Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Sweaty armpits, but not hot..

I'm alwasy sweating - is this s symptom? A hormonal thing? Anyone else get this?

It's not that I'm hot, jsut sweaty. : (

ew.
    SomeDayMom
    TTC #1 since 3/06
    M/C 2/1/07, 6.5 week
    M/C 6/28/07, D&C 8.5 weeks
    M/C 8/1 D&C
    M/C 12/29 (chem)

BFP 1/22/08 (Gonal F)
    Beta #1, 303 @ 14dpiui
    Beta #2, 841

Somedaymom is a Mom now!
    Angelina, born 10/01/08
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Tell me about it! I've gone through pretty much every deoderant on the shelf trying to find something that keeps me dry! I started using Adidas which was the best I had found but then they changed it (all the products I like change) so I just happened upon this...

Degree for Women Ultra Clear Anti-perspirant & Deoderant (Pure Silver sent). It is the one that says "100% little black dress approved". Wow, I can't tell you how great it works! My sweaty problems are all but gone (I actually sweat MORE when I'm cold) & it really does go on clearer than other 'clear' solids. I never liked clear gels as they never really worked for me.

Anyway, I have the same problem. I never thought of it as a symptom or hormones but you may be on to something. Just wanted to share what worked for me!
    Natural Family Planning Advocate
    Hidden Content color="mediumturquoise">~Hidden Content color="mediumturquoise">Me - 23
    Dx PCOS August 2006
    DH - 25 Dx MS March 2003
    Together Since Oct 31, 1998 ~ Married May 22, 2004

BFP!!! 9/20/06 Hidden Content First Time Parents!
    Hoping for a big family... this is our start

Hidden Content

single again... scottishsweetie's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Yes

The exact same thing happens to me and I hate it! I feel like a sweaty mess all the time and there is no external reason for it. Sometimes I put tissues where I am sweating because it isn't just my armpits- behind my knees, etc. I also use degree but I didn't know there was a 'black dress' version- that is awesome. Now, about those other sweaty areas...

Love,
    Mandana
    SCOTTISHSWEETIE

Me- 38 Hidden Content
    DH- 45Hidden Content

3 fur babies- kitties (Sophie, Jewels, and Wiley) Hidden Content
    Diagnosed with PCOS- 1998
    Proud Mormon!

Thanks

Mine seems to go in cycles. I wonder if it's homronal since it happens even when I'm not hot at all, then goes away. I had a horrid time as a kid finding a deo. that worked. I was using the smae one for a long time, but now it has stopped working. I had to switch again and this one works perfect. Sometimes I will go months or years without having the problem, then it just starts all of a sudden and can last for days.
    DD 6 years old ~ DS 9 months old

Good Ol' Kentucky Girl!! Miss P's Avatar
    Thanks

I also use Degree and it's the best I have found. I used to have to sleep with plastic bags under my arms because of this medicine I used to clear out my pores and it didn't help. I have used every deoderant on the face of this earth and the only one that has worked for me is Degree for women. I would recommend it to anyone. I know it makes you feel gross but don't feel that way here cause we all have it!! hehe Have a good day and good luck. Try the Degree it works!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The Holy Grail of anti-perspirants is Certain-Dri. It's so strong you put it on at night, and then use your regular deodorant during the day.

You WILL NOT SWEAT in any area that you apply Certain Dri. Trust me. It's one of the few products on the market that says what it does and does what it says.

no power in the 'verse... Adyllia's Avatar
    Thanks

Ohhh yes... has anyone else noticed if one side is worse than the other? I always get an incredible amount of sweat on the left underarm, much more so than the right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adyllia
    Ohhh yes... has anyone else noticed if one side is worse than the other? I always get an incredible amount of sweat on the left underarm, much more so than the right.
    I hadn't noticed, but now that you mention it, I think the left side might be worse.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Certain Dri...Certain Dri...Certain Dri

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatCarney
    The Holy Grail of anti-perspirants is Certain-Dri. It's so strong you put it on at night, and then use your regular deodorant during the day.

You WILL NOT SWEAT in any area that you apply Certain Dri. Trust me. It's one of the few products on the market that says what it does and does what it says.
    Thanks, I will have to look for that one!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jashobeam
    Thanks, I will have to look for that one!
    If you don't see it with the regular deodorants, ask your pharmacist if they have it behind the counter. If not, ask them to special order it. (Drugstore.com sells it for $5.99) It's worth it.

Here's what it looks like:

Thanks

Default thank

Thanks guys! I'm gonna try certain dri
    SomeDayMom
    TTC #1 since 3/06
    M/C 2/1/07, 6.5 week
    M/C 6/28/07, D&C 8.5 weeks
    M/C 8/1 D&C
    M/C 12/29 (chem)

BFP 1/22/08 (Gonal F)
    Beta #1, 303 @ 14dpiui
    Beta #2, 841

Somedaymom is a Mom now!
    Angelina, born 10/01/08
    Hidden Content

Thanks

omg, I love you all!

I just left work and came home to change my shirt because my armpits were so sweaty - for the second day in a row. I thought, "enough is enough!" and sat down at the computer to find an end to this embarrassing problem. I first do a google search, which results in some not-really-new information. Then I come here and - viola! It's the first thread I see! *cartwheels*

Now, not only do I know I'm not alone, but I read that others of you have the same WEIRD problem of sweating profusely in one armpit. (Whether it's coincidence or something else, it's is my left one too, by the way...) What's up with that??

I'm going to go find some Certain Dri tonight. I'm soooo tired of not hugging people, or having my coworkers glance at my underarm while I talk, or ruining all my shirts. It's just so annoying!

Even if the Certain Dri works, does anyone know why this happens and if it is pcos related? The other (maybe larger) problem is that it isn't just limited to my armpits...not to share too much info, but I get it in the genital area as well...enough to have caused some problems in the bedroom department.

Anyhow, thanks for listening. I'm headed back to work now - with a new shirt - and a new attitude!

no power in the 'verse... Adyllia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Behren
    Now, not only do I know I'm not alone, but I read that others of you have the same WEIRD problem of sweating profusely in one armpit. (Whether it's coincidence or something else, it's is my left one too, by the way...) What's up with that??
    Maybe we're onto something here!! I've been noticing this problem for years. I sense a poll coming!

I'm left-handed and just thought that maybe had something to do with it. ? Guess I need to try the Certain Dri. I haven't used antiperspirant for years, just deodorant (Tom's of Maine).

Thanks

Hey Ladies:

I have the same issue.....no matter how cold it is, I am always sweating under my arms...and I have to agree with Kat...Certain Dri is THE WAY to go! I apply it at night (roll on) let it dry, and then use my regular deodorant in the morning after I shower....I will not claim to understand why CD works..but it does, my Dr. actually told me about it! Good luck..its nice to know we are not alone!

Anna
    Happy stay at home mommy to an amazing almost 5 year old Prince, a 2.5 year old Peanut and a 16 month little rock star....