prescribed for a pregnancy related blood clotting disorder each cycle after ovulation and while pregnant.
    Last edited by websissy; 05-16-2006 at 04:48 PM.
    Websissy
    Me: 47; DH: 48; DS#1: 7 years old ; DS#2: 4 years old
    Angels in Heaven, DD had Trisomy 18
    Dx APS, hypothyroid, IR, Endometriosis, Asherman's, tubal factors

Sept 2009
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Yup, they're the same. It's just a matter of preference. I prefer the adult swallable 81mg because I don't want the sweet chewables. I buy them in bulk at Costco (Kirkland Signature brand). I believe there are like 500 tablets in the jar for under $3.00. They are tiny little yellow pills.

Shari
    Happily married; 1 amazing daughter born 12/06.
    short term weight loss goal: 20lbs by year's end
    long term weight loss goal: 65 lbs overall
    Hidden Content
    "I'm not lazy. I'm simply judicious about excess movement." -Jen Lancaster

Thanks

My nurse said the adult version that you swallow is just fine.

Thanks

Thanks everyone! I have just gotten so grossed out by the taste of the baby aspirins after 19 months of taking them! Wonder if I should start to worry about my tooth enamel? LOL Tomorrow I'll start gaffling my hubby's low dose bottle!!!

Shari~ Sweetie, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I totally didn't know you're pregnant!!! How wonderful!!!
    Rebecca ~ 35
    DH Matt ~ 39
    Married 11-20-04

TTC for 5 years...never pregnant.
    Hoping for a miracle...

Hidden Content

Hidden Content