Thanks

Default Back pain and joint cracking and popping

I've been having low back pain for a long time, but lately my lower back has been popping a lot. I just tense my lower back/butt muscles a little bit and I get about two or three pops. My hip also has been stiff this summer, especially in the morning.

I've been bad and have been looking up my symptoms on the internet. Does anyone know about ankylosing spondylitis? I know it's probably not what I have, but I just saw a rheumatologist in may and had all the blood tests run and I don't have anything that is diagnosable through standard blood tests, but I did have a high CRP and ESR in March...

I'm going to see my doctor next week but I wanted to wait it out in case I'd injured or pulled something. My pain is worse at the end of the day, and I also have a lot of popping in my neck.
    Sally, 30 years old
    Diagnosed PCOS 11-22-05
    Metformin 1000 mg 2x daily
    Nexium 40 mg
    Singulair 10 mg
    Zyrtec 10 mg
    Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily
    Norvasc 10 mg
    Depo-Provera (at the moment)

Thanks

hi

dont have any advice, sorry. But wanted to say hope you feel better soon - and that your dr can help
    eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

My neck & back used to crack & pop all the time until I realized it was because I was spending too much time sitting at the computer Now I try to go online in small doses & stretch afterward & it really helps. Are you sitting for long periods during the day? It can really tense you up. I'd consider that but otherwise consult your doctor. Good luck!
    Natural Family Planning Advocate
    Hidden Content color="mediumturquoise">~Hidden Content color="mediumturquoise">Me - 23
    Dx PCOS August 2006
    DH - 25 Dx MS March 2003
    Together Since Oct 31, 1998 ~ Married May 22, 2004

BFP!!! 9/20/06 Hidden Content First Time Parents!
    Hoping for a big family... this is our start

Hidden Content

the workaholic cyster irishangel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

sometimes the cracking is the joints correcting themselves the pain could be anything
    Nikki- 28
    PCOS, Fibromyalgia, ADHD,Type 2 Diabetic, Chronic Migraines, GERD, high blood pressure, asthma, anxiety and bi-polar,
    Meds:
    Glybouride 2.5mg,Depakote 2000mg,Visteral 50mg ,Lamectal 50mg, Geodon 40mg ,Clonidine .02 ,Prazosin 5mg

A Freak?????????????????? strixca's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a back problem, always had, was beaten up a long time ago, but dcotors can find whats wrong

but as for poping and cracking they say cod liver oil will help and of course weight lose

try adn tens machine for the pain, or good old hot water bottle

good luck
    the wishes of the angel, amount to more than just one person

23 years old, trying to find my way
    failing business that i wanna make run smooth
    Hidden Content

and i want a baby

Wife, mommy, and cyster! MommyJenny74's Avatar
    Thanks

Hope your back feels better cyster.

I have chronic low back pain (no popping though). My doc is an osteopath and he does manipulations that help a lot. I also take Flexeril (muscle relaxant) when I need to.

I hope you feel better soon
    Jenny
    Jenny(30) Josh (30) married 3/30/96
    PCOS dx 1/03
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I too have low back pain and pain in my hips. I've seen a Rhumatologist. He told me Fibromyagia and recommended 2 motrin 4 times a day. My family Doc says horse pockey. He doesn't believe in fibro. He says there is a real reason for the pain. He thought it was ankylosing spondilitis. When I went to the endocrinologist July 31st for the first time, he said the joint pain and fatigue was from PCOS. The met has helped the joint pain all over my body and my back a great deal. My back still hurts from time to time, but not nearly as bad as it did. I can tolerate it. It got so bad last November, that I almost went to the emergency room and I am not one that likes to go to the doc, much less the emergency room. I started getting cold chills, and uncontrollable shaking and fever. Don't know why. It would come on as quickly as it would leave. Very strange. I've only had a small episode about a month after that bad one and haven't had one sense. My ESR rates would fluctuate up and down and has gotten as high as a 30. My hips are still stiff and I am not nearly as flexible as I use to be.

