Thanks

Exclamation Menstrual blood or blood in urine??

Hi, wondered if anyon had any opinions on this : )

OK, I'm 28 and have always suffered with irregular periods. Just over a year ago, a scan revealed enlarged ovaries with multiple cysts - so I'm used to my periods acting wacky with long gaps in-between and sometimes nothing more than just a few drops or bloody discharge to show for it. However, I do have normal ones and my last 2 had been normal.

Anyway, last Friday night on a visit to the toilet I noticed that my urine had a red tinge to it. Odd, I thought, I don't normally start a period this way and wasn't expecting one to start (not that I can set a date to them and sometimes I have no pre-mentrual symptoms... so they do often creep up on me). I then wiped and there was fresh, red blood all over the toilet paper, just like mentrual blood.

I put on a pad but I had a feeling it wasn't a period just for the fact that it seemed to happen so randomly and I'd never experienced anything similar to it before. Quite often (but certainly not all the time) my period starts of a morning with the first sign of bleeding kicking in on my first pee of the day, so I'm used to bloody urine when that happens and they are always normal periods. This however, was not a normal period, b/c since that incident on Fri night, I've not had a drop of blood since.

This concerned me. That has never happened before and I started to worry that it may have been blood in my urine. I've made a doctors appt but it's not until another week and a half. I guess that's OK b/c it allows a little time to pass to see if it happens again ans so far it hasn't. My pee up until the bleeding incident had been perfectly fine and has been perfectly fine since. No burning or pain, no more blood that I can see with my own eyes, yet still no mentrual bleeding either.

So, has anyone every experienced anything similar or have an opinion? Everything I've looked up online doesn't seem to apply. With most of the bleeding w/ urination tending to be due to infection, etc, and I can't see what I experienced described anywhere. A seemingly one-off episode of possible menstrual/vaginal bleeding when peeing but with no subsequent period.

Hm, any thoughts?

Thanks

Sometimes blood in urine is the only symptom you may have of an URI. Also it could be kidney stones which sometimes dont present pain. A simple urine test at the docs will figure that out for you. Could very well be your body just decided to spot.....

Good luck!
    40, married, 4 children
    Dx- PCOS 1991
    atrial fibrillation
    high bloodpressure
    diabetes
    diabetic neuropathy
    kidney stones - potassium citrate & hydrochlorothiazide
    high blood pressure- Lisinopril
    high uric acid- allopurinol
    Magnesium gluconate
    metoprolol
    metformin

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I think it's worth calling a doctor on this one. If there is blood in your urine it could be a sign of some kind of urinary tract problem. I had something similar happen once, but it was caused by an infected sebaceous cyst on my labia (sorry if TMI) that burst. Those things are usually pretty noticeable, though. Infected sebaceous cysts generally get very swollen and sore, so I think if you had that you would have noticed it.

Thanks

Call a doctor! You may have a severe UTI or a kidney infection or even a kidney stone. Or you just may have a vaginal infection. Either way go to the doctor
    Me:25Hidden Content DH:29

Feb 07- First PG and M/C @3 weeks
    Feb 08- PREGNANT!!! the natural way
    2/28/08 beta 1- 7.8
    2/29/08 beta 2-18.9
    3/1/08 beta- 96.7
    3/5/08 beta- 372.6
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Brecken and Lyra's Mommy Lubby23's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess if i were you I would put a tampon in and see if it gets bloody, if not then go to doc to get tested for UTI, although I have had several UTI and they are very painful so I would think you would know if you had it.
    -Marilyn
    Me 28 DH 30
    DS born 3-27-07
    DD born 7-13-09

BFP!!! 7-12-06
    BFP!!! 11-2-08

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mommy to Kenna and Zoey Headyfeady3's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with everyone that you might have a UTI. It might not be a bad one or you might be one of the lucky ones that don't get pain with them. Your doctor will be able to tell you more. You can also buy UTI test kits at some places. I have never bought one so I would have no clue as to where to look.
    Heather
    Mckenna 5/6/09 6 lbs 8 ozs 18" long
    Zoey 10/8/10 8 lbs 3 ozs 20 " long
    Ava 4/4/12 7 lbs 15 ozs 22.5 " long

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content