Thanks

Default weird question re: wart like things...

is it just me,or does anyone else develop weird,clearish,wart little bumps on there face??
    i started having one on my forehead,now 2,now one under my eye...
    i dont know what they are..there small,but,annoying..is it just me??
    its not a skin tag,i only have one of those under my arm,but what on earth are these things on my face,lol???
    Healea 28yo
    pcod/IR dx '98
    ~~angel baby~~~ "molly" 6wks '98(blighted ovum?)
    ortho-cept bcp
    10/15/02***as of now, no longer on bcp..gonna see if met works to reg af*** fingers crossed!!...
    Welbutrin 300mg,Metformin 2000 mg.
    Hidden Content divorcingHidden Content
    ssbbw excersising to richard simmons, walking,low carb,higher protein diet...

"mama" to Indigo and Violet
    (precious pitbull and kitten)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Staying Positive lavender flowers's Avatar
    Thanks

you know what, I have the same type of thing below my jawline (on the double chin lol).. I am going to try to go to the dermatologist and find out what it is, mine doesn't look like a wart, but I know it doesn't look like a skin tag, I call it the mystery meat on my neck.haha, but I will find out what it is and let you know.
    "You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Ghandi

DX PCOS July 2002
    Diabetic... on Met also taking Prenatal Vitamin
    Diet: No fast food, soda, caffeine, or cooking with salt. Everyday eating oatmeal, fruits and veggetables!
    Exercise: Hidden Content 45 minutes of cardio, weight lifting, and stretching, 5 x's a week.
    1/9 - 3/9 down 14lbs!

Thanks

I have few of them under my right eye and a few of them on my left eyelid. I started getting them now. Can that be a symptom of something?

Angela

Thanks

I have them on my hand. I don't know what they are. They just come and go. Hopefully someone else will know.
    Me: 31/DF: 31
    Dx: PCOS 2001
    Sx: 40lbs overweight, excess hair, skin tags
    Diet: Low fat, moderate Mmcarbs, and dddmoderate protein
    Exercise: It's hard, but I try to exercise each day

DS: Nov 2010
    DD: Mar 2013

I may not be a 10, but the boys say I clean up good! -Gretchen Wilson

Happy Happy Happy Nizzy! denverprincess's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know what they are, but I can tell ya that your not alone! I've got a few under my eyes too! What are they???
    Nichole {24}
    Getting divorced Hidden Content
    Suprise pregnancy!
    Doing the low carb thing.....
    I've lost 68 pounds since February! Hidden Content

Thanks

I have had one under my eye before and went and came back a few months later. I have no idea what it is either.
    ***Cristy***

Married to my best friend - 17/1/04
    I'm pregnant!! Edd: 27/7/05
    We are having a little GIRL!!

Hidden Content
    "A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come, but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remebereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world"

John 16:21 (KJV)

Thanks

Default this must be another symptom!!

I TO GET THESE I HAVE ONE OFF AND ON ON MY BOTTOM EYELID SOMETIMES CLOSE TO MY EYEBALL AND IVE HAD THEM ON MY FACE THEY COME AND GO IVE ONLY HAD A FEW AND SOMETIMES THEY GO AWAY FAST AND OTHER TIMES THEY STAY FOR A LONG TIME ~WEIRD~

ANDREA
    I'M 28~DH 34~DD 6
    ^THEY ARE THE TWO BEST THINGS IN MY LIFE^
    DS Angel Baby Matthew 7/4/94
    We lost our DS due to placental abruption at 38 weeks pregnant!!

