Thanks

Question How long does it take before a cyst has to be removed?

How long does one have to wait before they will remove a cyst? I have a septated cyst 5.1x 4.5 cm., plus large multiple fibroids. It has been since January. I have had the follow up u/s. I don't feel too good at all. No energy, mood swings, pain in lower back and stomach. If I didn't know better, one would think I look pregnant!!! Is it safe to be Patient. How do I know when to say its been too long? I haven't had the ca 125 yet either.
    I see my gyno. on June 27th.
    I am grateful for any feed back. Warmfuzzies, perserverance.

Thanks

Hi! I have had a cyst on my right ovary for about 4 years now. It's not bothersome and I have it checked every year. My ob/gyn wants to remove it, so I'm thinking of getting that done next year.

I would say if you are feeling that uncomfortable and have that much pain, I would call your doctor and tell him you want to schedule surgery as soon as possible. You should not have to wait until they say it's okay to get it done if you are in pain and uncomfortable. I hope they listen to you.
    Hidden Content Christina

Me ~ 32
    Soul Mate ~ 41 Hidden Content
    DSS ~ 15
    Dx ~ June 2003

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Ask me about Home & Garden Parties!

Hidden Content

Thanks

My doc says @ 6cm

Thanks

Hi Christina, and Laura, thanks for your replies!!
    Last year, I had a cancer scare with another septated cyst that I had. My blood test ca125, showed 3x higher than normal. Upon seeing the doctor, I was told, I would need surgery within two weeks, and she didn't know what she would find. I also had already a Laproscopy,and Laperonomy, after a car accident. When I was 6 months old, I had an interserception. The gyno told me ,she would need another doctor to assist her because of the previous operations. They would have to go in layer by layer. After my follow up u/s and blood test, the cyst had already disappeared, my ca125, by one doctor was a little high, and another it was normal. I found out that you are not to have your period when you take that test!!! So I didn't have the operation. So I am a little nervous as well ,with going through this again. I take care of my mom(disabled), and a sister with a mental disorder.
    Lots of plans have to be made. What affects me, definitely affects them.
    I will ask the doctor though, thanks again. Warm Fuzzies, Sue

Thanks

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks

Exclamation

Hi again,
    I went to see my new gyno yesterday. He is very kind. I am still a little in shock though, but I am okay. I am going to have a hysterectomy on August 24th. I didn't even have to ask him for the surgery. He said my uterus has to come out. My Gyno in the middle of my appointment had to go, because, of a delivery . So I didn't get the whole info. I was surprised he wants to take out my uterus, but not my ovaries!? He said he would see. It depended how everything is. He thinks I am to young to be without the ovaries. He had to leave, but said we could stay until he came back, but, I had to get going. I thought it was the polycystic ovaries that were more worrisome than my enlarged uterus and fibroids. I guess i will find out more about it closer to my surgery date. The nurse practictioner spoke to my sister ,and I. She said that he had done others who have had other major surgeries before, and that I am in capable hands, which is a great relief for me. I am also happy that I am not in that watch and wait game,something is going to be done. Thanks for listening.
    I couldn't find the hugs, emoticon. Warm fuzzies Sue