Thanks

Default Low Progesterone...Successful Pregnancy?

Just a quick question. My sister is a fellow cyster, and just got a surprise BFP. She is 6 weeks along. She just got married in July and hadn't had a period since before the wedding. I guess she ovulated really late and got the surprise of her life!! I am concerned about her progesterone level. Her progesterone in only 8. I am concerned that this number is too low. She is taking progesterone supplements and goes back to the doctor on Monday. I don't know what her beta was. They saw the heartbeat on Tuesday. She has had no spotting or cramping. My question is this- did you have a low progesterone level at this stage of the game, and went on to a full term pregnancy, or are in the midst of one? Please help, I am really worried for her! Thanks!

Thanks

My first progesterone reading was 7.8 at 6 weeks. I was on 200mg supps until 18 weeks before I got a reading above 10 on my own. I'm 5 days from my due date, so yes, it does work!

I would suggest your sister and her doctor monitor her levels closely, but a lot of us here have progesterone issues and go on to carry healthy, full-term babies. Just tell your sister to NOT do any 3AM googling about low progesterone. She'll find too many sites that say it's a lost cause, and let me tell you, nothing is further from the truth.

GL to your sister.
    Me: 37, DH: 43, DD1: 7, DD2: 6
    DX: PCOS 4/05
    BFP#3: 3/31/14 Harmony Test: ​6/5/14 - It's a BOY!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Registered User waiting_n_praying's Avatar
    Thanks

I was very low initially, and my Dr. did not want me on the supplements--saying, well, the Beta is going up so it's fine. I did have some spotting and immediately began using Progesterone cream (the natural stuff from the health food store) 2 x a day. My levels went up in days. I never told the Dr. by the way. I stayed on the progest until week 20 and slowly went off, and have had NO problems with the pregnancy. I am at 30 weeks and baby is very healthy. I am convinced it saved my pregnancy. I was told that the natural cream gets into the system much better than pills, and the suppositories go more directly to the uterus, so will not always change blood levels, but can still work. If I had it to do again, I'd still go with the natural cream. Hope the pregnancy is a happy and healthy one!!
    Lorie (34)/David (35) Married since 8/2/1997

BFP +++ 4-27-06
    EllaGrace born 12-14-06
    7lbs. 10 oz. 21"

Hidden Content

Thanks

I am 6/7 wks pg. My prog level has been extremely low. When I found out I was pg 3 wks ago it was 6. A week later it was 12, then 10, now this week it is 8.2. Dr had me on vaginal supposotories. But just yesterday switched me to muscular injections. My last hcg was 22,018. I had an u/s Tuesday. The baby had a hr of 112. I am still in danger. But just have to keep praying. Hope all works out with your sister. I would push the dr to keep on it aggressively.

Thanks

My levels have NEVER been checked throughout any of my PG. I don't think it's done as standard here at all. Weird!

Congrats to your sister
    DX: May 2004

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Walking & Low Carbing to 146lbs - nearly there!

July 07 : 167lbs
    Sept 07: 153lbs
    Nov 07: 147lbs
    May 08: 144lbs
    July 08: 140lbs

January: Changed my goal weight to 140lbs!

Thanks

W/Logan my p level was 9.6 and I went on supplements and baby came out fine.

W/#2 my p level came back 10.x and I went on supplements and this baby is about ready to come out and is doing great.

PCOS+IR, Hypothyroidism
    Sleep Apnea (cured by tonsillectomy)
    30-Something Mommy of 2
    Logan Scott born April 9, 2004!
    Conor James born Nov 1, 2006.

Hidden Content   Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm not sure of my levels (they measure them differently in Cda anyway) but I had low progesterone with all of my pgs. With this one, I started on progesterone suppositories at about 7wks. I think it was about 6wks with my other two pgs. They turned out perfectly, and with this one, so far, so good.
    Hidden Content
    Emily Marion - May 23, 2004
    Hunter Nathaniel - May 17, 2005
    Ethan Lukas - February 27, 2007