DX Sept.2001
    Started Met. on Nov. 4th
    (if I could only not skip days!)
    Yasmin

Thanks

I also have a problem with these but I have done some research and have founf that they are yet another symptom of this wonderful disorder. I am sorry I can't remember where I found the infor (looked at to many sites LOL) but if I remember correctly it has something to do with the testosterone levels.I will try to find the site again and post it here when I can.
    Good LUck,
    Bonnie

Thanks

I'm glad someone asked this question! I've been wondering the same thing...I have one under my eye, I scratched it off once (I wouldn't reccomend anyone else doing that, it really hurt!) and it just came back. I suspected it was another symptom of PCOS, and now I know it is. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of them? Geez, I'm so frustrated with this disease, disorder, sydrome from hell! I have spent so much of my adult life trying figure out and get rid of all of these wierd skin problems-acne, facial hair, skin tags, those little brown spot things, and now this! Arrrrrrrraugh!
    Rebecca

Thanks

You could be talking about folliculitis - those of you who mention it around your jawline. Its hair trying to grow in but getting stuck in the follicle and causing a mild infection which bumps up.

The rest - skin tags can look like little bumps too and they are common around the eyes.

Otherwise there is a type of wart called a seed wart that is very small. I have a few. I just ignore them because they don't grow any bigger and are in unobtrusive spots. Other people find that they spread though... that can be a problem.

PCOS+IR, Hypothyroidism
    Sleep Apnea (cured by tonsillectomy)
    30-Something Mommy of 2
    Logan Scott born April 9, 2004!
    Conor James born Nov 1, 2006.

Hidden Content   Hidden Content

Thanks

I was told that the things you get on your eyelids and
    around your eyes is a symptom of high cholesterol ???

Thanks

I have had similar things appear - especially around my eyes and on my cheeks - for years. They are a member of the wart family and can only be safely removed by freezing off. Don't try OTC!, especially when they are near your eyes - let your doctor do it (even a regular doc should be able to remove them). They usually heal quickly because they are so small.

Something to remember - if you have them now you cauld experience them off an on for a long time. These are caused by a virus in your system that can pop up at any time and is aggravated by PCOS.

Thanks

Angry

After reading all these posts I've come to realize that you are describing something that I may have too! I never thought of it, but I have been getting those same bumps on the my bottom eyelids! Out of the blue, I will notice that my eye feels scratchy, so when I look in the mirror there is usually this little clear bubble on my bottom eyelid. Those little suckers hurt..I scratch them off, but you can always count on getting another one. I wonder too, if its related to our cholesterol...I have to get mine checked in January, and if its elevated, I'm going to ask my endo about it. At least we arent alone!!

Thanks

my dads heart dr said if you have high cholesterol, you
    get those bumps on your eye's. here's what I found so
    far online

http://www.skinsite.com/info_xanthomas.htm

also, I have a few of those bumps (3 or 4 maybe),
    one on my upper eyelid, one on the edge of my lower
    eyelid and one underneath my eye in bag city

I also have borderline high cholesterol and high
    triglycerides
    Last edited by Pie; 10-31-2002 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks

I'm just taking a guess here since I can't see what you all are talking about. My best friend used to get this a lot under her eyes and upper cheek areas. It's called Millia.

Millia are tiny sebum-filled cysts near the surface of the skin. Though these cysts generally occur in those with oily, acne-prone skin, they occasionally show up on women with dry skin. The probably cause is the buildup of greasy moisturizers or cleansers that are too emollient and contain pore-clogging ingredients. Wearing glasses can also cause a ridge of white bumps where the frame contacts the skin. The rubbing stimulates the oil glands, creating the cysts. These bumps aren't easy to remove on your own, especially if they are by your eyes. Either an optomologist or dermatologist can remove them. To avoid having the bumps come back find a pair of glasses that do not rest on the face and eliminate heavy, thick moisturizers and cleansers from your skin.

HTH!
    Bee
    Me:39 DH:40
    Lillian Grace: conceived after 3 yrs TTC, Met, Lap & HSG, & Male Factor
    Reese Edward: conceived Au Naturale
    11/17/09 Preventative cerclage (failed), 1/6/10 Repeat cerclage, 1/25/10 On bedrest
    7/13/10 Tubal Ligation~~No more babies, I can't hold them in and don't want to risk another tiny life =(

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content