Thread: Ketogenic diet

Thanks

Smile Ketogenic diet

So, I ordered that book that was recommended regarding PCOS, diet and fertility (can't remember the name of it right now). Very interesting reading but kind of a bummer to as I don't think I could ever maintain that type of a diet. I just don't think I could not drink milk or have dairy products or eat whole grains for the amount of time it would take me to lose my excess weight. That just doesn't seem healthy. I much prefer the IR diet and until this morning was not seeing any progress on the scale just inches. This morning the scale was finally down 4.5 lbs!! It has been 3 weeks of no weight loss and this morning it was like a wonderful, motivating surprise I have cut out all soft drinks even diet ones and am drinking water. I'm watching what I eat and making sure (for the most part) that everything is linked and balanced and last by not least I am going to the gym 5-6x per week alternating between strength training and cardio. I have to say, I think I even enjoy weight training now as I am able to see a difference in the shape of my body (a little difference). I've also been taking my Metformin daily. I was beginning to think that the Metformin had made me gain those additional 5lbs!! Any thoughts about the book or a ketogenic diet?? TIA!!
    152/135/125

Thanks
    Blog Entries

My only thought:

The ketogenic diet isn't inherently 'unhealthy'. It might not be sustainable for some people but that's a different issue unrelated to the 'health/safety' of the diet.

ETA
    Low-carb diets aren't just for weight loss. For years they've been used to treat epilepsy in children.