I hope you feel better and trust me, I know how you are feeling. When you find out what is wrong, let me know. Don't let the rhumatologist get away with the fibromyalgia diagnosis. Keep us informed. Good luck and hugs...
    DX 1994-told to lose weight by GYN,Suffered 12 years before seeking treatments: REDX 2006 by a family doc sent to endo July 31, 2006 and glad I went; Byetta, 2000mg Metformin, 28 units of levemir, fish oil, 1000mg calcium. Type 2 diabetic and high cholesterol dx March 05, psoriasis dx 1992.
    Married 20 yrs 2 kids: girl 19 yrs old and boy 17 yrs old.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

I had an ESR and CRP in March, and my ESR was 25. My CRP was 24 which I was told is extremely high. My gastroenterologist jokingly said it was at cancer levels. That kind of creeped me out.

So I went to a rheum and he did a bunch of blood tests and they were all fairly normal. I don't know if it was just a flare-up and I wasn't having one when the next series of blood tests were taken (end of May) but I was sent back to my family doctor and told I didn't have any rheumatological problems.

I'll definitely keep this thread updated.
    Sally, 30 years old
    Diagnosed PCOS 11-22-05
    Nexium 40 mg
    Singulair 10 mg
    Zyrtec 10 mg
    Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily
    Norvasc 10 mg

Thanks

Hope u get well soon .i suffered too since a week ago from bad low back pain ,i was thinking it may be AF but unfortunately it delayed too much until now,i dont have it now .i have some cracking in joints too.didnt u figure out what causing ur high ESR,CRP....

Thanks

I never did find out what caused the high CRP and ESR. I guess my rheumatologist just chalked it up to some random infection. But maybe it was the same thing that's causing my joint and back pain now.
    Sally, 30 years old
    Diagnosed PCOS 11-22-05
    Nexium 40 mg
    Singulair 10 mg
    Zyrtec 10 mg
    Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily
    Norvasc 10 mg

the workaholic cyster irishangel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher
    I too have low back pain and pain in my hips. I've seen a Rhumatologist. He told me Fibromyagia and recommended 2 motrin 4 times a day. My family Doc says horse pockey. He doesn't believe in fibro. He says there is a real reason for the pain. He thought it was ankylosing spondilitis. When I went to the endocrinologist July 31st for the first time, he said the joint pain and fatigue was from PCOS. The met has helped the joint pain all over my body and my back a great deal. My back still hurts from time to time, but not nearly as bad as it did. I can tolerate it. It got so bad last November, that I almost went to the emergency room and I am not one that likes to go to the doc, much less the emergency room. I started getting cold chills, and uncontrollable shaking and fever. Don't know why. It would come on as quickly as it would leave. Very strange. I've only had a small episode about a month after that bad one and haven't had one sense. My ESR rates would fluctuate up and down and has gotten as high as a 30. My hips are still stiff and I am not nearly as flexible as I use to be.

I hope you feel better and trust me, I know how you are feeling. When you find out what is wrong, let me know. Don't let the rhumatologist get away with the fibromyalgia diagnosis. Keep us informed. Good luck and hugs...
    Fibromyalgia does exsist a lot of dr's don't recognize it because their isn't one test that proves it. But it is a real illness its in the same family as lupus and RA as well as a few other disorders. I hate to say it but theirs dr's out their that don't believe in pcos but we all have it
    Nikki- 28
    PCOS, Fibromyalgia, ADHD,Type 2 Diabetic, Chronic Migraines, GERD, high blood pressure, asthma, anxiety and bi-polar,
    Meds:
    Glybouride 2.5mg,Depakote 2000mg,Visteral 50mg ,Lamectal 50mg, Geodon 40mg ,Clonidine .02 ,Prazosin 5mg

Thanks

Could your hip be out of line? A chiropractor might help. Otherwise, stretching might help.
    Heather

Diagnosed: 07/05
    Spironolactone 100mg/day
    Met XR 1500mg/day
    Yasmin, multi, BComplex
    Metabolic Syndrome Diet (12/05)

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    May 2005 /March 2006 (I hate candid shots)

Thanks

I saw my doctor last week and she gave me exercises to do and some mucle relaxers. But I still feel like my problem is at least partially skeletal because my hips pop and my lower back pops. I guess I'll have to wait it out.
    Sally, 30 years old
    Diagnosed PCOS 11-22-05
    Nexium 40 mg
    Singulair 10 mg
    Zyrtec 10 mg
    Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily
    Norvasc 10 mg

Wife, mommy, and cyster! MommyJenny74's Avatar
    Thanks

Hope you feel better soon