Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Sleepless nights/night sweats

Does anyone else have sleepless nights and night sweats. For the last month, I have been waking up in the middle of the night sweating and just can't get cool enough. I get up and check the thermostat and mess with it and try to go back to sleep, but I just can't. It is 3:30am and I am at my computer waiting to get tired enough where I can go back to sleep. I also have to get up and use the bathroom during this same time every night. This is driving me nuts. It would be nice to get a full nights sleep. Is it hormonal or what? Does anyone else do this? Its driving me crazy...http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/tiphat.gif
    DX 1994-told to lose weight by GYN,Suffered 12 years before seeking treatments: REDX 2006 by a family doc sent to endo July 31, 2006 and glad I went; Byetta, 2000mg Metformin, 28 units of levemir, fish oil, 1000mg calcium. Type 2 diabetic and high cholesterol dx March 05, psoriasis dx 1992.
    Married 20 yrs 2 kids: girl 19 yrs old and boy 17 yrs old.

Curvacious SoulCyster :D georgy's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, I'm getting that a lot too...I just put it down to us having better weather lately. I'm not having good sleeps these days what with the peeing and the sweating and the tossing and turning....I feel like a pot bellied pig LOL
    Hidden Content
    39, diag 1993 - textbook case! tried;
    Dianette*Met*Provera.Now back on Spiro, & taking;
    Atracand*Spironolactone*Sertraline

Thanks

I sure am glad I am not the only one...it is driving me nuts...my dh is in bed snoring up a storm and I am sitting on the couch typing on this darn thing and sweating up a storm...I just can't seem to get cooled off...Its driving me nuts...I may have to take a cool shower..I just don't know what to do.
    DX 1994-told to lose weight by GYN,Suffered 12 years before seeking treatments: REDX 2006 by a family doc sent to endo July 31, 2006 and glad I went; Byetta, 2000mg Metformin, 28 units of levemir, fish oil, 1000mg calcium. Type 2 diabetic and high cholesterol dx March 05, psoriasis dx 1992.

Thanks

Me too, me too! I am having wicked insomnia and when I do manage to get to sleep I wake up at about 2-3 AM sweating! We have the AC turned down to 74 and both a ceiling fan and standing fan running in the bedroom, I should be freezing my buns off!
    -Rhonda Hidden Content
    me-36, dh-35
    TTC #1 since 12/05
    Clomid all with no O
    male factor dx - 08/06
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - 12/06 -- CANCELLED!
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - 02/07 -- BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - 02/08 -- 3 embies transferred on 03/02, BETA 03/17

Currently on metformin, aldomet, toprol, pnv and acupuncture

Thanks

What you just said about sleeping good until 2 to 3am and waking up sweating to death...that is me...I do the exact same thing. When I wake up at 2 or 3am I can't go back to sleep. I kept messing with the thermostat, because I was burning up and just couldn't cool off. The thermostat ended up on about 72 and it was in the 60's last night for a low. I finually went back to sleep about an hour before it was time to get up for work...argh....

Thanks

Me too, last night I had the sliding door open to let in the cool night air and the ceiling fan was on. My poor dh had a blanket on and was still cold, there I was in a t-shirt and no blanket, sweating! He finally had enough and got up and shut the door. It is right next to his side of the bed. I just can't get cooled down enough to get comfy so I can sleep well. Maybe we need separate rooms so I can have an airconditioner in my room and not freeze my dh!
    me - 45 dh - 48 dd - 12
    Total Hysterectomy 8-21-09
    Living well is the best revenge!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Poor girl....I know your pain...I am not quite that bad, yet, but dh is waiting...I usually burn him out of the house, but nowadays I freeze him out. A complete 360 degree change in 4 weeks...lol...oh well...

On the Road to 2nd Degree Black Belt Mom's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not as bad as all that but, when AF is here I start night sweats the week before and until AF is gone. I know it is hormonal but what do ya do? My doc told me to try Estroven or something just while AF is here. I don't do to well on Hormones I get horrible mind blowing migraines.
    I am soaking wet when I wake up and freeze with the ceiling fan when it's morning.
    TAWNYA Hidden Content
    Me (35) Best Friend DH Kevin Hidden Content (34)
    Blessed with 2 Cool Chics
    Shelby 13 and Megan 9

Un official DX 1999
    DX August 2005
    2000mg Met

Hidden Content US Navy Veteran

"ARGUE FOR AN EXCUSE AND IT IS YOURS. ARGUE FOR A WEAKNESS IT TOO SHALL BE YOURS."
    Hidden Content
    Start Weight 175..162..160
    ..156...Goal 135

Hidden Content

Thanks

Bless your heart..I know what you are going through....I can't wait to see what happens tonight...I long for a good nights sleep....best wishes and hugs..

Thanks

Talking me tooo

How very odd...I was talking to my mum about the fact that i wake up around the same time everynight i end up tosing and turning and going to the loo.She said she didnt know why.I am going to ask my garny wen i see her next ill be sure to pass u on my awnser x
    Jess Hidden Content 19 United Kingdom
    Dx pcos - 2001
    Dx Ibs- 2003
    Dx foulers syndrome 2011
    Dx benign intercranial hypertention 2011.

Luckiest Godmother alive Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Please do...my mom has always slept lightly and has night sweats too. She says its hormones....It will be interesting what your garny says about it...please let us know...All I know is that I am sick of it and I want it to stop...

Thanks

Oh! My goodness, i just had this conversation this afternoon with a co-worker. I turn my thermostat down to 70 then turn the ceiling fan on High and have a stand upi fan that i turn on High!!! My DH thinks that i am going crazy, but i can't seem to get cool. I usually slepp till about 3 am then i toss and turn till the alarm starts going off at 5, but then by lunch i think i could lay down on the floor and go to sleep. This is all so crazy!!!
    Bfroggie21 (25)
    DH(25)
    Married 6-21-2003Hidden Content

3 Furbabies Daisy( Mini Dachshund), Lucy (Lab) & Fred (Bassett Hound) Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

6rounds of Clomid with No O
    seeing new RE 7/06
    1st round of clomid with Dexamethasone 8/06
    8/21/06- P4-0.8 No O
    New Cycle with Letrazole started on 9/20/06
    !!!BFP-10/24/2006!!!!!!!!!!!
    U/S 11/15/06- saw heartbeat! 122
    U/S 12/12/06- HB 164
    U/S 2/2/07-It's a GIRL!!!!!
    EDD-07/05/2007

Thanks

I'm so glad to know that I am not alone. I wake up in the middle of the night sweating. The ends of my hair are wet along with my pillow. I also constantly check the thermostat and it measures at 73. I always sleep with the ceiling fan on high speed. I also had this discussion with a coworker this week. She advised me that I was probably starting menopause. I'm only 33. Sounds like yet another symptom of PCOS.

Thanks

Waking up in the middle night soaking wet is the worst feeling. I also look like I just got back from the gym, LOL!!! This has been going on for several months now, even when the A/C is on my DH is under the blankets and I am using ice to cool me down. If anyone has any suggestions how to improve this.....

Thanks

I tried a cool shower at night before going to bed and it seemed to help somewhat. I still woke up around 2am and was sweating, but not as bad. I keep a cool glass of water by the bed, because I wake up with very very very dry mouth and eyes. My eyes are so bad that I can't even blink them. My eye lids stick to my eyeballs. I finually got a good nights sleep. I did wake up hot, but I uncovered and went right back to sleep. It was wonderful..Now if I can only get rid of the dry eyes and mouth, extra hair, extra weight and sweet cravings, everything would be pretty good...lol..I think I am asking for too much...lol