Thanks

Default "Grossly oriented to person, place & time" ???

Well what the heck does that mean? I saw that my nurse practitioner wrote this down in my med records. Does it mean I am an emotional, crying mess or self absorbed or what? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I type medical records for a living and doctors, nurse practitioners, etc., say that all the time. It just means you know who you are, you know where you are, and you know when it is. Sometimes they say, "alert and oriented times three." It just means that you're normal. If you thought it was 1973, or if you weren't sure where you were, or who you were...that's what they mean, real extreme stuff. Grossly just means obviously, as in she probably didn't ask you to tell her what year it was because she figured you were fine just by talking to you.

So, it just means you're all there! If there are some actual doctors or nurses on the board they could probably elaborate even more. Nothing to worry about! Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up. I kinda thought she was calling me a big cry baby or self involved or something. Guess I am a little sensitive, huh? Lol.

Thanks

LOL! Naw, they speak another language in those records, nearly impossible to understand unless you're in the health care field. I've been doing this for years and I still have to look stuff up all the time. Perfectly understandable, don't feel bad! Glad I could help.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hey, that's interesting!

(I think I might have reacted negatively if I had seen that in my records, too)